Posts by airisom2

I remember playing around with that a couple years ago. It was pretty hit or miss on the videos, and when I could get it to work, I didn't think it was good as SVP. Maybe things have changed since then. Maybe if Vega is good I'll test again.
EK has discontinued the Predator series. They're going to the EK-MLC series sometime this spring which will allow you to purchase all components separately (pre-filled pump/res/rad, gpu block, cpu block, etc.). Not sure what types of rads or blocks they will be using, but we'll find out around spring time. Plus, I would NOT buy any leftover units because there is a very high chance you'll get one that will leak. EK has been through roughly 5 revisions in the past two...
So, you mean to tell me the 140 and 280 are being discontinued after a little over 3 months of being released? Hopefully there is some type of step up program for current predator owners to get the upcoming MLC series. Edit: EK is definitely heading in the right direction, though. Offering pump/rad units separately, along with pre-filled blocks will allow for much better case compatibility and allow the buyer to suit their custom wc'ing needs. A lot of people have been...
Most satellite speakers sharply roll off below lower midrange frequencies by nature. So, for instance, if a satellite speaker can deliver 90dB at 500Hz, it would deliver roughly 70dB at say 60Hz because the speakers are not designed to be able to deliver a flat frequency response below midrange frequencies. Because of such a sound level difference, music will often not sound right. This is because of various factors like power, speaker size, excursion potential of the...
Silverstone FT04. You'll need the airflow the fans on there provide, and it also has a duct to help channel airflow to the graphics cards.
The only thing you will have to worry about is maybe half of the first set of grommets being covered by the motherboard. Seeing as this case has plenty of grommets, cable routing for wider motherboards shouldn't be a problem. Hope the build goes smoothly!
If you look on Corsair's 740 page, you will see that it officially supports motherboards up to 272mm wide, or 27.2cm, or 10.7in. The mounting screws will line up. Mainstream SSI-CEB motherboards have the same mounting screw locations as standard ATX boards. The only difference is there is more overhang due to SSI-CEB boards being slightly wider. If you're still anxious, here are some comparison...
Ugh...marketing these days. This case will support up to SSI-CEB motherboards (about 10.5in wide), which are about an inch longer wider than a standard ATX board. Real E-ATX or SSI-EEB boards are 13in wide, which will probably not fit in this case without modification. Most of the mainstream "E-ATX" boards are SSI-CEB, which is roughly 12x10.5in. You will be fine with any of those motherboards in this case.
I have a Steelseries Icemat (well, Steelseries I-2), and honestly there is quite a bit of friction. The G440 I use glides noticeably better. What I found out that reduces friction is to get come cocoa butter and rub it on the mouse feet. It reduces friction (almost friction-less), but it's temporary. So, make sure to lube up before your gaming session . Also, I've owned the G440 for about 2 and a half years now, and it hasn't worn down at all. I typically use the bottom...
As barebones as my Moto X Pure is stock, it still was lacking some power user features and had apps I didn't use. Xposed framework allows for some great modules to be installed like gravity box (down/up speeds, power shutdown menu and tons more) , battery usage on home button, youtube adaway, boot manager etc. Custom kernels can improve performance or battey life, or both. Root access makes freemium games actually free and not a pain to grind with the right apps, and lets...