Posts by IvantheDugtrio

Okay I've included full specs on the first post. The slide is from WCCF a year ago but they haven't changed. The TDP has been specified as 160W to 215W
The articles say 1.1 GHz to 1.5 GHz. Presumably the 72 core model would run at 1.1 GHz and the 60 core model at 1.5 GHz.Also the 16GB of HBM plus 6-channel DDR4 should be pretty decent.Okay so the L1 cache is actually 32KB/32KB per pair of cores with 1 MB of L2 shared per pair of cores.
Lol no. Do you really want 60 atom cores? Single-threaded programs will really suck on this thing.
Yeah there's a pic from WCCF with 3 tiers of processors. There's a PCIe Coprocessor, LGA processor, and LGA processor with integrated fabric (not sure fabric is).
I'm pretty sure it can run just about anything a regular x86 CPU can run. With that floating point performance it might be worth ditching GPUs for rendering since it won't have the OpenCL or CUDA overhead.
By the sound of it they are fully functional x86 cores.Intel says it'll be supported by Linux and Windows out of the gate. There may be some optimizations to both later on but it should be able to run those now without any special configuration.
Well it's already interesting enough that it'll be able to host Linux or Windows versus having a coprocessor with a trickier programming model. I would imagine that it would be much easier to get existing programs to run on this without OpenCL.A highly parallelized program (such as GATK which uses up to 24 threads) will definitely be able to take advantage of all those cores (namely the AVX ones). Also with 4-way SMT (effectively 288 threads) virtualizing those workloads...
more pics. Also it can be either a PCIe card or a host CPU (presumably in a new socket).
ZDNetSPECS:(WCCFTech)TweakTownInteresting how this can be used as a host processor. I think the work I do can greatly benefit from this over regular Xeon E5's since it uses AVX.
Will there be a Linux version?