Posts by doyll

Noctua knows what they are doing. Third fan serves no purpose and only increases noise, and Noctua don't what their cooler being louder.I support them in not giving out more fan clips for third fan. If I want a third fan on my NH-D15 I'll figure out another way. After all, Noctua has every right to say no and we have no right to expect them not to.
Found it. Don't know if you can use 140mm fans or not but here the deal. 4x PH-140SP fans and 1 PWM controlled fan hub for $59..99 or 8x PH-F140SP and hub for $109.99. Normally the fans are $14.99 each and hub is hub is $14.99 too.. so a pretty good deal. Or just get a hub to run the Deltas. http://www.phanteksusa.com/products/pwm-ph-f140sp-fan-bundle
Delta does PWM server fans. Don't know which models you would need, but if you need any info on setting up the PWM control system I do know a bit about doing it. Also, Phanteks sells a PWM controlled, PSU powered 3pin, 6 header fan hub with a 30w load limit. There is a sale going for their 140mm PH-F140HP fans and hub packages. 4x fans and hub for $60, or 8x fans and hub for $110.. saw it earlier today or late yesterday, but can't find it now.
Here is a graph of my system from idle / surfing the web to 90-100% load and back. System reaches maximum them withing a couple minutes and doesn't go up any farther. Each vertical grid line represents 1 minute. Top graph gold and blue lines are CPU temp. The steady line that drops a couple of degrees as fans speed up is NB chip. Bottom graph purple line is cooler and case fan speed, green is GPU fans. You can see the cooler / cae fans jump in speed, than gradually...
You might find the 1st link in sig helpful. Maybe 2nd one as well. High powered PWM fans can be controlled with PWM signal from most motherboard CPU fan headers .. meaning we can keep the fan speed down unless heat demands more airflow.
You said above "81C max with the fan not even running at 2000RPM". I took that to mean they are not maxing out at 81c. I would rather see them at max speed at 70-75c. When you are stress testing, if the CPU temp keeps rising after about 5 minutes at full load I would suspect not all of the heated cooler exhaust is leaving the case .. but is mixing with case air and raising the cooler intake air temp. Here is a graph of my system from idle / surfing the web to 90-100%...
The fans cannot push enough pressure to overcome the lack of exhaust area.Possible, but not proven.Haven't used Cougars but don't think too much of them either. As long as they work for you is what's important.In a Define R4 with 3x TY-147 intakes, Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme and 2x Arctic FN12 TC fans on GPU at full load / speed the GPU fans were drawing air in the PCI slots. Not much mind, but in was a slight inflow, not out. Cooler intakes are less than 3c above room...
I'm of the opinion that the Phanteks PH-F200SP is not yet available as an accessory. At least I haven't been able to find any. I expect it to be a very good fan, but that is based on how good other Phanteks fans are.
Good news! I would manually adjust the heat : rpm curve to 70c is100% rpm .. and if you can check the cooler intake air temp from idle to full load / fan speed to be sure the intake air is not heating up.
The Cryorig mount is so nice to to use. The only tool needed is screwdriver to tighten the heatsink's spring loaded crossbar screws into base. My R1 and H5 engineering sample on first install required compressing the spring a little to get threads to engage .. which is normal for spring loaded screws. I do a "practice" install of both cooler and fans, especially on ones I am not familiar with. Makes sure everything is as it should be and makes the final install go...