Posts by airisom2

I believe it's not the TIM that causes high temperatures, but the glue holding the heatspreader to the PCB. It increases the height of the heatspreader, and therefor the distance between the heatspreader and the die The bigger distance you have, the less effective heat transfer is. People have also noticed a temperature increase over time with non-metal TIM due to a pump-out effect. The surface of the die is extremely smooth, smoother than your typical aluminum/copper...
Ivan doesn't explicitly say that the monitor supports DP 1.2a's adaptive sync, but instead explains that it has 1.2a and that one of the features of 1.2a is adaptive sync.
I read their product page and manual, and you can't select Freesync in Radeon Settings. If it supported DPAS, they would have marketed as such - a Freesync monitor. But don't take it from me if you're the type that won't be satisfied until you have cold hard facts. Contact LG. Their response should be proof enough
You'll have to contact LG for the specifics of the hardware they use in their monitors. You also have the firmware to take into consideration. While AMD's FAQ does generalize a bit, I believe they explain what needs to be explained clearly. Adaptive sync is just a feature that DP has. Freesync is able to use that feature, but in able for it to be used, certain requirements need to be fulfilled. You need a Freesync monitor, or a monitor that has DP1.2a or above and the...
SImply put, a monitor can support a displayport standard, but not be able to use all of its features due to hardware limitations. In the case of this LG, even though it uses DP1.2a, the scaler in the monitor doesn't support adaptive refresh rates, and as such, it isn't marketed as one. This is essentially a 32" tv panel with a typical monitor OSD and connectivity options. Adaptive sync and Freesync are different, but related. Adaptive sync is a VESA standard, and...
I remember playing around with that a couple years ago. It was pretty hit or miss on the videos, and when I could get it to work, I didn't think it was good as SVP. Maybe things have changed since then. Maybe if Vega is good I'll test again.
EK has discontinued the Predator series. They're going to the EK-MLC series sometime this spring which will allow you to purchase all components separately (pre-filled pump/res/rad, gpu block, cpu block, etc.). Not sure what types of rads or blocks they will be using, but we'll find out around spring time. Plus, I would NOT buy any leftover units because there is a very high chance you'll get one that will leak. EK has been through roughly 5 revisions in the past two...
So, you mean to tell me the 140 and 280 are being discontinued after a little over 3 months of being released? Hopefully there is some type of step up program for current predator owners to get the upcoming MLC series. Edit: EK is definitely heading in the right direction, though. Offering pump/rad units separately, along with pre-filled blocks will allow for much better case compatibility and allow the buyer to suit their custom wc'ing needs. A lot of people have been...
Most satellite speakers sharply roll off below lower midrange frequencies by nature. So, for instance, if a satellite speaker can deliver 90dB at 500Hz, it would deliver roughly 70dB at say 60Hz because the speakers are not designed to be able to deliver a flat frequency response below midrange frequencies. Because of such a sound level difference, music will often not sound right. This is because of various factors like power, speaker size, excursion potential of the...
Silverstone FT04. You'll need the airflow the fans on there provide, and it also has a duct to help channel airflow to the graphics cards.