Posts by IvantheDugtrio

It isn't so much new technology as it is simple lack of memory. When games run out of vram they either slow down tremendously due to streaming from RAM or crash. There are some technologies outlined above to aleviate this but that requires developer input. Games like skyrim are definitely done with development so those features definitely won't be added in.
I would imagine driver updates (more specifically game profiles) can help a lot with this.
So what does this mean for older modded games like Skyrim (Fallout 4 will probably have the same problem)? It already uses 6+ GB of vram with 4k textures at 1080p. Maybe if someone could mod or patch the game engine then more efficient caching and streaming would be doable.
Because this is actual news posted on the front page of TechPowerUp
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORETPUStep aside ATI and Nvidia a new flash drive is about to trash your titans and furies (furries?).
Okay I found out it was MSI Afterburner's FPS counter overlay that caused it. Weird since I've been using that since I first played the game.
I've been getting this error a lot recently. It comes up after just a couple minutes of driving. It doesn't kill the game but the screen freezes. I'm playing this on an HD 7870 with the latest WHQL AMD drivers.
I haven't told them that but the guy on the line was pretty strict about the key going bad after 3 "major" hardware changes. I've heard this kind of thing before and really he would have had to give me a new key so yeah.
How do you guys deal with hardware upgrades and Windows' activation? The last time I dealt with this there was a 3-strike rule after which I had to buy a new 8.1 Pro key.
Anyone having issues where the screen freezes ~5 minutes into a race but the sound and simulation continues like nothing happened? I usually have to alt-tab and force quit the game. The first day I played it didn't happen. This only happened a couple times to me yesterday.