Posts by doyll

Thanks for letting us know. Do let us know how it performs when you get it.
I find it very hard to compare coolers within 2-3c of each other. Even under the best of testing conditions a margin of error of +/-1c is very hard to hold. A +/-1.5c margin of error is more realistic. **goes on rant** Add to that the fact that reviewers do not monitor the most critical temperature in cooler testing .. the actual temperature of air going into cooler. But they will use "reference fan" for actual cooler comparisons. Testing coolers without...
If they "clipped" they would stay. Do this:ehume did a tutorial about it for mounting on NH-D14http://www.overclock.net/t/944527/adapting-gentle-typhoons-and-other-fans-for-the-d14-56k-warning/0_20
Work great for PWM fans .. well, most PWM fans. There are a few that don't like having the PWM signal split between more than a couple fans.The PWM lead from motherboard is only a signal going to the PWM fan's PWM PCB. This PCB translates the signal into 12v power pulses to fan motor. These 12v pulse are what control the fan's RPM. The amount of time the pulses are on versus off determine the fan's RPM. If PWM fan has no PWM signal on pin-4, the fan will run on...
The included fan clips clip on inside of of fan. GTs have a brace between the two sides of fan so the hole is not available for fan clips to go into.
As Bob said, TRUE Spirit 140 Power performance will be very similar with either fan setup. Lenny's tests with TY-143 at 1200rpm are similar to running stock TY-147 fan.
GPU airlfow is the other way. GPU draws air in through it's fans, through cooler, against PCB and out in case. This means using the bottom as intake to supply air to the GPU. Not all case vents need to have fans in them. So bottom and front intake with everything else exhaust. Remove unused PCIe slot socket covers to allow airflow past GPU and out the back. I'm kinda busy right now. The key is to try different combinations and see what works best.
You might find the case cooling and PWM links in my sig helpful.
Luke gives great advice too.
Thanks Treeman.