Posts by error-id10t

2 possible reasons, too many BSODs have now corrupted your OS. Reinstall. Or the game itself is corrupted, I'd assume you can check for corrupted files.On your other question, yes, there will always be a difference between the VID you set in BIOS vs. vcore you see in OS which usually is ~0.02v. Don't worry about this. Use HWInfo instead of CPU-Z as it shows you many more things.Anyway, hope you noticed the point about not updating the mobo and rather - if you really want...
You didn't have problems OCing because the CPU wasn't up to par.. lot of advise was given but you pretty much only changed vcore. You're running 4.2G @ ~1.2v at the moment. The effort, time and money you've spent changing that CPU and now changing the mobo is crazy to be honest. I have not seen any evidence showing you can OC better on Z97. Can I make a suggestion.. save that money, keep your mobo and instead spend it on the 4790K. That chip will work on your Z87 board...
ASUS showing support for my board, not a rumor anymore..?It's not a conspiracy theory if it's true!!
Of course they will.. the same microcode that runs on the Z97 works just fine on Z87 and Haswell (old). Tune the BIOS and there's your new BIOS. If they don't then imagine the outrage, first we had Intel telling fibs and if it actually turns out that it does work but a manufacturer won't support it.. crazy. That'd be my last board with them. Anyway, all this comes to the question of: why does Z97 even exist. I still don't get it and don't tell me it's because of M2. Huge...
Even if true which from memory now was actually changed so this would come after Maxwell, either way this doesn't help us any time soon...
Just bare in mind that the 760 is basically
Well he sort of is, find me even few Haswell's that are running at 5giggles and cache also at 5giggles @ 1.4v? Of course, running a SuperPI is no stability test so really can't take much out of that single post IMO
Over here from stores that I know are good.. the Hero is $280 (same price as the Z87 model btw). Ranger comes in at $225. Gene comes in at $265.If there's a board that doesn't make sense it's the Gene. That's the cheapest, the next lot of stores that I'd use have it at same cost as the Hero.
I think it's more related to how hard you drive it. I can max out settings with TXAAx4 and the config file, plays smooth and no stutters with the registry update to large page files. But then there's a memory leak or something causing it to keep chewing RAM.I have increased my page-file now and will try later tonight again to see if this helps re: RAM problem.
On the desktop chips/mobo's, you can't enable beyond C7.. So you have the usual C1E, C3, C6 and C7. I personally don't bother with package C states.