Posts by djriful

Seen too much movies... no thanks.
... all these memories... I was STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL GRADE 1 and 2 for SC2 competition in computer classroom during lunch time!   Anyone here from Centennial Regional High School? haha
I don't need to say more if most people knew about relative benchmark. As I can tell you my CPU overclocked is only a margin lower FPS than any of my buddies newer CPU at 5GHZ. The games that benefits the most is the MMO or CPU intensive games. Even FFXIV I still run close FPS over my buddy with last year gen CPU at 5GHZ.
Here I am 3930k... no issues. Game everything maxed out.
I wonder what is he going to do with that money at 86...
Aside from PSU, should also look into investing a UPS Sinewave (not simulated), to keep all your components healthy that includes the PSU. Power from wall outlet can be whack in some house or apartments.   I had a PSU degraded so quick (became so unstable to keep OC, OC was stable after swapping to a new PSU) because I had constant power lost and power fluctuation for 3 years when someone turn on microwave, heater, hair dryer. My monitor also flickers. I had just a surge...
 I agree with you, about 364w, I know the efficiency curves are drop off from low and high end part.  +/- 90% for this 850 G2 Gold. A 750w would be enough but the watts I just posted (gaming) on a stock GPU clock. I haven't overclock it yet so it gives a bit more headroom. If both CPU and GPU (on full load 100% + overclocked), I actually hits 620w on my UPS reading, that is roughly 560w. Sometime I feel like a bit more headroom doesn't hurt and especially this PSU 850 G2...
 I don't understand the power of your 3x rigs... so many TITAN X Pascal... BitCoin Mining rigs?
Personal choice, I would look at the 50% load efficiency. Example, system consume 400-450w during load, would recommend something 750-800w PSU (Bronze, Silver, Gold). If you get a 500-600w, not an issue but your PSU won't be running at 50% load rate and you will also generate a lot of heat in the PSU.   Just wasting energies.   My system runs 400w, PSU is 850 G2 gold. It runs warm, the fan barely turns on.
Just got this for $120 CAD (Amazon PRIME Sales!) https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/cp1000pfclcd/   For my rig in my signature, mostly need it PLEX idle mode consume about 100-120watts. It was able to last 22min until power is back on and if it is not, it goes hibernate mode at 7% battery level (you need to plug the USB from the UPS to your desktop to adjust when on battery hibernate at 7%).    When the main rig is hibernate it consumes about 30 watts...