Posts by doyll

Indeed.Starting with front of R1 Universal being 4.5mm closer to CPU.But they are both 141.5mm wide with fan clips .. so 71mm from center CPU to PCIe socket is needed.And the back of cooler will not clear tall RAM
Never had a chance to try th Gelid Black Edition but always wanted to. There are also some very good single tower coolers. Are you talking about your sig rig?[quote name="kckyle" url="/t/1461923/cryorig-fan-cooler-club-r1-ult-r1-uni-c1-h5-xf140-xt140/1420_20#post_23960585"]i know it won't blow pcie slot no matter what mobo platform since the r1 universal's width is far as the ram's bottom secure clipping goes. and i don't know any motherboard that has it's pcie slot pass...
At a guess it is 140mm wide. The fans are 140 and it\s looks the same
Interesting idea. I do have to wonder how this modified housing affects the performance of the fan. The venturi / velocity stack radius into and out of fan housing has a significant effect on airflow.
Z1 Universal looks like it might be the bee's knees.
You might be able to return the NH-L9i and get a bigger better cooler if you ask real nice. Node 804 has 160mm CPU clearance so there are many great coolers that will fit, Maximus VII Gene center CPU toward PCIe socket is 71mm & toward RAM is 51.5mm .. but you will have problems fitting a fan over your 55mm tall RAM. With 168mm from motherboard to case and RAM 56.5mm tall above motherboard you only have 111.5mm between RAM and case. I you had RAM less than 25mm a 140mm...
I would contact the seller and nicely beg to be allowed to return the Archer in exchange for the GammaXX. They may be nice and let you do it.
With all the great coolers available out there it is really more of what cooler looks best in your system. There are so many coolers within 5dBA and 3c of each other it's like saying which horse is the fastest.Be very skeptical of reviews when comparing coolers. It is amazing how much difference the show the top cooler performances. It is very common to see temperatures varying 5-15c between different reviewers on same basic systems .. with one showing D15 10c better...
Sorry, got side-tracked when I saw how much component airflow was needed and how little the case is flowing. The NH-D15S should fit. If it does, so would Silver Arrow IB-E, PH-TC14PE, R1 Ultimate, R1 Universal, HE01 .. all with arguably the same performance as NH-D15. Only a couple degrees higher are Dark Rock Pro 3, GamerStorm Assassin 2, TRUE Spirit 140 rev.A, NH-U14S and many more.The NH-D15 & NH-D15S are not better coolers, but their NF-A15 1500rpm fans move more...
Thanks, I know they are out there .. just not as handy as others. Most everything I do is 140mm now so not a problem.