Posts by airisom2

SVP has a tutorial on their page showing how to get it to work. https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Kodi I haven't tested it, and I'm sure a lot has changed between now and 2014, so it may not work now. I'll try poking around this weekend.
It will fit. There are pictures of the Prodigy M on google with the older H80i, and there are no fitment issues that I can see except the graphics card getting pretty close to the rad. That will happen with any 120 unit, though. Just visualize an extra 10mm poking out and bam H80i V2 or what have you. If you want an extra 2C or some other unnoticeable number, then you can get some Gelid GC-1 Extreme or some Thermal Grizzly Kryouaut. I have both, and they perform about the...
I guess BB will start shucking drives again
Ah, I didn't see you already had one of those. Well, whatever decrease you get in CPU temps with a reference card will give you an increase in gpu temps and noise. Not to mention GPU Boost 3.0 throttles pretty aggressively on reference coolers.But to help you out with your question, the 1080 would be the better choice. Newer architecture, faster, more power efficient (less heat dumped in your room, or less power consumed=lower temps/noise in the gpu world), longer...
Well, you really can't trust static pressure ratings nowadays. It's best to just test the fan's airflow through a rad instead of relying on those types of numbers because all of these companies test differently, and because of that, you can't directly compare static pressure ratings, or cfm or dba. You can find those types of reviews at thermalbench.com.Yeah, that's why I edited my previous post. There are too many variables at play to compare different sized fans,...
It is okay to run non-reference graphics cards in 90 degree cases, but it would be best if you used cards with a heatsink fin orientation like the MSI Gaming. The way the heatpipes are oriented in that graphics card will allow heat to wick from the heatpipes more efficiently in rotated cases than something like the GB windforce which has straight heatpipes.
Your first question depends on the fpi of the rad. A thick high fpi rad will benefit more than a thick low fpi rad because there is more metal in the way.It's beneficial to have as much cfm as you're comfortable hearing. There's nothing wrong with having matched rpms on your fans. The first fan's airflow will lower anyways vs. the second fan because of the rad's resistance, so it would actually be better to have a faster push fan, but why stop there when you could just run...
Yeah, especially that 49mm. The fpi on it is pretty dense. It's a good thing that it ships with two fans, which together offer enough static pressure to utilize the rad.To add on to your last post, 140mm fans have worse static pressure than their 120mm counterparts, so that narrows the difference a bit more, but you're still right that a 140 rad will perform better than a 120 of the same thickness and similar fans. Any deficiency in static pressure on 140mm fans isn't...
The Asetek 49mm rad. A couple of companies use that rad (H80i V2, Arctic Cooling Freezer 120, and I think Zalman has one too.), and it's as good as you're going to get as far as aios go. I have the H80i GT/V2, and it will cool a 1.3v 4930K with good temps. The H80i v2 has performance similar to its 240mm counterpart minus a couple degrees.AMD Zen looks to be a bit more efficient than my old Ivy Bridge E, but we won't know until reviewers get their hands on one. Also, I'm...
I have a Wasabi Mango UHD550 which is able to use Freesync. I am running a 980 Ti currently, so I can't test Freesync. Here's the problem. To varying degrees, I'm getting input lag. The higher the framerate, the less lag there is. Running games at 120fps nets noticeably less lag (feels instant) and improved mouse tracking. Lower framerates feel less responsive, and mouse movements feel floaty like inertia is affecting the mouse. This is with setting the maximum...