Posts by airisom2

And after you reinstall it in the inevitable future, make an image of the drive. It'll cut down on reinstall time considerably (I use Clonezilla). I typically make two images. One with just updates and drivers installed, and the other with my libraries and software. The latter gets updated once a month. I've had some times when testing overclock stability corrupted the OS, and instead of going through the reinstall process (which takes hours when trying to put everything...
SourceThis should be good news for some folks wanting the smaller one.
1. 2x 290X2.57703.N/A4.N/A5.N/AQuite the upgrade Had the 5770 for around 4 years before upgrading. [[SPOILER]]
I found out something very interesting while cross-referencing this review. Guru3D copies and pastes framerate results from older reviews to newer ones. 980Ti Poseidon NV: 355.69 AMD: 15.7 980TI SJS NV: 353.38 AMD: 15.6 960 G1 NV: 347.88 AMD: 15.3 So, even with three different driver revisions, the results are exactly the same for the applicable cards. I guess for now on, I'll look at their reviews on a per-card basis (i.e. thermal images, noise, etc.), and ignore...
I'd stick with the 1080 mainly because of maintenance and general ease of use. It will be a whole lot easier and faster to deal with an external rad vs. internal loop. Your case will be lighter and easier to clean, you won't have to worry about other rads inside the case being cooled by heated air (which lowers performance), it will be safer to move around because you can completely disconnect a major component of the loop from the rig (less things that can go wrong), your...
Well, before we got this news, AMD had exclusive use for HBM, period. With Samsung coming in, it looks like AMD will only have exclusive use for Hynix HBM which gives way for NV to have some HBM love without waiting. Because of that, I feel that the timing that NV has for their upcoming cards is really good.As far as pricing goes, to each their own. I believe NV's pricing is very competitive, and I consider most variants of the 980Ti to be at a very good price considering...
Why is NV's timing so good? GP100 is going to be a monster.
Well, looking at the features of StableBit, they seem to have included an adjustable temp limit, and upon hitting that limit it'll throw out a message. I don't know what the default is, but even then I'd also be a bit uneasy at 45C temps as 40C is my comfortable max. One thing you can try is to crack open the side panel to allow heated air to escape the case more efficiently. I guess that's kinda counteracts the design of the case, though.So...about the fans. When I had...
Those temps are fine. The drives you have are made to perform at 60C (140F). Granted, you don't want to get that high, but 38-ish degrees is fine. The drives I have in my external enclosure have been around that temperature for years, and I haven't had any problems out of any of them.
I put my RAM at 1866 thinking that was the reason our multi scores were different, and my scores were still the same.Weird Edit: I disabled a core, and my multi score dropped to 6778, so that wasn't it either.