Posts by Ino.

Won't happen as the new coating since the original FK is supposed to be a solution that fits everyone. And it does, but mainly if you have hands that are mildly humid. If you have bone dry hands then glossy sides are still better, if you have really sweaty hands than something like the DA BE is probably better too.For me it works well enough to not complain (with relatively dry hands in summer and bone dry hands in the winter).
Zowies work fine on dark single colored cloth pads. If you need a metal pad than your unit is faulty, that is not a lens issue. The lens lowers the LOD which caused issues on lighter colored surfaces. I have all Zowies, they all work great on Qcks and the likes.
At that distance, wouldn't that target be a lot smaller than a pixel on something like 1080p?
Do not forget that high CPI usually had a plethora of other downsides, like lower tracking speeds and jitter. As long as you have enough CPI (estimate useful dpi in funender) to not skip pixels (at least near crosshair) then you are fine and there are no more benefits to higher CPI.
Most of that is just fond memories I guess, I recently used my DA 3G again to try it and it was certainly not better than the FK1 for me. I mainly tried it for the button latency thing and even there I did better with the FK1 consistently (by around 20 ms).
Hm, I honestly don't remeber having issues with that, but most games force a much lower sens with snipers, so I'm kind of used to it. But it's been quite a while since I last played Borderlands 2, so I'm not sure.
Oh I agree on the abyssus, that's the reason why I didn't bother with it too. I was just trying to help you out with borderlands as I was having the same troubles too.
Hust FYI: You can use lower values in Borderlands 2, just need to do them with a hex editor. It's annoying, but at least it keeps the value once you set it. Mine is set to 7.something so I get 60cm/360° at 400 CPI
FYI: Zowie uses a different MCU than most other manufacturers, why they do is beyond me, but Skylit suggested it was because they had experience with said unit. This might also add to the more raw feeling.