Posts by Oedipus

You could use Access for this, but I suppose if you had any experience with Access you would have come to that conclusion already. Access isn't terribly complicated but it can be very frustrating to use if you don't know what you're doing.
The fastest drive I have used is an LTO4, but in our environment they can do about 3GB per minute (completely uncompressed) while the backup is running. I've never had to do a full blown restore from a tape that would require a continuous read, but the speed you get from them (read or write, to be fair) depends on the compression scheme being used. I think LTO6 drives can do read at like 350 or 400 MBps, depending on the compression ratio. They are serial devices, so...
Are you sure you're being logged off because of an RDS session timeout?
Comcast's new 150/20 tier (replacing the 105/20 tier) effectively maxes out a 4 channel downstream modem.
The 4930k is 6/12 as well, but obviously with a higher clock than the 2620.
That's how we have been doing it. It works fine, but it's slow (unless you have like 15+ techs working on it, anyway.) 150 PCs is going to suck.
Can't help but notice it now looks just like the scareware it's designed to remove.
Assuming the DC transformers would accept a lower input voltage, you would need a 110/120v circuit that could deliver over 40 amps. That's a waste of panel space, if nothing else.
Why don't you just let them do their jobs and do what they ask you to do? You're treated like a moron because most people who call them are morons. You're not paying them enough to be entitled to some other level of front-line service.
XP SP3's "mainstream support" ended in 2009, some ~8 years after the original OS was launched. Windows 7 will very likely follow the same path that XP did; support (mainstream or extended) will be extended repeatedly. This will hold especially true if Windows 9 is a bust.