Posts by Russ369

I keep getting this with my 970, its definitely a firmware issue. Whenever I play Diablo 3, its a low usage game so my clocks aren't maxed out, then the game randomly grays out and resumes, is there a way I can force it to use max clocks and stay maxed out? When I open the game the clocks usually start off okay for a bit, then it happens and they drop again. Everytime. How can I fix this? Do I have to use a different firmware? Im not too knowledgeable regarding using...
Is it worth selling my 970 for it?
Anyone have an issue where the front i/o USBS are SUPER slow and lose connection frequently? I was trying to copy something from an external drive and it took forever and kept dropping the connection to the pc, when i plugged the same drive in the back mobo it flew and was rock solid... Never had this issue with my fractal node 304...
Just got a air 240, noticed that somewhere in the building process it got knicked and cut up to the silver/copper inside. It's just one of the wires in the whole strand, thinking it's one of the LED lights, I haven't officially tested it yet, if it doesn't work can I email Corsair and see if they can send me a new one? Also, will the rest of the front panel connectors work or did it mess everything up? Thanks
One thing I wish they would add into the game is what they did with Witcher 3, by letting us control the sharpness. I find the game to be very blurry and washed out.
Wow, the game is AMAZINGLY ugly, The colors are gross, textures are crap, all blurry and distorted. Anti-aliasing is a joke, everything is all jaggy even at 1440p. Aside from all the issues, this bothers me the most because I thought atleast it would look good! NOPE!
Yeah I figured. One thing that bothers me about downscaling is that for some odd reason, some games FPS is locked at 30 when i put vsync on, while others like Battlefield and Diablo fun at 60fps even at 1440p. Thats partially why I was looking at a G-sync monitor.So my question is, if I get a native 1440p monitor, will all my games cap at 60fps instead of the 30 i was getting? If so, then I'll just grab a non-rog PB278Q for like half the cost...
Yeah something like that, maybe im using the wrong word... Whatever the DSR thing does for nvidia...
Hey guys, im currently looking at some 2560x1440 monitors and came across this. I currently downscale my 1080p to 1440p, which helps the image quality in general. My question is, whats the difference from having a native 1440p vs just downscaling a 1080p monitor? Gsync is an interesting feature since I hate tearing, but im having a hard time spending $1000 bucks on a monitor... Are there some decent options at 2560x1440 besides this one? Or should I look at some 21:9...
I RMA'd twice, once citing loud coil whine, another citing the memory problem. The other time, I sold it to someone.Im so happy with the Gigabyte version, much better quality than all the others IMO. I've had two EVGA, one ACX 2.0 cooler, one blower, and an MSI.Its amazing that it virtually has no coil whine, unless I REALLY try and listen for it, which is AMAZING compared to my other ones. I was honestly going to wait for the 300's i was so worried about getting another...