Posts by Scott1541

That video makes me want a harley Can't have one though because I don't have a motorcycle licence, and to get those there's a couple more hoops you have to jump through compared to car licences. I already have a car licence so I can't justify spending money getting a bike one while I'm still a student, might be something for the future...
Yay, the light seal replacement foam has finally arrived, 2 weeks after I ordered and 1 missing package later
9/10, can't really pick out anything that could be done betterI tried my first attempt at photographing lightning last night, so here's a 3 exposure composite I put together. I decided to use the kit lens for this and foolishly forgot that it didn't have a hard infinity focus stop, so it's a little out of focus
I think it costs me about £0.30 per shot, as long as I'm not using anything too expensive like Ektar/Portra.I'd like to get a 50mm but it would need to be an AF lens, which are selling around £60 used on ebay here. My D5100 wouldn't be able to focus one of these and I'm not sure how much I'd use it over the 35mm, so I can't really justify getting one.
I don't need any more film cameras, 2 is enough I can only use the F60 right now though because the light seal replacement foam for the other still hasn't come yet. I don't like using the F60 as much since I don't have any full frame f mount primes I just have to put up with the slow kit lens.
I'd like to get something like an FM2 at some point to replace my Fujica. Can't be buying any more gear at the minute though, I need a new laptop.
Why do you want to go full frame? I don't see what something like a D6XX would give you over your D50 that a D7XXX wouldn't, other than the larger sensor of course. I'd like to have an FX body next but I'm also perfectly happy to consider a higher end DX body.
How wide do you want to go? Sigma 10-20 is a good lens if it's not too wide for you.
It's based on the D200 according to the 'pedia, the S3 is based on the F80.
I'm fairly sure I have GAS One day I think "I want one of those", then a few days later "I could do with one of those..." My last purchase was a new tripod, and while I didn't necessarily need it it's a lot better than my old one which wasn't really adequate for a DSLR and moderately heavy lens. Next I think I'm thinking about getting a C-PL for my 10-20 but I may hold off on that for a while.