Posts by roninmedia

I use Monaco as my font in Sublime. I have used Consolas as well but I may need to check out some of the other fonts mentioned in his thread.
To preface this, I am not a professional developer. I don't have any intentions of making a career change for the foreseeable future. I'm a pharmacist but I do spend time in the workplace interacting with databases, drawing information to identify and interpret trends and expanding to more of a health informatics role. The only "programming" language I know is PHP. I wanted a way to better manage a website that had dozens of web pages, so I chose PHP over ASP back in 2001...
I believe that deal pops up at the Microsoft store occasionally for that price; currently $760 there. I'm stopping by the store tomorrow morning to take a look at some of the IPS laptops to weight if the screen is enough of a price premium for me.The best I've found thus far is the Lenovo Z50 for $579 since I don't imagine myself needing discrete GPU for visual novels, anime, and emulators.• 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4510U Processor (2.00GHz 1600MHz 4MB) [This is a dual...
I'm quite comfortable with any laptop screen size of greater than 14 inches, as it will spend the majority of the time being very sedentary. I am eligible for a student discount but I'm actually enrolled in an online master's program, so I'm not actually needing to carry a large laptop from lecture hall to lecture hall. I actually used a 16" laptop when I was in professional school. I used the desktop in my signature for the heavy lifting when it comes to GPU intensive games.
What is your maximum budget?
Looks like Fry's is having a clearance on Sandy Bridge components. Possibly I can secure a i5-2400 + LGA1155 board for $80. Time to get my relatives who have never set foot inside a Fry's to set foot in there.
I'm looking to have a PC sitting in my living room connected to a 60" Samsung Plasma TV. Budget: ~$350 Purchase Period: Next Month Uses: 8/10-bit anime (madVR, LAV, MPC-HC), visual novels, and possibly some less hefty Steam games Code: Memory G.Skill Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 39.99 Video Card MSI N460GTX Hawk 1GB 0.00 Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM ...
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/roninmedia/saved/2BAQ Rationally, I wouldn't spend this much on a system, but good to dream and all. Nothing to lose from just entering.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119 SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W $84 - $10 MIR - $15 w/ promo code EMCWXXN44, ends 10/19 $9 over the top of your budget range. But you're getting a gold rated semi-modular PSU with a 5 year warranty by a very reputable brand. Review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=323
The heaviest thing I can expect to emulate would be PS2/Wii games.For visual novels, the system requirements are really really low. The latest one I have (i.e. released on June of this year)As for anime, a lot of it will be the 1920x1080 10bit variety.