Posts by MME1122

No, the fans don't stop completely but at idle I could hear my H80 pump over the GPU so it is very quiet. If you set a custom fan curve you can have the fans shut off below a certain temp.
Up for sale is my Asus 670 DirectCU II Top edition. I upgraded to a 980Ti and am offloading some of old stuff. The card has always been to me, boosting typically to 1254 MHz. I've had it up to 1300 MHz on occasion. I cleaned the dust out of the heat sink and it comes in original packaging. I'm asking $130 shipped, but open to offers.
Just switched to a keyboard with clear switches and backlighting, so I'm selling my leopold. It's a TKL layout with Cherry MX brown switches, purchased from and used about 2.5 years. The spacebar has a small amount of shine to it on the right side, other than that it's held up great. Comes in original box with mini USB cable and PS/2 adapter. Price is $75 shipped, or best offer.
Just got mine from Newegg, I ordered yesterday got the rush processing and it showed up today. It's a december build, white uniformity actually looks pretty good. Backlight bleed is definitely there, but I've seen worse. Not sure yet but I might keep it. There might be 1 dead/stuck pixel I found, but honestly it's a struggle to pick it out even if I get right up to the screen. Non-issue for me. Photos are taken using the calibration settings from TFT central. White...
I used to have these on my samsung RAM: Solid copper and relatively cheap. Not too pretty but I painted them and it turned out well enough.
It looks great to me honestly. Spec sheet: A bit smaller than the 360, 1.3" isn't that oversized for a men's watch. And it has a bigger battery. It would be nice if they offered a matching metal band, but it looks like it takes standard watch bands so you can swap it out easily enough.
Well 1394 is firewire, it's really only legacy nowadays. The motherboard may have an internal header for it but that's it. The picture you linked looks like a SATA power connector. Looks like it would receive a plug from your power supply. If you have a USB plug ~1 inch long that's USB 3, the header is on the right about half way up the board. Smaller usb plugs, ~0.5 inches, are USB 2.0. Plug them into the headers labeled USB on the bottom. This is all in your...
Very cool, what's the VRAM usage looking like?
How much is he syncing? Honestly I just use dropbox. I have my desktop and a laptop for school, and I occasionally use a netbook. It's more than enough storage for all my school files and a few game saves for when I play on my laptop. If he only needs a couple gigs it doesn't get much better imo. And you can get the files on your phone easily, that's helped me out more than once. Edit: saw you said no cloud solutions I just recommended it because it's so easy.
Looks like you have a really nice rig, I'd sell the GPUs but I don't think you'd have any problems with that hardware in 2 years. Unless you want to upgrade the mobo or get more storage space you're probably good to go on the rest of it. As for the cooling the H100i being a closed unit is fine to keep. I would sell it only if you sell the mobo/processor or you want to upgrade from it. Reason is in 2 years who knows if it will be adaptable to a new socket.