Posts by airisom2

Because 2560x1600 is obviously 4K...
Open up GPU-Z, and look at the bios version on your card. You will be focusing on the second set of numbers (eg 015.042.000.000.000000).If you're wanting to flash the card with a 290X bios, take note of that number, and look at TechPs' bios collection, Find a bios that matches that number and, preferably, your card type. Flashing bioses from other vendors should work, but your fan profiles won't be catered to your card. Also, make sure that the bios in question matches...
Well, with what little experience I've had on hard pads, the Logitech G440 is the smoothest pad out of all of the pads I own. I've tried the Corsair MM400 (hard plastic), Steelseries I-2 (glass), Razer Vespula rough/smooth sides (hard plastic), and an old xtracpads ripper pad (cloth). Throw on some teflon skates and rub some cocoa butter (the kind that's in a small white can) on them, and there is practically no friction felt with my heavy G600. No comments on Optical...
Play with the exclusive mode and/or present several frames and advance settings in madVR. Some have fixed dropped frames by disabling exclusive mode.
Disable crossfire if it's enabled.
For beginners, I'd recommend a large case due to the fact that it's easier to work in, and it provides a good baseline in case they want to expand on something. Once you find out what you want in a rig, then you start researching cases that will let you fulfill that; nothing more, nothing less, but just right. I'll use myself as an example. When I first started getting into computers a couple years ago, I naturally gravitated towards large cases, and got the Fractal XL....
The least you can do is upgrade the fans to something that blows more air. Rigging Yate Loon D14SH-12 fans on my PH-TC14PE lowered temps by around 7C, and it performed basically the same as a CM Nepton 280L with said fans, which is one of the best AIO coolers out there. I'm sure you'll get very similar results with faster fans. If it's still too hot, then getting a custom loop may be required.
Well, I think I don't want the FT05 now. At the beginning of the year, I was really interested in this case, but the reviews I'm reading now aren't very favorable. I love the looks of the case, but it just seems like they sacrificed too much by making the case smaller. If they make an FT06 in the future, it better be an FT02 with no optical bays. Oh wait Then again, I believe the FT04 is the best and most innovative Fortress case Silverstone has made yet.
Here, someone already did all of the testing for you: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=722 TL;DR: ULMB is superior to Blur Reduction mode at stock (Blur Reduction mode's persistence can be customized with BB's Strobe Utility and VT tweaks to reduce crosstalk), and both are better than the lightboost hack. Then again, we're talking about two different panels here, so who knows if Blur Reduction is better than ULMB on the same panel. With that said, BenQ...
Just chipping in on my experiences with both drives. I have 4 Seagate 4TB drives right now, and I haven't had any problems with any of them so far. My first 4TB has around 7500 hours, and the other three are around 1600. None of them have any problems so far. As far as my WD Green goes, I had to get it RMA'd about a year of owning it, and the replacement drive I have right now has about 6500 hours. The refurb is going pretty strong with no problems so far. Adding up all...