Posts by roninmedia

I have the H60 AIO cooler and a 120mm rear fan salvaged from my Storm Sniper when I installed the H60. What would be an ideal set-up with the stock fans of the Air 240, the H60 and a 120 mm rear fan?
The person who wrote the review for this case for Anandtech stated that building in this case was difficult. Any owners agree with the assessment? Pretty much moving my current single GPU rig in my signature from the Storm Sniper case to something smaller.
I am placing the parts from my current system into something smaller. I currently have a mATX, single GPU build in a Storm Sniper case, so there is plenty of wasted room. I want it smaller enough so I can carry it comfortable between office space and living room. Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Graphics: 1 x 3GB MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner RAM: 2 x 4GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Storage: SAMSUNG 850...
I know this thing doesn't have any handles, but is it still relatively easy for you to pick up and move to a different spot. I'm only looking to move between my room and the living room on weekends to game on the couch.
I am going to purchase a Dell UltraSharp U2715H. I also do productivity work as well as video consumption so the viewing angles and the stand adjustments are great for me. I play mostly RPGs, especially those JRPGs ported from console so the refresh rate doesn't concern me. My current list of favorite games on Steam are: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Vanilla) Final Fantasy XIII South Park: The Stick of Truth Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Valkyria Chronicles I likely...
I use Monaco as my font in Sublime. I have used Consolas as well but I may need to check out some of the other fonts mentioned in his thread.
To preface this, I am not a professional developer. I don't have any intentions of making a career change for the foreseeable future. I'm a pharmacist but I do spend time in the workplace interacting with databases, drawing information to identify and interpret trends and expanding to more of a health informatics role. The only "programming" language I know is PHP. I wanted a way to better manage a website that had dozens of web pages, so I chose PHP over ASP back in 2001...
I believe that deal pops up at the Microsoft store occasionally for that price; currently $760 there. I'm stopping by the store tomorrow morning to take a look at some of the IPS laptops to weight if the screen is enough of a price premium for me.The best I've found thus far is the Lenovo Z50 for $579 since I don't imagine myself needing discrete GPU for visual novels, anime, and emulators.• 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4510U Processor (2.00GHz 1600MHz 4MB) [This is a dual...
I'm quite comfortable with any laptop screen size of greater than 14 inches, as it will spend the majority of the time being very sedentary. I am eligible for a student discount but I'm actually enrolled in an online master's program, so I'm not actually needing to carry a large laptop from lecture hall to lecture hall. I actually used a 16" laptop when I was in professional school. I used the desktop in my signature for the heavy lifting when it comes to GPU intensive games.
What is your maximum budget?