Posts by airisom2

I think it's pretty close to never
SourceDeal starts and ends 1/24/2015It works!
Well, as an AMD user, I'm not the best person to answer your question, but FFDShow Raw Video has a Picture Properties section to adjust color as well as madVR which has a color and gamma section under devices.
1.8 is up for MPC-BE's new 1.4.3 stable version. It's about time they organized the options more logically, not that I'm complaining or anything I added some more info in various sections, so check the changelog for those respective changes.
Well, today's your lucky day. I don't have to take my time since I've already posted it in the past Edit: the only things that have changed since then is that I got my shutdown time to 4 seconds now and I'm imaging my drive instead of doing a full blown reload.
Tried it, didn't sway me. I've used basically every shell replacement under the sun, every tip and trick in your typical "make your windows 8 like 7" article and while they work, it's the underlying things in 8 that piss me off, not the explorer shell. And for how I use my computer, those little things add up. At the end of the day, I just reflect on my experiences and find that 7 offers everything that I want in an OS without the mountain of nitpicks that 8 has for me....
Well, I guess W7 is starting to show its wrinkles now. Nothing new here, since we've had similar things like this occur in the past. To branch out a bit, I really hope that 10 will be a worthy upgrade for us 7 guys. I've tried to get used to 8/8.1 about a dozen times now, and I just can't do it. I could take my time making a long post criticizing it summarizing my experiences, but my conclusion isn't going to change, and I believe that applies to others like me. 8 just...
Well, I installed Shark007, and man, this software is super cluttered (well the Standard codes are a bit easier on the eyes). The big thing that turns me off about S007 is that it's made for Windows Media Player, and it installs stuff you don't need (mainly x64 codecs). But anyway, it installs all of the filters to Program Files (x86), Shark007, filters. So, you can basically add the filters you need manually from MPC-HC/BE's external Filters page, which, in the end, is...
Try using a bios with the same version number as your default 290 bios (ie. 015.044.xxx.xxx.xxxxxx).
Well, it can't be too good to be true if it works, right? Try it out yourself. The only FFDShow component that SVP needs is the raw video filter, which in and of itself is NOT a decoder. It's basically being used to send the raw video frames to SVP to be interpolated. I guess it'd go something like this:Media Player (MPC-BE)-> Video Renderer (madVR)/Audio Renderer (ReClock, or your output device)-> Audio/Video Decoder (LAV/FFDShow Audio/Video Decoders)-> Postprocessing...