Posts by error-id10t

I'm moving from 800D to R5 but have a problem. To make this work I need to get rid of my current res/pump combo (refer sig) and replace it with something that fits this case. The RX360 goes to the top which removes the ODD bay which is just fine and dandy by me. But I cannot leave the HDD bays there either as whatever res/pump solution I get, the GPU clearance is already 310 to the HDD cases? So my question to WC here, what do you use and how do you make it not rattle?...
Did this / does this work for anyone? Really worried about this "change anything" and reinstall Win8.1 method.
Isn't this a win-win-win for everyone or have I lost the plot? Nvidia can add more whatever it is that they're "lacking" today and causes a bottleneck. AMD can add more whatever it is that they're "lacking" today and causes a bottleneck - both of these scenarios have been discussed at length here already. Then there's us the consumers who (if both companies fix their bottlenecks) will receive a very nice increase in performance for DX12 games.
You've got 3 rads, can't you simplify that octopus to a single 360 say RX360 (example only), put it at the top and clean the setup a fair amount? If you think that doesn't work alone then keep one of the 120s and put that where you have space. I have a 800D myself and have been thinking of Fractal R5 but I think you're after more bling / show compared to me as I just want performance and if it's nicely hidden even better. You can build it yourself easily once you've read...
Longest build thread not finished yet?
Here's hoping it finds a working driver with CCC for my poor old 4670 mobility.
Who is this person who comes here and suddenly starts making sense, don't see that too often. Nicely explained.
So Nvidia will bring out new cards early next year and AMD will release these mid next year, that's what I'm thinking. They have caught up with DX12 apparently which looks great and they have HBM bedded in with the first Gen done and dusted now. I think we may have competition, the nay-sayers will still say AMD sucks because I just can't see them being able to deliver these before Nvidia next Gen cards... but then I'm wondering what happens to those as doesn't AMD still...
I tried DuckDuckGo but it's search results are so horrible I had to give up which leads to the reason people use Google so much. Someone mentioned Bing gives good search results for "pictures" but when I already have my favorite in-grown toenail fetish site ToesRus book marked why do I need that..Ghostery + Privacy Badger do a nice job combined.
My 2cents. The DC path is cheaper and IMO you won't regret it, it's plenty fast when OC and you put something like CAS9 2133 / 2400 RAM there. But seeing as you're entertaining / willing to look at a more expensive setup, then (again IMO) you'd choose the 5820K path. It won't suddenly start losing single-core performance, while providing 2 extra cores for those 3-4 years you're intending to use it for. + the X99 platform will give you more lanes compared to say Z97 which...