Posts by Scott1541

Good good I haven't used it beyond playing around inside the house. I should take my 28-80 out some time and give it a proper test
You using that rangefinder thing I mentioned last week?
pcfoo is clearly a Fotasy salesman
I've now got a base model 13" too I've had it since tuesday
I don't know, it might
Hello fellow D5100 owner Damn, I could do with one of those for storing my film cameras I'd like a seperate bag for them but don't want to spend a lot.
Got lightroom all set up on my new macbook pro, now I need to get shooting again. I do have some exploring of an old farm with lots of vehicles planned for the near future but no definite date, I should probably get on it with my friend ION now I can start saving for my GAS again
I only noticed it recently but there's a rangefinder feature that really helps with manually focusing. It's like the exposure meter in the viewfinder but instead it shows you where the lens is focused in relation to your selected focus point. You just look at that and twist the focus ring in the opposite direction to the arrow (at least that's what I have to do) and stop when it reaches the middle of the 'meter'. This has made me think about getting a 50 f/1.8D again,...
Yeah, I might just go for the USB option. I was reading the reviews last night for those jet drives and saw several mentioning how hard they are to get out again. I assume it would be a lot easier to bend or damage the contacts in a card reader than it would be in a USB port as well. I think I might just get an Integral Fusion, I've measured up the size against my kingston datatraveller and it will only be sticking out 9mm, and I could probably shave a couple more mm off...
Funnily enough my new laptop is going to be a mabook pro (Retina, hence looking for more storage)Something like this could work but I'd have to remove it occasionally to fit my camera SD card in, I'd imagine that wouldn't be much of a problem though, I'll have to look into these further. Thanks for the suggestion