Posts by arredondo

Here ya go, pardner:
As was my goal from the start three months ago when I first fired up Skyrim and began adding mods, I am locked at 60 fps @1080P. Keep in mind my frame limiter keeps it from going higher since I am playing on an 60" HDTV which can't display anything higher.I am able to get the max frame rate because I was extremely careful at choosing mods that earned a rep for not being too taxing on the hardware. I also selected almost all "medium" level quality textures when the option...
The PS4 did more in its first 24 hours than what other launch consoles did in its first month:
Cheater.
I'm no expert at OCing to push it to its limits. My 2500K currently runs @4.4 GHz.
Checking the internets for info on the two CPUs mentioned above, you are absolutely right. So if I wanted an upgrade it would have to be purely a GPU with hopes that the games over the next year or so aren't CPU limited. I should be able to accomodate a Radeon R9 card based on its rumored specs, yes?
I believe it's a Z28. I'll confirm later. I use my rigs for games mostly and haven't kept up on the hardware scene since I built my Sapphire ATI HD 6970 rig two years ago. I was looking to see how high I can upgrade my CPU, (and, I guess GPU too if the new AMD cards will fit).
I currently have a 2500K OC, but what are the top two fastest chips that work on my ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 mobo?
Skyrim newborn here in need of help. The good news here is that my game save is the scene after the intro (where you get your first clothes), so there is no issue eith me restarting if need be. However, my problem is that even with an easy 60+ fps from fraps with no mods installed, the game s not smooth when walking while swinging the camera left or right. It also has slight hitches when strafing in front of a wall. I tried a solution I read online that had me change a...
Cool. I'm running: Sapphire ATI HD 6970 @900/1400 Intel i5-2500K CPU @4.4 GHz Which ENB looks the best for the smallest performance hit? I should be good to go after that. Alternatively, what do you think of using RCRN and a few enhancers instead of an ENB? Will that save resources?