Posts by Ino.

Got the measurements now (also added to OP): Wheel 5g PCB 22g Small PCB 7g Bottom shell 20g Top shell 55g All together with screws 112g (my guess is there are rounding errors for the low weight parts, it's just a kitchen scale) I don't see any real potential for weight loss here, I mean you can butcher the mouse of side buttons and wheel to go down to 100g, but you'd have a two button mouse. The top shell seems really heavy in comparison, although it doesn't...
I don't agree completely. To see how well you can perform with a mouse, sure, you need more time to get used to it. But to see any shape troubles you just need a long, intense gaming session to see if there is any cramping up or sore spots coming up. Obviously the more time you spent with a mouse the better, but most shape flaws are immediately notable. These days I know within an hour if a shape is for me or not, but then I've also tried around 50 mice.Should be exactly...
Mine does too, and I believe it's from 2003. Used it exclusively until 2007 at least. Loved that mouse.
Also after looking at the insides I'm really surprised with the weight, because there seems to be nothing really heavy in there. Maybe it's a thick material for the shell that's causing it. I'll probably take it apart again tomorrow and weigh the components.
I tried it on the Roccat Taito too, and it was a bit easier to move it. The glide of the Kone EMP in general is really good, so that helps too, even with a slower pad. However the resistance of the glide is not what is holding me back, it's more the inertia of a heavier mouse it seems. It worked for the 2-3 hours I used it, but when I switched back to the G Pro right after it was like using a feather.Damn, yes, I always miss these because I do the write up in a google doc...
Roccat Kone EMP Gaming Mouse Review - by InoThe Roccat Kone EMP is the newest iteration of the Kone series, replacing the Kone XTD. It has the exact same shape as the XTD but features a new top of the line sensor (a derivate of the 3360 family).Disclaimer: The mouse was given to me for review by Roccat directly.BoxingThe mouse comes in a nice box, same design as all current Roocat boxes I believe.What's included:- Kone EMP- Instruction- Manual- Some stickersBox:Weight &...
I'm behind schedule and currently I'll, might finish it today or tomorrow hopefully :/
My testing: LOD on low is below 1CD LOD on high is just below 2CD
I got one thanks to Roccat, going to stream with it soon to try it out, probably tomorrow I'll take it apart and review will be up some time this weekend too.
To me the sidebuttons on the ZA and FK are more crisp. Not perfect, but better.