Posts by doyll

Your questions will be better answered by someone who is current on water cooling components like @ciarlatano. I have been using air for several years. My knowledge is limited to AIOs (not CLCs) like Swiftech sell. While they are way better than CLCs, they are still not as good as more expensive components.
Exactly! What works and what is ideal are often not close to being the same.2x 140mm fans on a 280 radiator will flow about the same as 3x 120mm fans on a 360 radiator. 3x 120mm fans have a flow area approx. 300sq cm and 2x 140mm fans have an area approx 280sq cm. This is assuming both have similar static pressure to cfm ratio and are simiilar design. A 280x140mm radiator (392sq cm)is similar size to a 360x120mm radiator (432q cm).Someone like @ciarlatano is better...
Sorry, but I think it's more your not understanding how big the cooler base needs to be to transfer the heat verses the area the often are.The heat from CPUI transits almost completely straight through the IHS .. with only a few mm of radial movement The IHS size is more to give cooler base and area to set on. The name "Integrated Heat Spreader" is not really not accurate. Sure, it does spread a litle heat,but the IHS overall size is more to create a flat area to keep...
Sorry, I fat-fingered that one. 160mm
160mm with fan same height as heatpipes.
I thought the Define XL had 2x front 140mm fans and 4x 5.25 bays near top. That would be 1x front intake into bottom sections and 1x front intake into motherboard section, so I'm confused.
I suggest you gain a better understanding of airflow through your case before you proceed.You need 3x vent areas i if you have 3x vent areas out .. or 3x vent areas out if you have 3x vent areas in. 1x in and 5x out is only 1x of airflow through the case.If you open all the windows on the side of your house the wind is blowing from, and no window on other side to let air out, you will not have any air is going to flow through the house. It all about understanding...
If you have a 450cfm intake fan potential and 150cfm exhaust fan potential, once the intake races the 150cfm flow rate of exhaust potential the case pressure point on the PQ curve of intake fans stop any additional potential intake flow. This is the What comes in must go out /. what goes out must come in. Sure the fans keep spinning, but they do not move the airlfow they have the potential to. They can only move as much additional air into the case as is leaving the...
Cryorig H5 are $46 on AmazonScythe Fuma $56 on AmazonI'm not one to get in a rush, and the above are just quick grabs from google.
The problem with fixed speed is the speed needed to supply your GTX 680's demand is going to be loud .. meaning loud case fans all the time. Are HDD cages removed?I can't remember, is there a vent / opening in the divider panel between bottom and motherboard area so airflow from bottom front fan can flow up below the GPU?I can't remember, is there a bottom vent in XL?You might find "Ways to Better Cooling" link in my sig of interest. The 1st post is index, click on topics...