Posts by airisom2

Msi gaming golden edition. 1190 core, 1404 boost (what it remained at the whole duration of the bench).
Those valley scores look normal to me. I ran them myself (2560x1600, ultra, 8x aa) and got basically the same results with my 980ti. An overclocked 8350 will not bottleneck a single 980ti unless you're running a low resolution.
Isn't this normal? Both sides have been using variations of a baseline PCB for a couple generations now. GM200 is using a variation of GK100's reference PCB, including some, if not most, of the non-reference designs. It goes without saying that rebrands use extremely similar PCBs. GDDR5x is an evolution of GDDR5, so I don't see why they should waste R&D money when they can tweak an existing layout. That said, its nice to see a pic showing production GDDR5x chips
Here's an idea: EK Predator 1080. I'd love to have an external AIO rad that I can hook up and not worry about putting together and filling up. You could power the 4x 180mm fans and pump by some 12v laptop charger terminated to SATA/Molex so that the only thing between the rad and the computer is the tubing. If you need longer runs, then you could offer pre-filled QDC tubing extensions. You could also Include feet for the rad (that you don't have...). It would cool better...
Get a large 4K monitor and run a custom resolution. I think for 4K, it's 3840x1620, give or take a few pixels. You will then get the size of a 40"+ monitor, but with the aspect ratio of a 21:9 and a slight resolution bump. I just tested it on my UHD550, and it is definitely wider in games, but you may get a fisheye look in some games. In desktop usage, you will get less screen real estate because you're basically cropping the top and bottom set of pixels (so set it at...
Side by side, they are really similar. The pics taken don't really do it justice. Bear in mind the XL2720Z is calibrated using TFTCentral's ICC profile, and the UHD550 is done by eye. The UHD550's colors were actually pretty good out of the box, and all I really had to do is mess with the brightness and contrast settings.I cannot select 10bit as non Titan/Quadro cards can only select up to 8bit. My 980Ti will not allow me to select 10bit. When I had 390Xs, I could choose...
Sitting upright, I"m about a yard away. I have a couple more inches to slide back the monitor, but this is a pretty comfortable distance for me even if I have to move my head around. When I recline and watch movies, I'm about 45" away. I don't really have to move my head when I'm that far away.
If you finished reading my post, then you will see that the problem is not with the monitor, but a render size issue with NV drivers. Setting maximum pre rendered frames 1 fixes the issue. I don't know how it will behave with AMD graphics cards (flip-queue), however. This is only a fullscreen problem, and when experimenting with windowed/borderless windowed, there is no input lag issue. It also does not affect all games.
Well, I received my UHD550. Here's something I found out when going back and forth with the ebay sellers: 7daysdirect and accessorieswhole are the same company (SNP Co Ltd.). Another thing I found out is that the standard UHD550 may have up to 10 dead pixels. When speaking with the seller, they said that they only had SE grade panels for non-perfect pixel UHD550s which are rated up to 10 dead pixels, although on their ebay page they say that they have a 0-3 defective...
Yup, right in front of the heatsink fan blades. An open case would give you more consistent fan intake temps which is what you'll need if you're wanting an accurate intake temp recording. Your plan sounds good to me Basically, the device you're looking for is an indoor/outdoor thermometer with a wired probe at the end. I would just get one that is easy to read and has a small thermal probe (so that it doesn't negatively affect the performance of the fan) like the one I...