Posts by fritx

So this is what I have so far How's that symlink work?
Actually I have them and I think my PSU is the one that is making the loud noise or possibly my CPU cooler.
[[SPOILER]] Will this work for the other folders? I'm not trying to move the home folder only the ones for my media, like music, videos, pictures and possibly my steam folder.
[[SPOILER]] I am looking for something quiet, I think I'm going to use a pair of noctua fans for silence
I installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my desktop and I have one SSD and 2xHDD of 320 Gb each one, I would like to change the location of my main folders (Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos & Downloads). In Windows 7 I used to change the location of those specific folders and they were route to other folder in my HDD, instead of using my SSD space. How can I change them like that?
[[SPOILER]] Is it a lot quieter than the stock one or a little bit quieter?
Well it work thanks I thought I was writing the correct password but I guess not until I checked letter by letter thanks:thumb:
I'm going to try and see if it's the same password
Like the tittle says I need to reset the password on two windows 8 machines, both of them are using an email account instead of a local account. Those computers aren't mine but he gave me the password for them but it says that I need to input the last password that I used without internet. I would like to know if there is a way to recover that password? or I would need to go to his house and login and then comeback to my house?
As Claes mentioned unplug everything except RAM and CPU and see if it boots, try first one RAM stick then try both.