Posts by doyll

All you need to do is lower the low rpm speed setting to a speed lower than your fans are running.
What Ciarlatano said. I use Gigabyte fan software on all of my Gigabyte mobos and have zero complaints. I also have an Aquaero 5 fan controller .. without a doubt the best fan controller there is and use it on my fan test station because it allows me to set PWM duty cycle from 0% to 100% with. mobo fan controller is 10%@10c t 100%@100c.
Mine is 2 people solving problems by doing what one wants. Just don't tell my wife I said that.
Most thermal paste seats rather quickly .. a few warm up and cool down cycles gets it close. Maybe after several days it will get 1-2c better .. with isn't enough to talk about. While I do use Prime95, I usually use Handbrake set to "high" priority in options, advanced. This will run all cores / threads at or very near 100%.
Yeah, screws are small. Definitely use a magnetic tipped screwdriver.Wow!Lucky man! My Mirs. says she forgives, but remembers everything .. reminding me whenever possible of my errors.
All fans receive same voltage, but that does not mean they will all run the same speed. If fans max speed is 1000rpm and 1800rpm at 12v, then lower voltages willgive similar ratio speeds. If CPU cooler fans are PWM, I would use a PWM splitter (not a Phanteks PWM controlledd fan hub) to spit the PWM signal to the cooler fans and to the Phanteks PWM controlled fan hub. Something like a Gelid PWM splitter. If you want to monitor more fans rpms, a rpm lead from fan plug...
As MC said, top and back out with front and bottom in. Raise case on blocks so bottom fans airflow area is matched by airflow area to them. "Ways to Better Cooling" thread linked in sig below has several posts about case airflow and cooling as well as some specific the Define cases. Searching this forum for Define threads brings up all kinds of good cooling and airflow info....
On my systems the plate & bracket make contact. When tightening just don't put too much power into it. Obviously we don't want to break the screw. And be sure to tighten both equally. I usually turn each about one revolution at a time alternating from side to side.
The mounting plate screws pull the mounting plate tight against the anchoring mount .. Part numbers 2 & 4 in the manual.Make sure you install the fan clips before installing the cooler, and I highly suggest doing a "practice) install without TIM to be sure everything is as you want it. It only takes a couple minutes and usually makes install much easier. I can't remember if manual says to install the fan clips before installing cooler.Use a grain of cooked rice size dob...
Yeah, I noticed. I've also notices a significant difference in both noise and cooling by removing back vent griii (& bottom vent grills) .. because doing so lowers resistance and turbulence. Also true of increasing bottom clearance from the 11-15mm of stock feet to 35-45mm. 2x 140mm fans (PSU and intake vent) have an airflow area of about 280sq cm. 13mm stock bottom clearance is only 112sq cm of airflow area. Significantly less than half of what the vents / fans...