Posts by Mhill2029

Biggest TROLL gpu in history I think it should be titled. The GTX 1080 is the biggest joke I've seen from Nvidia.... Everything from the unrealistic temps at 2100Mhz core on AIR during their demonstration to the fact that the enthusiast key idea has been back peddled completely and is now ditched altogether, to the fact the cards are pushed to high clocks out of the factory just to make it push passed a Titan X or 980Ti. And even then....barely.... And to add more salt...
Probably true to be honest, everywhere I've looked they are pre-order or waiting for stock. Plus the demand for the 1080 is pretty damn high, which certainly won't help the situation.
I think the fact your running 128Gb of ram @ 3000Mhz is something not to be snuffed at. That is certainly high five worthy matey!
lol I get that all the time, people saying waste of money or worse. I couldn't even post the stuff people have called me just for owning more cards than the next guy. Mind you I got the same thing just recently regarding my 6950X purchase. It's amazing how hostile and insecure people can be about a piece of silicon.I wouldn't believe a word Nvidia's says anymore.....like the GTX 1080 @ 2100Mhz core on air cooling @ 60c during the demonstration in a very hot texas. My first...
I never did understand the big deal about 3 and 4 way on the 1080 anyway, they are midrange dies after all. People that buy 3 or 4 way SLI do it on the ultra high end like the Ti or Titan anyway. Seems a bit laughable that such a big deal is made out of it, when virtually nobody will be buying that kind of setup with those particular cards.It sucks for future Titan Pascal owners like me though, I for one was ready to go 4-Way with those monsters. So lets hope they back...
Ironically 2 other people I know have bought 4 of them.......that is a kick in the balls for them.I'm sure they'll back peddle 3 and 4-way SLI support when the Titan rears it's monstrous head again. Just you watch lol
Erm, this is old news and has been listed on overclockers Uk for a good while now on Pre-Order. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/samsung-sm961-polaris-1tb-m.2-2880-pci-e-3.0-x-4-nvme-solid-state-drive-hd-226-sa.html
Looks about right to me....
You bought 3x 1080's knowing the information that's been floating around for the last month or so?
No that it matters, from my experience it's never done well at all with games anyway. The few that did work with 4-Way weren't perfect by any means, and by the time drivers provide profiles for such configurations to work, they are already well into their life cycle and newer cards are out.It's just not worth it anymore.... At least my future builds will be somewhat cheaper