Posts by Scott1541

I did see something about a D3300 replacement being in the pipeline, but thats the last I heard of it When Nikon normally launch something it pops up on my facebook news feed like BUY ME!! BUY ME!! Not that I'd be interested in another DX camera now, my next one is going to be another full frame body.
Ooooh, so the D3400s are out in the wild now
Random news, but I've got my first wedding job booked in It's something I've been hesitant to step into, but this opportunity came up so I decided to take it. It's for a sort of friend, and they aren't made of money so that kind of works with my inexperience and how much I'm willing to do it for It's about 6 months away, but I'm already thinking about it, got to put in the leg work checking out the church, getting some shot ideas together, etc.. Need to get a bit...
Same here, my catalogs are pretty much disposable. I do my organisation myself, just drag the folder into lightroom, and have it set to write changes to .xmp files..... sorted
True, there aren't a whole lot of differences between f2.8 and f4 for most applications, but one thing I've found is with an f4 lens, vs 2.8 the viewfinder can be noticable darker in lower light situations. Sometimes I can have trouble seeing people in dark places in the nightclub, and have little more than a faint silhouette to compose againstI did consider a Tamron 15-30, but the inability to use filters, and the sheer size of it are problematic. I really need a filter...
The thing I'm waiting for Nikon to release is a 16-35mm f/2.8. Canon are on the 3rd revision of theirs, meanwhile us Nikon users only have the f/4. People can't keep clinging onto the 17 year old dinosaur 17-35 2.8 forever.... we need a real replacement. I've been using my f/4 a hell of a lot recently, and its a great lens, but I can't help but think how much better it would be if it came in a f/2.8 version as well, for more flexibility, brighter viewfinder, etc..
I can relate, but for me its mostly the opposite of that, people thinking I took a photo when I didn't. In the past I've had someone run up to me after thinking I took a photo, then demanding I show the photo I didn't take. In Lincoln I got a guy kicked out of a bar as a result of something similar I try not to but a lot of people expect to have a look. I don't know why because most of them are pretty drunk, and when uploaded the photos won't look that much like they do...
Honestly, its not too bad most of the time. The club I'm at now are pretty relaxed, they just want 100+ photos per night, but other than that they just let me get on with it. The clientele though, that's where most of the annoyances come from... "my arm looks fat", "you're too close", "let me check you've deleted that", "one more, one more (x5)", etc.....The too close one I've been getting a lot more now I've started using the 16-35, people have no idea just how...
Noice..... I kind of want to get myself an 85 1.4, but I don't really have a use for one at the minute. It definitely wouldn't be a Zeiss though... more like samyang on my budget The guy I work for doing nightclub photography needs to up his camera game, he's borrowed my D600 twice in the last couple of weeks as his 5D MkII broke. He's had some pretty big product jobs come in and wanted something better than his 550D that he usually uses for the generic clothing...
Do it, 70-200 2.8s are teh secks I don't think there is such thing as a bad 70-200.I have no problem talking gear as long as it doesn't turn into a pissing contest Although saying that I shall post this photo you may have already seen on my flickr (I know Artik has)