Posts by silvrr

What speed are your cards? Can't go faster than what they are capable of.What are your current speeds?What connections do you have available? USB2, USB3, FireWire, ect. ?
You are correct on stain, its a liquid applied to color the wood.Veneer is a very thin slice (think paper thin) of a wood that is glued to the surface of whatever you are making. Generally veneers are used to cover the end grain of a plywood which already has the face veneered. This continues the veneer to all sides and hides the underlying plywood. Or to cover the surface of the work piece with a more beautiful/exotic lumber which would be otherwise cost prohibitive. ...
My opinion on UV filters is not to use them, don't add another layer of glass to the equation, unless you know you will be in a sandy or otherwise dusty environment and the font element of your lens moves in the barrel or for other reasons could use some additional sealing.As for protection from bumps I don't think they are the best idea. If the filter breaks it is going to put shards of glass behind the filter (in between your filter and the front element) which you then...
I run a setup like this. My receiver has speaker on/off settings in the setup options. You tell it what speakers are connected and it adjusts accordingly. Check your manual for your receiver and I would assume it has something similar. After that setup is done you will need to change to a surround sound setting (assuming your running two channel now). After that you should get the proper signals to each channel.
My statement about the general public stands true. Most don't spend the money for 'hi-fi' or would even care about the minute differences that are revealed. I know very few people who will sit down and listen to music, actually listen to it.
The point I was trying to make was it was not likely the file format but rather difference in the path from source recording to end user that each file made. Your title states the thread is about file format. I did read your entire post (twice actually) before responding. However, people focus to much on file format and not enough on the path from instrument to final delivered file.As I said in my first post, convert the flac to the same file format and quality of the...
You are looking at two different source files here. Therefore the FLAC vs. XXX is irrelevant. Take you FLAC file and convert to the 'lossy' codec of your choice and take another listen. I bet you won't hear a difference if the quality is kept above a certain threshold. The mastering or "remastering/optimizing for itunes" (whatever they call it) is likely the difference you are hearing. These days a lot of music is messed with prior to providing it to the end user. ...
Whats your ambient temperature? What is your vcore at load and idle? I have ambients between 70-80F and get similar values for idle and load temperatures.
After having my 3570K downclocked for quite some time while it was used as a HTPC, its back as my main editing rig so getting my overclock back . First step was seeing if it was still stable at 4.2 GHz at the same voltage it was previously. Turned out good and now time to start moving the clocks up. Custom blend at ten minutes per FFT to make sure they were all hit in the 12 hours. My ambient temps are pretty low, during a previous test at slightly lower voltage it...
Hmm, Doesn't really answer my question.Negating volume control for the moment, do you need a pre amp if your using a power amp? Don't most modern sources supply plenty of input voltage to allow the power amp to do its thing?