Posts by airisom2

Tried your settings on my XL2720Z, and there are a couple problems. 1. Movie mode saturates the colors 2. blacks are crushed 3. Gamma is off 4. slight oversharpening 5. movie mode doesn't allow Blur Reduction.These are the settings I use:Picture Mode: Standard (standard mode has the best color accuracy and most customization vs. other modes)Brightness: 100Contrast: 51RGB: 100/98/96AMA: HighIM: OnSharpness: 6Gamma: 5In AMD CCC Desktop Color SettingsRGB Gamma: .70/.95/.95...
Tom's Hardware.The VergeThere were some rumors floating around saying that it could be either 2560x1080 or 3440x1440 at 144Hz with the latest rumor saying the former. I guess we'll see when Computex rolls around this June.If that wasn't a typo and it actually has nine speakers...wow. That's going to add a lot to the cost, methinks. It'd be a shame if it has all of these features, but only a 2560x1080 resolution. Acer pulled an XB270HU out on us, so who knows? It might be...
You aren't really thinking in the future if GTA V and DAI are in the present When I say future, I mean next year's graphics cards, which should be able to run such a monitor in dual-gpu configs fine.The difference between 120fps and 144fps on a 144Hz monitor is negligibe. I find it hard to discern the difference between the two even with strobing enabled, though it is visible. With how much framerates can vary in these games (i.e. 100 to 75 to 140, etc. with the flick of...
Have you actually used a high refresh rate monitor? If so, then you'd understand that the smoothness and clarity of 75Hz isn't even worth being compared to 120Hz+. It's a big difference, especially when you have strobing enabled.If this monitor was 144Hz, it would scale with future equipment better than if it was 75Hz. Not only is a 3440x1440 144Hz monitor a better long-term investment, the gaming and general usage experience would be sublime. Rigs today can run...
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27919452&postcount=143Gibbo was wrong on the specs on this monitor, so there may still be a chance that it will be 3440x1440...or 75Hz. I guess we'll find out later this month.
Well, I guess we're waiting another year or so. 75Hz is a stutter fest compared to 120Hz+ especially with strobing. The XB270HU, on the other hand, checks most boxes for me, but I can't help but see it as a stepping stone for the great monitors to come. I guess another way of putting it is if we have a 144Hz IPS 1440p monitor out now, the good stuff shouldn't be too far ahead. I'd rather spend the $800 I would have spent buying the XB270HU towards something like a 120Hz+...
If HD4000 can make use of GPU-Acceleration/OpenCL, make sure you select it in SVP's context menu in the taskbar.Don't use madVR as your renderer and use something else. You can give EVR a try and see if that lowers your CPU usage enough. If not, then:Reset your profiles to default by right clicking the SVP icon in the taskbar, video profiles, reset to default.Then, play an array of files of resolutions representing each profile and fine tune them for each resolution. Refer...
Here ya go. It's free and easy as pie: 1. Download foobar 2. Drop the videos in there 3. Select all, right-click and go to convert-> quick convert 4. Choose the format you want to convert to from the list and whatever settings you want. 5. Download the corresponding encoder for the format you chose (flac.exe, lame.exe [mp3], etc.). If you want to separate the whole album, you're gonna want to use audacity and break the music up. Throw the encoded audio file in there,...
Well, my N3DS XL has an IPS-type top screen and TN bottom. My O3DS XL has TN on top and bottom. Top screen O3DS XL: With WiFi disabled, when looking at the disabled text in the top left, the grey color box around it inverts from grey to a baby blue color when I tilt the device. Colors are washed out, and I can't see the little squares in the background. Top Screen N3DS XL: Nothing changes when tilting. Bottom Screen O3DS XL: The white borders around the icons wash out...
If I was in the market for a new monitor and graphics cards, and a particular monitor model came in both G-Sync and Freesync versions, I'd choose the G-Sync version even with the price premium. Although I'm impressed that it works very well, and you can adjust the behavior of VRR outside of the refresh rate range, the ghosting and small refresh rate range is pretty disappointing. With all of these unoptimized ports and flaky games coming out, minimum frames are extremely...