Posts by silvrr

Stronger than bud and Miller light maybe but not American craft beer. Although breweries here are starting to make more session beers as things were getting out of hand for a bit.
Not sure what tumbleweed is. My usual path is....Download ISO -> win32 diskimager -> Micro SD / USB card -> Plug into Pi / Computer -> Power up -> Volumio / Rune boots starts automatically.From there point it to your NAS or an attached thumb drive with music files add to Queue and click play.Volumio / Rune is a standalone player its the Operating system and player rolled into one. It is accessed from a browser or if installed on say an old laptop you can use the monitor...
Ive been using a few of the standalone linux distros for awhile. I made a write up on using a raspberry Pi as a player here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/795895/a-70-bit-perfect-audio-player The x86 version of Volumio works great on an old laptop or other x86 computer. It loads into the RAM on boot so you don't even need a hard drive. I had 1 USB drive to boot off of and another with my music stored on it. https://volumio.org/ These are pretty easy to get going and...
The Jothunheim will now power passive speakers, it does not have speaker taps and Schiit says its not recommended to try and power passive speakers.So we are clear, passive speakers require an amplifierPowered speakers (like your monoprice studio monitors) have an internal amp and only require a line level connection (typically RCA, 1/4 TRS, ect.)You could run your powered monitors directly off a Mimby but you would have no volume control except the control in windows or...
Are games supporting Atmos? Last I read even the movie industry wasn't really supporting the standard with very many movies, might have changed by now. May be worthwhile to put money into a standard surround system and put that money towards better speakers and not paying for Atmos licensing.
Not sure of the cause an effect here but when I made my change from ZDAC -> LYR -> ZMF Master Headphones to Mojo -> Ether my listening level went way down. I thinks its a dangerous cycle, you listen loud and get used to that volume so when you want Loud again you turn it up and get used to it, and round and round you go. The Lyr put Watts not mili Watts into the ZMFs and I used to use a large part of that, I can't imagine listening that loud again.
I think so, but do your own research, read reviews, take your time with it. To me the biggest differences I hear are from transducer changes. Amps and especially DACs don't vary that much IMO.Depends on the DAC you have now. However, my sentiment about transducers having the biggest impact remains.It was fine for my Ethers. However, I fee like it may have run out of steam on my old ZMFs, cant say for sure though. I know Zach from ZMF likes the Element and uses it but...
You don't really need a touchscreen with RuneAudio. You can change everything via a web browser. Ive been using volumio lately, has a few neat features RuneAudio doesn't.
I had a chance to review the JDS labs element and compare it to my Mojo. Long story short I may sell my Mojo, pocket a few hundred bucks and order an Element. They are that close. Detailed review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/jds-labs-the-element/reviews/16829 And since everyone loves some pictures.... JDS Labs - The Element by Adam Mrugacz, on Flickr
Other than the Asgard issue that was fixed by schiit what amps have blown up headphones? I'm not sure if the Asgard ever really blew a headphone either, some nasty driver flex yes, but not damaged.