Posts by Scott1541

Right then, just wondering, who's still rocking their 830s? Still got my 830 128GB as boot drive and it's still going strong It's been joined by a smaller kingston for photo editing but the 830 is still my main drive, and I don't see any need to replace it in the near future.
Decent price either way, I'm currently looking to replace my 35mm DX with a full frame prime, but I'm not sure whether to go 28mm (probably the 1.8 AF-S version as I can use it for work) or stick with 35mm (most likely the f2 AF-D)
I really like the black rapid system, but its not perfect. The connection method does create a single point of failure, but their reputation is pretty good so the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. The only problem I've encountered with mine is losing the rubber viewfinder eyepieces, and I use mine about 8 hours per week while working.Also €75 is a steal for that, who's head did you hold a gun to for that price? (You're the guy who works at the camera store right? I...
I should try and make something like that for mine. Last night I ordered a few bits to make the stock strap removable, so I can switch between my black rapid and the normal strap when using a tripod, etc.. I ordered a set of optech utility connector things to connect to the eyelets on the camera, and some 'heavy duty' carabiners for the strap to attach to. I'm not really a fan of having plastic buckles on camera straps so that's why I went down this route. It wouldn't...
I'm not sure, most of the fungus I've seen if of the stringy sort of type, that has fibres stretching out from a central point where the spore would've been. Although saying that I did have a couple of zenits that had fungus in the prisms and that looked a bit more like elongated blobs.Speaking of fungus I really need to do something about my fungal issues. Got a Helios 44 with a very small patch inside which I need to clean, got a Olympus trip with a bit in the lens and...
Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope...
As above, unless you're intending to edit/process the photos afterwards, shoot in the highest quality, largest JPEG setting you can, the D60 is only 10MP so you don't need to worry about large files. If you do want to edit the photos using some software, such as lightroom or photoshop (others are available), then shooting in raw would be better as this saves the raw sensor data from the camera, hence the name.
I should probably point out that although I do use the normal straps quite a bit, I never have then around my neck, its always over my shoulder. A few hours of carrying a heavy body and large lens and you won't have much neck left I really should look into getting a genuine black rapid though, I had a knock-off version and although its nice, I just don't trust it.Okay then, tripod and a new strap it is Don't spend too much on a tripod though, especially if its going...
What lenses do you have? I'm honestly tempted to say don't worry about accessories, just get out there and use the camera, learn how to use the modes,etc.. Fancy straps are nice if you're using heavier gear, but there's no harm using the stock strap on this body, I still use the stock straps quite a bit with my bodies and they're bigger and heavier. As for a tripod its only really something you'd need for longer exposures. If that's something that would interest you...
6/10 - While there's nothing really wrong with the photo technically speaking, the background is quite distracting and the reflections from the jar are a little as well. I appreciate you haven't got much to work with using only a phone though.Anyway, here's something I shot yesterday morning just after sunrise, and HDR'd up very slightly in Lightroom since I don't have grad filters.