Posts by Ryou-kun

I would go for the ASUS. The Dell laptop looks fugly and it isn't worth it. It is better if you are mostly rendering things.
Have you tried XOTICPC?http://www.xoticpc.com/They have ton of gaming laptops, and you can find one that is affordable yet powerful.
Well, Haswell and Ivy Bridge does make a difference I guess.But if you compare it to the performance, it isn't that much, but if you compare the cooling and power consumption. It is a huge deal.I agree with you. Lenovo is a better approach.
Just stop worrying about the laptop and wait until your semester start. Then you can figure out where you stand for the laptop. The more you keep pondering the laptops. The more you will get yourself confuse.Chat to us later once you figure out, so we can help you a bit more.
It is because you keep wanting this and that. No offense.Do i need a Touchscreen laptop? (i asked someone from the university and said they have computers there and you use them for practicing etc.) and taking notes is not that often.Touchscreen laptop really depend if you want it or not.Is it necessary to own one? No, but it is nice to have it if possible.Highend or Mid range gaming laptop?It comes down the personal preference.Computer Science doesn't really require a...
Okay, how about this? I think this is a good approach.What I said earlier about the tablet.Instead of saving money for a desktop. You save your money for a new gaming laptop and/or wait for Holiday Seasons (Thanksgiving, Black Friday, CyberMonday and/or Christmas) for laptop's deals.Then you can use your tablet to take notes and use laptop for gaming. You can possibly save up some money.
Do you have the $$$ for it?It isn't bendable neither the Y50, so you will be having a rough time trying to take handwritten notes.If you are going to use a laptop with touch screen to take notes, Yoga's laptop is preferably such as either Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga or Lenovo YogaPad. I would prefer ThinkPad Yoga, again, it has a pen digitizer, so you can use any wacom stylus to write on it and it also have a palm rejection.Look at your screen and pretend to write down notes on...
Here is my take on this.Considering you said,I think this is a good route for you.Buy an affordable tablet then a stylus/pen and use it to take math formulas, physics, etc.For my take, I choose an iPad Air 32GB Space Gray and bought a Stylus called "Adonit Jot Touch". Yes, it is expensive, but there are a cheaper and better Stylus for an iPad.Then I use it to take my notes on it, and it works really good. Just make sure your teacher allows you to use a tablet to take...
It mean on standby.I have a Lenovo Y580 with 720p model. It says I have like 4-6 hours of battery life on the stats sheet, but it can't last an hour or two without charging.Only way to probably achieve it is lowering the brightness, underclock everything, turn off your GPU and use less on it, but I can guaranteed you won't get this so called 5 hours of battery life.Originally, my dad bought it for me, so I can use it in college and play games while in college. It turns out...
Then you have to make sure you sit next to a wall outlet because your gaming laptop can last less than an hour while on battery. Considering you are University, there is a good chance you won't find a seat next to the wall outlet unless your University isn't that big.Not to mention, a regular touchscreen laptop, you won't have any palm rejection and pen input. You will be require to use a Stylus (bubble point), and I don't enjoy using it, lol.