Posts by Ironman517

Well, if you weren't going to overclock we could try to fit a FX-8XXX or an i5 into your budget. But if you are going to overclock, stick with the FX-6300
This is what i came up with for cpu, mobo and RAM, I dont know of any decent M-ATX mobos, sorry PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.98 @ OutletPC) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($107.99 @ NCIX US) Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.50 @ Newegg) Total: $294.47 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available This is under the assumption you...
Why not get the 4790K? or are you not going to OC it? if you arent going to OC it, no reason to get a good cooler, just use the one you have or the stock intel one. Also, if you arent overclocking, you dont need a Z87 board, go with a H81(if you dont need PCI 3.0) or B85 board, that should save you a little bit.
AgreedIt doesnt matter SSDs are backwards compatible, also you only need your SSD for your boot drive, you only need 64-128GB max. You dont need one big enough for all your games. HDD is for storage, SSD is for speed. Even at sata II you will see a large increase in speed.Again, it doesnt matter PCIE2.0 or 3.0, you will still see a drastic increase in performance.If I were you, I would get a 120-128GB SSD and a R9 290 or GTX770. Should cost you well under your budget of $500
Depends on what you mean by "worth waiting" if you are only gaming, there is no need to wait on DDR4. Intel's new CPU, im not so sure about. But I would expect DDR4 to be expensive.
Honestly, I would not worry about overclocking and just get the best GPU you can get. Since you are waiting on Itel and DDR4, there is no reason to drop more on a CPU and motherboard which you will be replacing shortly. If you want to overclock, you are going to be paying a decent amount for a good board. If you get a locked CPU, you dont need to spend money on a good board. You can just get an entry level one. lets say you have 300 to spend on GPU, mobo and CPU, these...
I think what they were going at is that the price of 2 x 660s closely resembles the price of 1 x 780, 780 is a little more.Honestly though, I would refrain from SLI and go with an audio card and when needed, upgrade to a more powerful single card solution.
You should upgrade the CPU, End game civ 5 with city states would be terribly slow. I would overclock to an i5 if you have the spare cash
Honestly, you should be getting the best GPU you can get with your budget, Just by a replacement board and spend the rest on a GPU. If your budget is $1k, you should get something ike this: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($172.68 @ SuperBiiz) Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($489.99 @ Amazon) Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ...
Super overkill, but.. [[SPOILER]] For the M-ITX, you will need to get a card reader, and a slimline sata to sata adapter.If they need more USB ports, just get a USB hub.