Posts by doyll

As far as I know all Cryorig fans use standard 120mm fan mounting points. Only problem might be thickness of fan. You will need to use the fan clips for the 25.4mm fan as the 13mm ones will not work on 25mm thick fans. Have you tried adjusting the fan curve? On another note, Cryorig just released the H5 Ultimate. Appears to be same cooler as H5 Universal with black shrouds and XF140 fan.
On the PCPartPicker list as compatible they show PH-TC14PE, R1 Ultimate, NH-D14, NH-D15, Silver Arrow IB-E, etc. Cryorig has gone to the added consideration of customers with the download of their "Cryorig Origami Comparability Tester" .. a printable origami pattern for the purpose of checking motherboard clearances of their coolers. Maybe try it and see it fits. http://www.cryorig.com/images/tester/r1-ultimate/r1-ultimate_socket_115x.pdf Also, I have several of the top...
Like I said before, H5 is 3-7c better than H7.
You can't get performance with some effort. CLCs are made for the consumer who does not realize how inferior they are to real H2O loops .. mostly 'water cooing wannabees to boost their ego rather than system performance. Kinda like guys putting loud exhausts on their scooters.
Enthoo Pro or Luxe. Basically the same cases, just different top and front pieces are very good. Some owners don't like the 200mm fan, but I think it's more to do with the mounting panel with 120mm & 140mm fan mounts protruding into 200mm's airflow than the fan itself. If I was to get one of these cases (and I would love to have one) I would probably cut the fan hole round. The cut out piece with added mounts could be re-installed if I ever wanted to change the 200mm...
@Dave6531 You got me wondering just how much difference in size there actually is between the H5 and H7, so I did some measuring and drawing.
ruffhi Nicely done! Supplying all the cool intake air needed to components without it being contaminated by heated exhaust is what airflow is all about. Using shrouds / ducts is a very good way of accomplishing the goal. .
Wife is using my old Define R2 modified for 2x 140mm front intakes. It only has 3 fans, 2x front and 1x bottom intakes. One front is speed controlled by CPU PWM signal and other 2x are controlled by GPU PWM signal. I cut out the back and bottom vent grills to improve airflow and lower noise levels. Running a 920@4.0GHz under a Thermalright Macho and an Asus GTX580DCUII it never gets above 65c @ 1200rpm CPU & case fan. GPU gets up to 75c @ 1950rpm & it's case fans max...
Well, the 540 is not designed to be a quiet case .. and the XFX Radeon R9 290X DD is something like 275w TDP .. lots of heat when working. But as hot as it's running I'm guessing you are not supplying it's intakes with cool air. Link below to "Ways to Better Cooling" might be of interest. As for a new case, the Fractal Design Define series are quite nice .. and with a little effort keep things cool and quiet. .. and can be had for about $80.00. Get one without a...
I'm not sure what this 'rattle' you are talking about is. Is the window loose in it's frame. Are you sure it's the window and not fan vibration that is the culprit?. Phanteks USA has a good rep for customer support, but you have to work with them. Your closing paragraph doesn't sound like you are being very cooperative. What has been an ongoing issue is the plastic expanding / contracting with temperature changes at a different rate than the metal case causing it to...