Posts by doyll

Thermalright really need to do some aggressive dealership development if they want to stay in the business.
I agree. Or maybe it's iconic. As is a outstanding example of advertising hype. It's not just Corsair doing this kind of advertising. Many others do as well. When Tang was invented (1957) and first marketed (1959), sales were poor .. until NASA used it on John Glenn's Mercury flight (1962) and subsequent Gemini missions. After that advertising so closely associated it with the U.S. manned spaceflight program, the misconception that Tang was invented for the space...
Theralright is finally selling square versions of their popular TY series fans! Technical Spec : TY-147A Sq Fan Dimension : L140 mm x H140 mm x W25 mm Fan Weight : 190g Fan Speed : 300 - 1300 RPM (PWM) Sound Level : 16 - 22 dBA Airflow : 14.42 - 62.5 CFM Technical Spec : TY-143 Sq Fan Dimension : L140 mm x H140 mm x W25 mm Fan Weight : 190g Fan Speed : 600 - 2500 RPM (PWM) Sound Level : 22 - 48 dBA Airflow : 29.54 - 123.05 CFM Technical Spec : TY-141 Sq Fan...
Similar. Biggest difference is 4x vs 8x threads, but most software and games don't use them anyway.
Indeed, DDR3 for X58 is like hens' teeth.
Price does not reflect quality or better performance. Price only reflects what people will pay for a product.It's simple free enterprise / capitalistic business based on supply and demand.The price is based on the highest price the buyer is willing to pay. Haven't you ever seen products selling for more than suggested retail price? I have, like new cars that had very limited supply with very high demand .. or tickets to a concert being re-sold for more than original...
Very nicely done@chrisjim05!
Like Smanci said, use the rubber / silicone mounting thingies. To isolate fan vibration for case requires a vibration mount with vibration dampening on all sides of mounting. The screw makes contact with case around it's diameter and on outside. The only side 'dampened' is between fan and case. This means vibration is transmitted through screw to sides of case hole and case to head of screw .. making the rubber mount on fan worthless.And old way of vibration dampening...
I hate video reviews and tutorials in general. But I did watch his build log as well. He did a remarkable job of making a very quiet system in a very stylish custom case with only basic hand tools.
Sorry, but "pcpartpicker or any websites" is rather ambiguous. PCPartPicker has sites in 10 different countries .. from UK & Spain to India, New Zealand, USA and Canada. What is available in one country is often not available in another. As ciarlatano suggested, Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 and Cryorig H5 are very good. The TRUE Spirit is a little better. It is only a couple degrees better. I think the TY-147A fan is just a much better fan. It moves lots of air very...