Posts by doyll

You can make up all the excuses you want.It does not take 'ideal conditions.'It does not take '20 different an orientations to catch good temps.'If you prefer CLC that's fine. Just don't give us a bunch of unreasonable excuses for why you do it.
So pay more for a CLC than a good air cooler, then spend more money to get better fans that will still be louder cooling the same wattage than a good air cooler will .Air hydo-science, but not a boat . Sorry, but it's not getting better temps than D15 did. Your system is getting better temps with CLC than with D15. This is because your is not setup properly for air cooling. No idea exactly why, but when running the D15 I'll bet diamonds to donuts that the D15 intake...
I have and use both. Many of my Thermalright coolers are the thick base.While the look nicer, performance is the same. I do like using it because of the thumb nuts and attached crossbar thumb screws, but the little Phillips screws work just fine with a magnetic screwdriver too. I suppose there may be a little difference if the pressure center is screwed super tight, but then there is also the chance of damaging the CPU and/or CPU socket with too much pressure.Hopefully ...
Thanks for pointing that out. I only check up on SSD when I need to get one and want a different model than already in a system. Crucial have always been good but it does seem the BX200 is not up to their usual standards.http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crucial-bx200-ssd,4351-6.htmlEverybody I know who has upgraded to SSD for os, software and most often assessed files has nothing but praise for how much faster then can load and do things now compared to before. Add...
Try running a CLC on the same airflow of a similar coolng air cooler and you will find out real quick how hot a CLC runs .. just don't wander away from or you might miss it when it overheats and shutsdown. Versatility is not just clearing RAM and many cases will not fit a CLC properly. CLC are cheaply built throw-away systems that only the fan can be changed on .. while an air cooler has only a fan that can fail .. no pump, no hoses, no cheap aluminum radiator with water...
No problem! Please keep us posted how it goes and turns out.
Heating up your room is too bad, but not much we can do about it unless you drop your performance demands. High performance is high wattage and wats are heat. I'm no gamer so video cards I can't help. Agree wiht Pontiack on SSD, but any half decent SSD will do the job just fine. It should make a night and day difference in software load time. R09 390 is 275w TDP. Big heat maker when working hard! At idle it uses about 70w, so not too bad. x5670 is 95w TDP compared...
Front: 2x PH-F140SP intakeBottom: 1x M12-3 intakeBack: 1x M12-3 exhaustTop, back most: 1x M12-3 exhaust.Remove all unused PCIe back slot covers.Any more top exhaust usually increased the draw of warm air from GPU up and into the airlfow going to CPU cooler.
But don't you think two PH-F140SP are still preferable to two of them?I have not used them, so don't know how good (or bad) they are.
@PSILVA You might be able to use them somewhere in the case, depending on what you are putting in it.