Posts by Warmonger

Oh man you showed them, you could of bought two copies of Windows 8 for that price. Your $100 allows them to make 50+ more Windows 8 disks to distribute. Actually, this is the ultimate test. Assembly is the last step before any and every piece of software is broken down to machine code. If he can't understand this little bit of assembly, then he obviously has no clue how the innards of any application works. Especially something as complex as an API. It's one thing to go...
Right, because not utilizing hardware is always a plus.
Right, because a Vista bloated OS from 3 years ago is simply amazing.
You can skip Metro with applications like Start8, which also add the start menu back. And you don't need to use a hotmail account at all to run the OS. You only need it to use certain things like the windows store, messenger, and mail apps.The DirectX 11.1 API is a reworked DirectX 11 vanilla. They had to rewrite a few bits and pieces of the API to accommodate the performance improvements. Tho Microsoft has released a patch for Windows 7, that allows Windows 7 to reap...
Eh? Like I said before mine are running at 1600 @ 8-8-8-20 undervolted to 1.30v. These sticks come factory 11-11-11-28 @ 1.35v, the only difference is you have to manually set these in the bios. These sticks can do 2133 @ 9-9-9-X | 10-10-10-X somewhere between 1.35v and 1.50v (I seen someone on Newegg reviews who is running them at 2133 @ 9-9-9-24 on 1.375v). They are dirt cheap, high quality, very low profile, they come on a blackish PCB so they can't really be noticed,...
Save the hassle later on and grab a set of these. Boot into the bios and set them to 9-9-9-24-1T @ 1866 MHz @ 1.35v. There you have it, 8GB of low volt high performance ram for $38. I mean its almost $30 for one stick of 4GB DDR3 1866 on Newegg. Might as well spend the extra $10 and get a 8GB kit for dual channel. And to answer your theoretical question, AMD processors like timings more then they like frequency. Higher frequency memory translates into being able to do big...
Time for Rockstar to recompile the game without that song, and put it on steam for free yes?
I think he's putting them in the ASRock Extreme 4. So the memory PCB and the motherboard PCB are almost identical colors (even better). Like said I have my 4GB set at 1600 @ 8-8-8-20 undervolted to 1.30v from the stock 1600 @ 11-11-11-28 at 1.35v. I mean 16GB for around $75 is a really good deal. You cant buy factory tweaked sticks with that timing on the market running at them volts. You would have to blow $50 into a pair of RipjawsX that does 1600 @ 8-8-8-24 at 1.5v. So...
I'm in high doubts of finding any, since these are some of the lowest profile sticks on the market. Tho imo the sticks already come on a black PCB, id just pop them in and go. I honestly don't understand why people buy parts for show. My '84 heavy half ton pickup is ugly as hell. But it has a 350 rocket in it, and will yank up a 2000lb tree up outa the swamp.
I was thinking of suggesting a heatspreader mod also, but I was looking for shorter spreaders. Could get ones that already come black, and just get some model paint to paint the clips.