Posts by Dt_Freak1

I don't know that I would really even try to overclock on that board. kind of weak on power phasing. a good option if you could spare some cash to overclocking would be to buy a gigabyte 970a-ud3p motherboard and a better cooler. I would pick up a cooler master hyper 212+ or evo and a spare 120mm fan and run a push pull setup on that tower air cooler on a better motherboard. youll have to experiment with the fsb of the motherboard to raise the clock speed as all propus...
your build looks like a decent midlevel gaming build. however core temp does NOT report the max processor temperature properly. the max temperature according to amd on the package itself not the cores is 62 degrees Celsius. I wouldn't run it past 60 degrees Celsius personally myself. your just asking for thermal throttling. a better idea would be some really high static pressure and cfm fans for that 120mm radiator for a good push pull setup. I do like how clean your...
I do have a few suggestions. the western digital 500gb is an ok hard drive but you can quadruple the storage for barely any more coin. the Seagate barracuda 2tb 7200rpm drive is like $85. if you want to keep in a certain budget the diablotek evo chassis at microcenter is a great midtower case on a budget. $39.99 and has 4 fans included and a bottom mount for a psu. is it kinda cheapish yes....is it perfect no....is it good for someone on an absolute budget...
cant wait. played all of them thus far
but that stuff on ebay....probably get more for your return then what they are offering.
sounds like probably the motherboard. must be if you tested memory and a different video card. did you try the video card in another rig? you can unhook the primary hard drive in the other rig then pull the video card in question and pop it in the other rig and see if you can make the other rig post with his card. that way you wont have to fool with windows 7 trying to find a driver. if that video card works in another working system and posts then its definitely the...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gtON I have updated the parts list in accordance with not needing 2 mechanical drives and also not needing windows 7 or the sound card. so ive upped the ram to 32gb, modified out the optical drive to the most expensive Blu-ray burner drive you can buy, and added 2 more cooler master blade master 120mm fans and a fan controller. this way you can run a push pull setup on the seidon 240m radiator. its not quite 2800 but almost there. if you buy...
The r9 290s have 4gb of vram and will crossfire will absolutely eat games for breakfast. Plus they are powercolor brand which are shown to unlock to full r9 290x cards. The board does include onboard sound but the soundcard is a ton better then the onboard. With socket 2011 you need quad channel ram. Yea we could cut the second 2tb and use onboard sound. Id have to look to see if we could up the ram
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3gpFj based on the fact you already have a 24" 1080p monitor I went best bang for the buck and left the monitor situation alone. I selected an lga 2011 build with a total of 16gb of 2133 g skill ares ram, a coolermaster v850 gold psu, twin powercolor radeon r9 290s that will unlock to the r9 290x setup which means blasted amounts of overkill plus a sound card by asus that puts you up into the 28xx range. I also included win 7 pro
the gigabyte 970a-ud3p. it has 8+2 power phasing. its basically the 990fxa-ud3 but not as good for multiple video cards.