Posts by IvantheDugtrio

So what's the expected release timeframe for Zen as of now?
What we really need are more of these around:
I haven't used any of ASRock's server boards but judging by the popularity of their Avoton products I would think they are good. What do you plan on using this for with pfSense? I have an Intel Atom D525 on a SuperMicro motherboard for my pfSense box which at the moment is overpowered for use as a regular router. If I made my own VPN that would change things quite a bit and then I'd need more single-threaded performance. I've read things about ECC and in the homelab it...
I got the motherboard in a badly matched combo deal with an FX-8320. Couldn't run at full load at stock. With an FX-6300 in it runs alright though I still wouldn't overclock with it. My FX-8320 is now in an ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2.0 and I have it at 4.3 ghz at 1.42V.
Here's my rig's validation btw.
For the memory I think you'll have to set the timings manually. I've had this issue on a few AMD platforms but my gigabyte x79 ud3 seems to recognize my G Skill's XMP profiles.While I'm not sure what's causing XMP issues I do know that there's very little you can do to OC the 2670. You might be able to push the bclk to 103 mhz before it becomes unstable.
It looks like the paste completely dried out. Usually the thermal protection in the CPU would prevent it from going over its limit but it must have been at the limit for so long to have dried cracks like that.Since you said it won't POST anymore I would think it's dead.Also instead of using attachments could you embed the pics in the post?
For gaming they may be unsuitable but for virtualization and 24/7 server duties they're really decent with power consumption.
I have a similar E5-2680 on a Gigabyte X79-D5 which was in Microcenter's opened-items pile. I use it for folding which makes about 30k ppd but haven't done much else with it.I was hoping to do a dual CPU rig using the 2670s just for the kicks but that might be more expensive than I hoped.
Maybe he wants HDMI 2.0 for 4k video playback.