Posts by Scott1541

I'm not going back to look but I bet most of my attempts at street photography have been like that, I don't pick people off at a distance with a tele ION it's the uni societies fair tomorrow and the photo soc has a stand. We've decided we're going to have the table with various bits of gear on, something to take email addresses on and sweets to give out (who doesn't like free sweets?) As well as this we're going to do a little 'photo booth' and we'll post the pics on...
It's a similar situation for me too, although it's still better than chrome. Until they sort this out I'll continue using Firefox while plugged in and Safari when running on battery
Ouch. I hope you can get the insurance company to pay for it because I'd suspect you'd have to pay $450+ to replace that with a good used one.
I probably should have mentioned it earlier but I don't really intend to use photoshop to do much retouching or otherwise improving existing photos. At the minute I'm happy using Lightroom and making minor adjustments to exposure, sharpness, lens corrections, etc.. I was thinking about using photoshop more for making composites and stuff like that where several individual images are involved. By advanced I meant anything beyond the current extent of my PS skills, which...
I don't actually know what my official position will be, I'll have to take whatever position the students union says needs to be allocated for the society to be allowed to run. Last year the society was run very badly with half the committee standing down early in the year and the rest having other commitments. We've got to get it turned around this year.
I don't think I said anything quite to that effect I don't only shoot film and I probably won't ever do, even if it was cheaper to use I wouldn't be using it exclusively. If I developed myself I'd probably do a bit of cross processing though
I know I've mentioned it before but I could do with learning how to use the more advanced features of Photoshop. I'm going to be the uni photography society President's right hand man when I go back in a few weeks, it'll look bad if I can't even work Photoshop
Good news
I'm on holiday and walked past the local camera shop almost drooling. They have a couple of Mamiya SLRs, a couple of Bronicas, a few other things and a TLR. Then they have all the usual canikon stuff too.
I agree providing insurance comes under being able to afford a replacement. I don't see anything wrong with saving up for a better caemera as long as the act of saving up doesn't prevent you shooting for whatever reason. I also agree that cameras are tools that inevitably wear out so you should budget for upgrades, repairs and replacements.