Posts by IvantheDugtrio

You could flash the Vega FE AIO BIOS and get the higher clock speeds: http://www.overclock.net/t/1633446/preliminary-view-of-amd-vega-bios/900_100#post_26514867
Just picked up a FTW3 from B&H. It should arrive in a week or so. Also bought an EK block to go in my loop. Let's see how many watts I can push through this thing.
So today I randomly turned on my system with the presumed dead Vega 56 and it started up. Back in Windows there were still artifacts on the screen and I didn't push the graphics beyond idle. There was just enough time to get a few updates through. The card won't boot up again but I'm think it might have to do with temps as the system warmed up to ~30C. When the system booted it was at ~15C. I'll try booting again later tonight but I still plan on getting this card replaced.
I already tried the backup bios and it's the same thing. No led lights on the card. No GPU installed post message.
So it may have been coincidence but my Vega 56 is dead after the update. I was running the Vega 64 LC bios at the time and stressing the GPU with a bit of monero mining. During mining there was heavy artifacting on the screen and I stopped mining after a few seconds. The system appeared stable after that though I figured I should have rebooted after updating the drivers. I rebooted and got no led lights from the GPU on post. The motherboard reports that there's no GPU...
Does your card automatically adjust clock speed based on voltage setting? Mine never follows the set clockspeed unless I crank up the voltage. I'm also using the soft powerplay.I'm on the latest 17.11.1 drivers btw.
So I'm back with a Powercolor Vega 56 in the same dual-rad loop with the ekwb block. Considering how most guides for Vega suggested undervolting first it was surprising that this card would just downclock the moment voltages were reduced. I have flashed a Vega 64 AIO BIOS onto the card and can now stress my water loop. Core voltage and power limit are maxed out at 1250 mV and +50% power limit. The GPU now draws a staggering 360 watts at load. It still can't hit 1700 MHz...
It was a brand new Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm radiator. From the moment I got it I already had an issue with two of the holes not fitting most of my new fittings. In the end only my bitspower hardline compression fittings would properly fit without cross-threading.For the good news I'm testing out my new RX Vega 56 and it's stunning what the right BIOS can do for Vega. No thermal throttling with the stock cooler on Turbo Wattman settings when folding, getting around 450k...
Well I did a more thorough leak test and sure enough I found the leak came from my alphacool radiator. I thought it was weird how the fittings were dry when I found the leak. It's leaking around one of the middle conduits of the rad at the joint between the conduit and the collector. I hope they have a somewhat decent warranty.
That's kind of my situation. I just put the system together a couple days before I noticed the leak. I'm using PETG hardline and bitspower compression fittings for hardline. The double o-rings can be a bit tricky if the outer one snags on the end of the tubing but I know to check for that. I haven't figured out where the leak started from so I have some troubleshooting to do. This is also only my second watercooled build.I just got a 56 to replace my FE. I'm hoping I can...