Posts by Scott1541

I very rarely use mine for video but I have no complaints about the image quality whatsoever. The only things that annoy me slightly are the size and lack of dedicated buttons for things. I keep a battery grip on mine whenever I'm not using a tripod, so that solves the size problem, and regarding the lack of buttons I just have to put up with going menu diving for whatever options I want.
It really makes you wonder where they get the money from, one student has a D800E, 24-70 f/2.8 and 28mm f/1.8, and the other has the D810 and 24-70 f/2.8. Neither are professionals, although the girl with the D810's dad is.I find it quite funny that one of them didn't know how to use half of the functions and we're having to tell them how to use their camera Doesn't help that the menus are in chinese either.
Just been comparing the high ISO performance of my D5100 and someone's D800E. Hi2 (25600) on the D800E looks like ISO1600 on the D5100 Next week I'll try and have a play around with the new girl's D810
It's a camera, built-in microphones are almost an afterthought. Canon probably don't want to spend loads putting better microphones in them when they'll probably still be outperformed by a £20 shotgun mic.
Don't think I've ever used a camera with a power zoom lens that didn't make a bit of noise while zooming in/out. Even a few of the lenses for my DSLR make a little bit of noise while zooming, and they're manual zoom
The noise you mention coming from the lens could be the image stabilisation (IS) system. If it's in the lens on the G16 there will be element inside the lens that moves a bit to counteract any movement that the camera is subjected to.
Just picked up some Kodak BW400CN for our photography society trip out later. The local print/dev shop actually sells film at some pretty decent prices, and does student discount. With the discount they're pretty much on par with ebay prices
Not read the article but seems like a bit of a dick move
The only time I've ever had anything published was when I took some photos or a local charity group. Had a group photo printed in the local newspaper and a load more photos were used in a promotional poster. Wasn't my finest work but they must have thought I did a good job because I've been asked to come and photograph another event for them on the 27th. It's in the late evening so it'll be dark, and they will probably publish photos of this too so I'll have to step up my...
What Sean said Possibly including the Canon 1XXXD like too