Posts by Scott1541

True My hands aren't huge but then again they aren't particularly small either. The grip made a difference but there's definitely still room for improvement. Anyway, I think I'm going to buy a D7100 in the next couple of weeks I'm pretty sure I'll get a grip for that too, especially since the grips for these models have all the wheels on them etc.., don't need one of those stupid cables, and they can take AA batteries.
Didn't you hear, opinions are banned on the internet ION I've learnt that the D5100 is quite uncomfortable to hold for a long period of time, even with a grip. Did a bar job last night for a few hours and my thumb is sore this morning I'm supposed to be doing the same thing again tonight so this time I'll use the knock-off black rapid instead of the stock strap.
Just had an hour using a 5D3, and I must say they aren't that comfortable. I'd take a D810 any day
Oh no, it's happening Just got back from doing a group photo for my mate's society. That went well and I should be getting paid £40 for that. Now I've just been messaged by the same photog that asked me to do saturday night, saying there's a pre-party job going tonight... 1-1.5 hours for £20. I've agreed to do it and he says I'll get my money next week. He works a lot of club nights here in Lincoln, and is a student at my uni, so I don't imagine he'd mess me around....
I don't know what I want to do... I'm a CS student but do I really want to spend my life being IT support or writing code? I don't know Anyway, I think it's about time to hit the hay, got to get some assignment work done tomorrow, maybe some editing, shooting a group photo monday, then 2 club nights on friday and saturday. Busy week
This gig didn't have press passes, we just got a wristband like the rest of the punters. Us photographers and the video guy had to stand in the crowd at the corner of the stage as well. It wasn't organised that well, the set ended up being cut short due to the crowd and the promoters weren't that happy either.
Well, I've just shot my first gig tonight, and the photos are supposed to be for a magazine too I got a message saying if I was free phone this number, which I did. Turned out it was a magazine editor desperate for some shots of a hip-hop duo at a venue called the basement (it's actually in a basement) here in Lincoln. Grabbed my gear and got down there, and after dealing with non-cooperative promoters I got a space near the front, right next to another...
The thing that really annoys us is people seem to think that photography society = free photographers. We get a fair amount of people messaging us saying stuff like "Is someone willing to do this, it'll give them experience..." Ok, maybe it will give the photographer a bit more experience and possibly a few shots for their portfolio, but there's plenty of other things they could be doing instead to gain experience, things that they might actually enjoy doing. We don't...
Wow, just wow...Today we had a guy from our Uni's Law Society ask for a photographer to work their ball party on friday at a bar/nightclub. It's a reasonable request, so I responded, showed the guy my work, etc. He was happy and confident that I could do the job. Then I asked what's happening about payment I got this reply:So after this I told him where to go, albeit a bit politer If this was any other society I wouldn't have minded, I might have even offered to do...
I don't think it has any full stops actually, I think the closest it goes to full stops are 2.7, 4.3 and 5.4. Shutter speeds and ISO speeds are fine and work as expected, albeit only in whole stops.