Posts by IvantheDugtrio

What about the whole thing with binning and yields? Since all of these Zen CPUs should be based off of the same die, some will have defective cores or caches or whatnot and have to be sold as lower end parts or recycled.When the yields are good for the 8c/16t part but the demand lies with the 4c/4t part what are they supposed to do? They disable the cores regardless of whether they are defective. What did you expect them to drop the lower end offerings and sell the full...
I agree with getting an EdgeRouter for saving money. They're ideal for small businesses and offer site-to-site VPN, VLANs, and more. This channel is pretty good at covering all things Ubiquiti: I ran pfSense on my main router for about a year now and got a lot out of it. I built my router from an old Supermicro 1U chassis and Supermicro dual-core Atom motherboard with 2GB of RAM. This totaled over $200 from 2 separate ebay purchases. Even with these low specs it felt...
So I've owned my 289K for about 6 months now and noticed that I get DisplayPort errors (clock failed to sync) with frequent screen tearing at the desktop (every 20 seconds or so there's a horizontal line of gray pixels and everything freezes before the screen flickers and it's back to normal). I've switched to HDMI for a week now and it started showing up on that interface too. Rebooting the monitor seems to make the artifacts stop for some time but it always comes...
They forgot to add Harambe.
So Porsche Mission E required by everyone?
If BIONC has a git branch for Xeon Phi I could get onto that. The advanced vectorization, many cores, and 16GB of MCDRAM can make it a very powerful system.
So recently I got a Xeon Phi Knights Landing workstation for my work. I'm in the process of setting it up for benchmarking bioinformatics tools but most of the time it will be idle. Do you guys know of projects that could be set up on it? This is running as a host processor so unlike the Knights Corner PCIe cards this can run native x86 binaries. Here's an album of the system: http://imgur.com/a/wYPyA It came configured with a Xeon Phi 7210 1.3GHz 64 core 256 thread...
Does can folding@home or BOINC make good use of Xeon Phi? I got a Knights Landing 64-core system at work and wanted to start benchmarking it. I'm using CentOS 7.2 as the primary OS.
Not very impressive at the moment. I hope Cinebench doesn't have a hard limit on the number of cores or threads it can use. Could be a wine config thing.
How do my scores compare with running Cinebench in Windows? Ran it in wine-1.9.19 I'm going to test this on my Xeon Phi Knights Landing rig at work. 64 cores with 256 threads should be interesting.