Posts by IvantheDugtrio

So can executives like CEOs be computers? I'd like to elect a computer like this one as president.
So I'm reviving this thread since I was never able to fix the problem. I looked into RMA'ing the motherboard but for some reason the serial number isn't recognized by Gigabyte's RMA service website. CPU and memory benchmarks work fine and all pass using an older XFX GT 240; it's just the 3D accelerated stuff that fails. Installing the Nvidia forceware drivers causes a blue screen when it tries to enable acceleration. Ubuntu (and lubuntu) fail to start up due to the 3D...
I remember when the FX-8300 was expected to come out. That was two years ago. To think they would bother launching it now.
lol don't bother returning it. The VIA chip probably won't be available to the likes of us for quite some time. They said it was primarily designed for embedded systems.
Source
That's because of duplicity. The next-gen sequencers I use at work do millions of short reads (Increasing the read depth to an average of 1000 reads over the entire sequenced area allows for higher sensitivity in finding mutations from samples.Genome sequencing usually averages out at 10 reads over the entire area. The read depth is not consistent due to the chemistry changes for various regions (GC rich or poor regions usually get lower reads than average).
The genome builds I use for work (UCSC hg19) is closer to 3.7 GB. That includes all non-coding regions and headers for each chromosome/locus/arm/etc all compressed into a .fasta file.
ARM support on GeForce cards is pointless besides building development rigs to expand the ARM desktop ecosystem. Only open-source games would work on the ARM platform since they would have to be recompiled/re-optimized from x86 to ARMv8. I have some experience using Debian on an ARM computer (Raspberry Pi) and you have to recompile most programs to use them.If game devs hate anything, it's market fragmentation and ARM represents a huge piece of market fragmentation...
ii) I'm pretty sure ARM64 host compatibility will be restricted to their Tesla cards. They don't see a market for consumer grade ARM desktops yet so they aren't going to support it until the ARM server makes more progress against x86. The same goes for IBM Power8 support.I don't know about the first question. It'll be a new architecture so they might be able to get the same performance with less power consumption using fewer CUDA cores.
So basically if broadcasters weren't legally forced to freely broadcast their content over the air they wouldn't.