Posts by airisom2

Nano crystal is Samsung's way of saying quantum dot. Both technologies have one goal: a cost effective way of getting a wider color gamut. Unfortunately, not a lot of mainstream media benefits from a wide color gamut (over saturated colors). Professional color work and the few movies and videos that support 10bit or higher color depths will benefit from qd technology. As it stands now, quantum dot/nano crystal acts as a filter between the backlight and LCD panel. The tvs...
I wouldn't worry too much about HDR. It's an emerging technology, and very few media supports it so far, much like what 4k is now but within an even smaller niche. 4k support is growing pretty well, however. You cannot have an HDR screen and expect everything to benefit from the increased dynamic range. Its like playing an 8bit video on a 10bit screen. You will have 8bit colors and gradients although you are on a 10bit screen. HDR media has an extra bit that is dedicated...
Hmm, it always seems that when you have multiple aio graphics cards, you have to sacrifice something, be it case selection, GPU or CPU temps, noise, etc. I guess I'll have to find another case that can keep 2 aio/hybrid cards cool without sacrificing the other components' temps (and also supports an ek predator 360). Thanks for your insight! Going with an external 1080 is sounding better and better the more research I do
Any reason why you don't have the graphics card rads on the bottom of the case? Looks like when gaming, you're dumping that heat in your case, and most of that heat is used to cool off your board components (vrms, pch) and your CPU. When I had cfx devil 390xs in my case, my CPU and motherboard temps shot up a fair bit when I had the cards in that configuration. Having the rads on the bottom with 3 front fans bringing in fresh air should give you more balanced temps. Nice...
This case supports an AC Monsta in push or pull up top (I think those are 86mm), so it will be able to fit an EK Predator in push/pull with room to spare. You could also install a set of 38mm fans on the predator in push or pull with room to spare, but you won't be able to mount them on top of the frame unless you remove the top grill. You might be able to gut it to allow for the space needed for 38mm fans. Not sure. You won't, however, be able to fit it in the front...
I was also researching that monitor before I got this one, and good thing I did. Here's a post I found here.I did some crude testing, and this monitor (uhd550) has around 33ms input lag (around 2 frames). Basically, I did a reaction time test, and I consistently was ~30ms slower on this panel vs my xl2720z (tftcentral rates at 3.2ms total lag). Yeah, lots of variables at play, but I was pretty consistent, and I did 30 passes on each monitor to reduce margin of error as...
You're right about that one. Considering that 4k 60Hz is already a bit hard on 4 core processors and manageable with an overclocked 6 core with decent settings, playing 4k videos on a 4k 120Hz monitor with SVP will be quite a feat in the near future. Those frame drops you saw on my debug screen were a cumulation of the initial frame drops you get when first playing the video, seeking through the video, and clicking in and out of full screen, as I was constantly rewinding...
Thanks for the 4K experiments rainking! Seeing that 4K content actually works motivated me to start working on a 4k profile. Here's what I got so far: SVP: madVR: Uncheck present several frames in advance in windowed and exclusive mode sections. Uncheck exclusive mode in general settings. Leave everything else on default, making sure deinterlacing is unchecked. Here's my usage with a 4.4GHz 4930k and 980Ti:
Accessorieswhole walked me through the steps for getting a refund. Pretty much all you have to do is send some pictures of the damaged screen to their company's email, which accessorieswhole will email you. Then, they start the UPS damage claim process. UPS will call you to schedule a pickup for the monitor, and accessorieswhole will ship out the replacement. There's no telling how long, though. I think I had to wait around a week or so to get my refund (didn't choose to...
@BradleyW That doesn't sound right to me. You're right that motion clarity is a result of how fast pixels can change from one color to another, but it is largely dependent on the pixel response time on whether or not a 144hz capable monitor will perform better than a 60hz monitor. If a 60 and 144hz monitor have the exact same pixel response time throughout the 0-255 color spectrum up to 60hz, then both will have the same blur characteristics, given equal frame times and...