Posts by Russ369

One thing I wish they would add into the game is what they did with Witcher 3, by letting us control the sharpness. I find the game to be very blurry and washed out.
Wow, the game is AMAZINGLY ugly, The colors are gross, textures are crap, all blurry and distorted. Anti-aliasing is a joke, everything is all jaggy even at 1440p. Aside from all the issues, this bothers me the most because I thought atleast it would look good! NOPE!
Yeah I figured. One thing that bothers me about downscaling is that for some odd reason, some games FPS is locked at 30 when i put vsync on, while others like Battlefield and Diablo fun at 60fps even at 1440p. Thats partially why I was looking at a G-sync monitor.So my question is, if I get a native 1440p monitor, will all my games cap at 60fps instead of the 30 i was getting? If so, then I'll just grab a non-rog PB278Q for like half the cost...
Yeah something like that, maybe im using the wrong word... Whatever the DSR thing does for nvidia...
Hey guys, im currently looking at some 2560x1440 monitors and came across this. I currently downscale my 1080p to 1440p, which helps the image quality in general. My question is, whats the difference from having a native 1440p vs just downscaling a 1080p monitor? Gsync is an interesting feature since I hate tearing, but im having a hard time spending $1000 bucks on a monitor... Are there some decent options at 2560x1440 besides this one? Or should I look at some 21:9...
I RMA'd twice, once citing loud coil whine, another citing the memory problem. The other time, I sold it to someone.Im so happy with the Gigabyte version, much better quality than all the others IMO. I've had two EVGA, one ACX 2.0 cooler, one blower, and an MSI.Its amazing that it virtually has no coil whine, unless I REALLY try and listen for it, which is AMAZING compared to my other ones. I was honestly going to wait for the 300's i was so worried about getting another...
I finally got a 970 that doesnt have coil whine! 4th times a charm!
Quick question, im getting random fps drops that range from 60 fps to 30 fps, when ive seen benchmarks on this game and the lowest it got was 55fps with the same setup. Is it possible something is affecting frames? Im currently using Afterburner, im thinking that might be it. Or could it be something else? Is there something I can use that I can control fan curve but not ruin performance?
Whatever kind of cooling setup you get, make sure you get a blower video card. It's almost mandatory in this case in my opinion.
Im fairly certain that all 970's have coil whine, even if its considered to be so quiet its barely audible, just the way its built im thinking... I have seen 5 970's, 3 of which were different manufacturers, all had coil whine some louder than others...