Posts by doyll

I have tested mine with and without top and front panels. To venting p is restrictive, but the bigger problem is not closing unused holes in radiator tray. Front is no more restrictive than other cases.
I assume they are model number D1225C12B6AP-45?They are very good fans.
It's not 'closing the top' It is dividing the top compartment from motherboard compartment to stop air moving through the fan/fans on radiator so the air in top compartment is forced out case vents instead of circling back through the open holes radiator / fan tray to where it came from.With radiator is blocking the unused openings in tray keeps heated air from circling through them and back into radiator.With case fans blocking the opening in tray makes fan pull air in...
Moving the GPU up may help. Did you remove uned PCIe s;pt cpvers. Could you post a picture of the stock case fans? Originally they came with Ph-F140SP, but new cases have what looks like the PH-F140MP but has 3-wire variable voltage motor.What do temps do if front cover is removed?What do temps do it top is removed?
The Evolv is not a 'normal' case. The radiator/fan tray in the top a one size fits all applications and is full of holes .. all of which combine to allow airflow from any fans or radiator used allow airflow to move through them much easier then the case top vents. This caused the air to circle back into or back out of motherboard compartment rather than flow on through or out of the case.Convection is a myth that is not true in any application involving fans like we...
Availability is still Thermalright's biggest problem.I picked up a Zawark Vapor 120 for 20 quid years back and found it an amazingly good and quiet little cooler .. not that a 120mm is really little, .. but it is compared to my normal 140mm fanned single and twin tower coolers I normally use.
73c peak are not bad at all. I assume in Handbrake the 63 peak means most of encodeing is at about 60c?Sounds like it might be TIM seating in better. The heating / cooling cycles help spread and thin the time so there is less between the surfaces The thinner the TIM / more metal to metal contact the better the heat transfer.My i7 6700K started out running hotter than I expected, but over a 4-6week period it came down about 5c. The so called 'experts' all said ti was...
it would really help if you got a low cost indoor / outdoor digital thermometer with wired remote and set it up like in this post. 5th post in that thread is basics to settin up case airflow and how to optimize it.Some users have removed the PSU cover and that helped GPU temps a couple of degrees. With GPU so close the PSU cover is likely restricting airflow t GPU too. Try removing all unused PCIe slot covers to let more air out. I can't remember who did it, but I...
That's the reason I asked "Total numbers of coolers sold versus number returned and/or RMA'ed" .. so we could see the sales and return/RMA/exchanged data based on sales.
Well, I guess we need to take turns being the more courteous and considerate one. If we both point out the truth to accurately they will feel we are ganging up on them ..