Posts by TranquilTempest

The thing that's preventing people from paying a premium for the fastest ryzen models is that they aren't the fastest chips available. People buying Ryzen are either doing so for the performance per dollar, or they're die hard AMD fanboys. While only the fanboys are buying the most expensive ryzen parts. People wanting the fastest CPU available are still going to buy Intel, even if it costs twice as much. Maybe even BECAUSE it costs twice as much. Rule number 1 of...
How so? I'd say it's equally hard to find replacement feet regardless of size, and small feet are more likely to get dropped while trying to apply them.
I find large feet are less likely to come unstuck from the bottom of the mouse.
Launch is scheduled about 20 minutes after the time of this post, they're also going to try to recover the payload fairings on this flight. Article: https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2017/03/spacex-historic-falcon-9-re-flight-ses-10/ Hosted webcast: Technical webcast:
Can't say I'm surprised.
That's a rather high transistor count. I wonder what they spent it on. As for Intel, I suspect they'll drop prices on their next set of products, and maybe increase core count on the mainstream platform. Can we please stop making 2 core CPUs?
If they're drawing 13w of power, they're also dissipating 13w of heat. With a 7w cooling solution your chip is going to throttle after a few seconds at best. In a tablet that might be a valid design tradeoff, in a desktop PC it isn't.
Liquid fuel boosters can't survive falling over, even into water. With a solid booster, the entire thing is the combustion chamber, so it has to be built very strong in order to not rupture from the pressure of burning propellant. With a liquid fueled rocket, the walls are a small fraction of that strength, as they don't have to be nearly so heavy if they're just holding fuel. .Keep in mind these rockets have already touched down on the ocean at zero velocity before they...
Falcon Heavy hasn't launched yet, it has to do that before it can relaunch. Did you mean a relaunch of one of the previously flown boosters?
I think you might be underestimating that somewhat. Intel spends 12 billion a year on research and development, I would hope more than 1~2% of that goes into the new architectures. AMD doesn't spend nearly as much as Intel, but still about a billion a year. Obviously not all of it goes into CPU architecture, but I think 80M is still a low estimate for bringing Zen to market.