Posts by airisom2

I'm in, and congrats on another year of sober goodness. This card would either become my new backup card now that my 5770 has ascended to legacy status, or it'll get thrown into an HTPC I'd build for my dad whenever he decides he wants one
I wonder if this will actually perform well. Heavy air coolers don't mean that they'll perform well. We learned that from the DeepCool Assassin II (1300g no fans - performs around D14 territory). I also find it odd that they chose 340W. Anand's little test lab has a thermal output of 340W, so I'm guessing that they've already tested it. Maybe they decided to market it that way because it could handle that load like most of the top end coolers that are out there...
Sorry to bomb Benny89's thread, but this is something that I just have to ask. How are you liking it? I'm considering moving up to one of the 55"+ korean monitors, but I'm hypnotized by the smoothness of my xl2720z. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Check out the korean monitors on fleabay. The input lag on them is comparable to most monitors out there while having dp1.2, 4:4:4, 60Hz, and none of the frills that smart TVs have. They're essentially "dumb" tvs. Ones that come to mind are the Wasabi Mango and Crossover monitors. I believe the 40" versions are VA while the others are IPS.
From Backblaze:
Wow, just wow. Backblaze is one of the worst references you can use for HDD reliability. Those Seagate drives have been used in three generations of BB's HDD rack designs, with the first two generations not having any vibration dampening that was even remotely helpful. Having a drive rack of 45 hard drives will introduce extreme amounts of vibration if not properly dampened, which they weren't for the first two generations, and some might even say the third. That's four...
Lol, every HDD/SSD news thread turns into this.
Indirect comparisons never work. I've seen a good amount of threads turn into pointless arguments because of people throwing up five benchmarks that shows one card performing a certain way, and someone else throwing up another 3 to prove that it doesn't, and that it actually performs worse. Then, they get into how one review website is biased, or they're using different drivers, or the 290X is throttling so the results aren't representative of the card's potential, or they...
I'm pretty sure the biggest differences are that TPU has drastically changed the games they used since GTX 760 as well as the card suite. That will definitely change the average relative performance of each card.760|NowAC3| AC:UBF3| BF3Bio Inf.| BF4BL2| Civ. Beyond EarthCOD:BO2| COD: AWCall of Juarez| Crysis 3Crysis| FC4Crysis 3| GTA VDiablo III| Mad MaxFC3| MGS VGrid 2| RyseHitman: Absolution| Shadow of MordorMetro:LL| Witcher 3Sleeping Dogs| WoW: WoDSC2|TESVTomb...
What happened? I cannot edit an older post, but can edit more recent posts. Are you able to reproduce this problem consistently? Yes What steps did you take to reproduce this problem? Sign in, go to the post I want to edit, click invisible pencil. What action did you expect to occur when this bug appeared? To be able to click the edit button. Any additional information that will help us diagnose the issue: Browser, active browser addons, and operating...