Posts by airisom2

Force SVP on the second gpu. It seems that madVR is forced to run on the first GPU, and I can't find a way to change that, so you can balance it out by running SVP on the second. That way, each card is dedicated to running each program, which balances the usage/temps.
Decoders like DXVA and CUVID are pretty much pointless unless you have a super slow CPU that can't decode fast enough, and you need to offset the load to your graphics cards in order to fix it. That's essentially what they're made for. Software decoders are all that's needed if you don't have an ancient rig. You're not getting better quality with hardware-accelerated decoders, either (well, for those systems that are able to correctly play video). All they do is move some,...
I had a Q8300 and a 5770 a couple years ago, and it did fine at 60fps at any resolution, so your rig should be fine.Look at the fast guide in the first post in this thread. It uses KCP as the baseline. You also might want to use my preset that's in the Advanced guide too. I used that profile when I was using the aforementioned rig, and it will give you the most smoothness possible with the smallest performance hit and the least artifacting.
No problem @Cyro999, @rainking Glad I could help.That's how I was at first. When I was first introduced into the 120Hz world back at the first of the year (XL2720T), I could barely tell the difference between 60 and 120fps, and only on fast panning screnes was I able to clearly see the difference. And guess what? That's basically the same now. Typically, in movies and whatnot, there is somewhat a standard speed for panning scenes, and 60fps seems to cover it very well,...
Well, if you didn't mess around with madVR's upscaling settings, and/or FFDShow settings, the graphics card could be the culprit. Kinda hard to believe since the 770 shouldn't be that bad in OpenCL. Just to make sure, try reinstalling everything (drivers included), and test again. If you're still getting low frames, then all that's left is the graphics card since I know an overclocked 4770K is more than enough on the CPU side of things. Overclocking your 770 or swapping...
Welcome to OCN Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. GPU acceleration in SVP basically offloads some of the workload from your CPU to your GPU. Try changing your SVP settings first. Disable "Decrease Grid Step," and put your motion vectors grid on an average or large setting. Those two settings can really lower the frames on slower systems. If that doesn't do it, then if you have made any changes in MadVR, put them back to the default values.If you go i5, make sure it's a quad...
I can see this type of cooler cutting into their margins. Aluminum+Asetek=expensive. I'm interested to see how they price the 390X with that taken into consideration. Perhaps we'll see them jump the price to ~$600 to compensate. The good thing is that the temperatures will be awesome with something like this. Seeing as AMD's reference PCB is already pretty good when it comes to power delivery, slapping on an AIO with direct cooling for the mosfets will really make use of...
@Zedax Looking at one of your previous pics, the default bios has on your card .045 in it, which is newer than any other bios that I've seen so far. Maybe it's safe to say that the 290X bios needs to be the same version as the bios that was on there by default (i.e. .045 290x bios on 290 with .045 bios). I'm guessing that these AIBs are making small adjustments to the PCB and only a particular bios version will work on it. That would also explain what I read on the PCS+...
1050/1350. It supports Hynix and Elpida.
Wow, you guys are lucky compared to what internet I have. Try living off of 10mbps, ~600ms latency, and a 10GB data cap that cost $60/month (Satellite internet). And the worse part is that I can't get anything else in my area. I wanna download games off of steam and whatnot, but I can't. I want to netflix, but I can't. I want to youtube more than a couple videos a month, but I can't. I want to game online, but I can't. I wan't to be able to freely download stuff, but I...