Posts by Scott1541

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope...
As above, unless you're intending to edit/process the photos afterwards, shoot in the highest quality, largest JPEG setting you can, the D60 is only 10MP so you don't need to worry about large files. If you do want to edit the photos using some software, such as lightroom or photoshop (others are available), then shooting in raw would be better as this saves the raw sensor data from the camera, hence the name.
I should probably point out that although I do use the normal straps quite a bit, I never have then around my neck, its always over my shoulder. A few hours of carrying a heavy body and large lens and you won't have much neck left I really should look into getting a genuine black rapid though, I had a knock-off version and although its nice, I just don't trust it.Okay then, tripod and a new strap it is Don't spend too much on a tripod though, especially if its going...
What lenses do you have? I'm honestly tempted to say don't worry about accessories, just get out there and use the camera, learn how to use the modes,etc.. Fancy straps are nice if you're using heavier gear, but there's no harm using the stock strap on this body, I still use the stock straps quite a bit with my bodies and they're bigger and heavier. As for a tripod its only really something you'd need for longer exposures. If that's something that would interest you...
6/10 - While there's nothing really wrong with the photo technically speaking, the background is quite distracting and the reflections from the jar are a little as well. I appreciate you haven't got much to work with using only a phone though.Anyway, here's something I shot yesterday morning just after sunrise, and HDR'd up very slightly in Lightroom since I don't have grad filters.
I'm studying computer science In my 3rd year now so its work work work, It'll all be over before I know it thoughI'm not sure, he does work quite a lot but the amount of stuff he has is still pretty crazy even for that. One thing I can laugh about though is he keeps getting pulled over by the police, they must think he's a drug dealer as not many students drive a 10 year old BMW.
My mate at uni makes me jealous with all of his gear, even though its canon.He's gone from a 60D to a 5DIII to a 1D X in the space of about a year, and has got so much nice glass over the year too. It baffles me that someone who's only 20 has (to my knowledge, he probably has more) a 1D X, 300mm f4L, sigma 120-300 2.8, 24-70 2.8L, 16-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 (sigma for now, but upgrading soon), sigma 8mm, and is also buying a 50 1.2L soon as well He's doing better than me, but...
Wow, if you wanted to see well used you should've seen my 10-20, that thing was old, beaten up and the grips were discoloured. I sold it on ebay last week for £140, which I'm not complaining about Gear has been shifting about over here, my D7000 is gone, a couple of other smaller bits are too to fund some upgrades I was looking for full frame on a budget and ended up with a D600 which I'm pretty happy with, and a 20mm 2.8D that I'm still on the fence about. It's a...
I hear you on that, I've got quite a lot of work to do as well I try and make time here and there though to stop me going completely crazy
Not really, the only thing I bought was a new torch, a LED Lenser P14.2 which is supposed to be delivered today actually ION I'm starting my latest photography project today; 24 Frames of Christmas. 24 days, 24 frames, F60, 50mm f1.8 and the finest ISO 400 film from poundland I've never done any photo projects before, and I've decided to do this as I don't really have many opportunities to go out and take photos now that I'm in my 3rd year at uni, and working 10-15ish...