Posts by [FDG]Explosion

This thing has me so stumped. lol. Ive never seen a problem like this and i cant imagine itd be anything but the motherboard? Got home early today cause the boss had to go clean his Camaro for a show tonight so i tried the newest drivers i could find, they didnt help any. I just dont understand why the 3 USB adapters ive now tried dont work at all either, nor does this old PCI NIC i had laying around. And like i said above i still cant get it to post without 1.44v to the...
No lights on the port and ive reset cmos repeatedly in the process of getting it to post. Assigning it a static IP and putting it under DMZ doesnt help and the win7 install does not have windows firewall enabled or any AV installed. I tested last night and the connection it gets under linux has something like 70% packetloss. SO yeah thats *not* working fine. Ill try some newer drivers tonight when i get home but im quickly losing motivation to put more time into this...
Ive got my old q6600 and DFI Dark P35-t2rs set up in a machine my father has been using. The other day (after some severe thunderstorms) the machine would not post and i had to drive over to his house and play with the computer for 45 minutes to get it to post again (It will not post at stock settings, has to be my saved OC profile which has increased NB voltage and runs 1.6v vcore). it would not boot windows, instant BSOD at the windows XP slash screen and it would not...
Sorry it took so long to respond, uncle is moving in a for a while and i had to tear the whole setup down and move it. Changing the ports the server uses seems to have fixed it. If i run into the issue again ill run wireshark, thanks.
I have a Dell PowerEdge 2900 I just set up to run a mumble and perforce server for me and another person to work on our UE4 project in tandem. The mumble server works fine but every time he tries to upload to the perforce server my connection drops house wide and sometimes it will come back within a few seconds and sometimes it requires me to reset my cable modem. Im at a loss here and will try to change the port the server runs on as I have time just to make sure but im...
Dell PowerEdge 1800 - Boots to BIOS1 3.4ghz Socket 604 Xeon4gb of RAMdual hotswap 675w power supplies1x optical1x FDDNo drivesNo drive caddies [[SPOILER]] Dell PowerEdge 2900 - Boots to BIOS2x Xeon E5420's (2.5ghz quad core)4gb of RAMdual hotswap 930w power supplies1x optical1xFDDNo drivesNo drive caddiesNo front bezelNo key for side panel (its open though) [[SPOILER]] Alienware (Aurora?) full tower in Silver/Black. Case housed my fathers machine which was a (workstation)...
Ah nice. Guess ill have to grab one of those, reviews seem pretty positive too
Just looking for some advice for a vertical ("over under" style) monitor stand. Wondering if anyone has/had one they liked or would recommend. Ive been poking around on amazon today and the ones I found that looked decent cost literally 3x what both my screens combined cost. Id like to find something for $40 or under. The screens to be mounted are 21.5 and 20.5" and have VESA mounts. Id like it to clamp to the desk as well for stability but as long as the base is solid I...
Just had some quick questions about my new (as of december) GTX770 - The card stock specs are supposed to be 1111/1163mhz but its running 1215 under load at 100% stock settings? (TDP set to 100% etc.) - The core clock seems to be strapped like my 470's was except they make no sense/have no logical progression. Anything up to +30mhz offset does not affect the core clock under load at all while +31mhz winds up being 1241mhz. +35mhz winds up being 1267 and +51 winds up...