Posts by Scott1541

Upgraded this afternoon and then performed a clean install. Overall I'm happy with Win 10 but I'm not a fan of the dark theme, I'd much rather have a lighter theme like 8.1 or the early Win 10 previews. Right now I've set the colour to blue and it's slightly lighter, but not light enough for me.
Fair enough, I didn't get any freebies with my D7200 Then 3 months after I got it Nikon started offering a free MB-D15 grip worth £150+, and all retailers dropped the price by about £90 around the same time.I should probably have bought a grey import instead and saved myself £250 but oh well, at least I have 2 years warranty with Nikon.
Ooooooooh, from wex as well, no expense spared
Top LCD master race I was tempted to upgrade my second body last night, a D7000 popped up on a gear selling group I admin on... £230 for the body and 18-105, hardly used with only 1400 clicks It was a steal, you could even sell the lens on and essentially get the body for about £150. In the end a fellow admin bought it, however said he might end up selling it on soon, in which case it may end up in my hands
Not directly PC related but I made my own fan today and corsair retweeted it
Not too bad, looks like you've got the hang of the meter and getting a good exposure for the most part. Regarding the ISO speeds, yeah, you do have it a bit high on a few shots, but not that over the top. How I'd normally do it is figure out what aperture value I want/need to use, then adjust the ISO to keep the shutter speed where it needs to be.For the landscape sort of shots you've posted on your flickr I'd start by stopping the aperture down to about f/8, or maybe...
Yeah, that was me Sent it in now because I'd rather get it sorted out early before it potentially causes more damage, especially since nobody really seems to have a definite answer regarding the potential for it to spread to other lenses, sensors, etc.. I would have sent it off a few weeks ago but I put it off until after the airshow I went to last weekend. The estimate I've got so far is fairly reasonable, in line with their repair tariff, which puts the cost of...
Just been browsing ebay looking at the price of Sigma 70-200s while mine is in for repair and I came across this: Wat?
You've got a point actually. Even if the body meters fine with the lens, it's still going to be manual focus, which I know from my own experience gets old pretty fast.The only manual lenses I use at the minute are my 50 Series E and Helios. Both very rarely get used, and sometimes it's only because I need a 50 and still haven't picked up an AF version yet. There are manual lenses that I'd love to own, like the Helios 40 and Tair 11, but yeah, you're right, they probably...
If I had a mirrorless body I'd have a stack of old manual lenses If I got one I'd want to go straight to full frame though rather than bothering with m43 or aps-c, so I could use lenses to their full potential and for their intended purpose. I looked at the original A7 around when I picked up the D7200, but I dismissed it as an optical viewfinder is better for what I do, or at least what I like doing. (not done that much of it lately though ) I can see myself owning...