Posts by error-id10t

Could someone help with the same question, board is ASUS Z87-Pro? I did this in the past and went through 3 terminals I think before finally getting it right, figure I'll ask this time and get it right.
Ok so a dumb question. Has anyone seen a comparison of similarly performing 980 against a 970 (ie: they are matched to perform the same level on benchmarks first), and then in-game where the 980 is using 4GB where-as the 970 is using whatever (let's say 3.5GB). Is the 970 performing worse?
Anyone here using Linux and if yes, how do you control fans? I see the latest BETA drivers gave coolbits so voltage etc is fine, but I can't figure out how to make fans work harder, let alone control them at all..
3 days later and I've succeeded getting Linux mint to fold with my GPUs. All it took was figuring out that OpenCL isn't being installed and then figuring out how to actually get it. I kept running into a problem where after installing it and rebooting, all I got was a black screen. Once I reinstalled the whole OS because of this. OpenCL 331 or whatever refused to work so now running 346 This time I went to rescue or whatever and pressed "free diskspace" and saw it list...
I would recommend you post this either in the card owner thread or better yet, create a post at the water-cooling section, that way you can cover off many questions without "pollution" as it's yours Ah, I don't see anything like that in the GPU section of HWInfo. Just the normal +12V which is showing 12.09V but measured is 12.20VGoing straight to GPU cable's, it's measuring 12.10V
How are you checking this? I'm folding right now and it's showing 12.20-12.21v for me and just want to check I'm doing the same way you are. You say directory on PCIe connector, how do you mean?
6 hours later, done everything with nothing fixing this.. back on windows to chew 9201. At least windows works as expected.
hmm you peaked my interested, logged into Mint and sure enough it's connecting, downloading but as soon as client kicks-off..... 04:04:41:WU00:FS00:FahCore 0x17 started 04:04:41:WARNING:WU00:FS00:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72) 04:04:41:WU00:FS00:Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:9201 run:721 clone:4 gen:5 core:0x17
Auto = 8 unless something has changed.. again unless something has changed I think 6 pretty much keeps it what you set in BIOS under load/idle (or was it 7).
lol ouch how's your finger? Everytime I've accidentally gone close to my G1 fans it's drawn blood! Anyway, good excuse to go under water....