Posts by doyll

I've been following Ciarlatano's testng and review. He does good work. Decided to use his results to show how even the best AIO and CLC perform against top tier air coolers. Edit: I'm pretty sure the only coolers not a factory sealed CLC that has a fill plug or can have components changed is the Swiftech H220 & H220-X.
You an me both mate.
I'm assuming most of the airflow is toward back, but there are fins and open area on blower toward front so some airflow that way. I doubt it it gets very warm.
To all;We must be very careful what we post now that Ciariatano is here. I think he may hate CLCs more than anyone..
Fan headers are rated in how much power they support, not number of fans. Most are 1 amp or more at 12 volts .. which is 12 watts total load limit. As long as you do not exceed that with the total wattage of all fans going to header you have no problem. I always lower that by 10% just to be extra safe. so 10.8w total. That is 7x 1.5w fans, or 5x 2w fans, or 3x 3w & 1x 1.5w fans, 2x 2w & 1x 6w fans, etc. or less on each fan header.
Removed for painting or just painted? I've had good luck painting housings without removing fan. Carefully mask the fan and spray the housing. Hardest part is the face of motor mounting strips behind fan blades. This is where a felt marker the same color comes in handy. Used black felt maker to do housings on a couple of TY-140 fans. Had to look real close to see the were not originally black.
Three possibilities come to mind:1. Dust / lint is restricting airflow thorugh radiator .. common problem. When was the last time you cleaned it?2. TIM has dried out and isn't doing it's job .. often new TIM solves the problem.3. Pump is wearing out and not moving coolant like it should .. common problem as these CLCs age.
Air goes out both ends. http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-Titan-Cooler.jpg
Looking good! Your Pentium G3258 is only 53w TDP. 212 was plenty of cooler for the heat it makes. 14PE could cool it without fans. I'm cooling a i7 920 @ 3.8GHz and at full load fans run 1100rpm @ 60-65c. Sorry, I missed your previous post. Simplest for fan clips is tape or heat shrink to insulate the protruding part. I don't think fans can be taken apart.
NH-D14 is bigger but nott as much as it looks. Size of radiator and fans mounted against case look smaller than a cube on CPU.Radiator and 2x fan are about half the size of cube from motherboard to top of NH-D14. Add the area hoses and pump block take up to the radiator and they are similar .. add a 2nd set of fans on radiator and they the same.But the biggest difference is how quiet the NH-D14 is.