Posts by Cha0s_Cha0

I'd agree, if they made a laptop with a 4k screen, then it has gaming/media in mind if not then it's something made for heavy multitasking in a workstation kind of way and in which case should have half decent hardware at the very least. LoL is not very demanding at all and it got over 100fps with an old gts 450 I let a friend borrow at 1200p. Anything even remotely modern will play it just fine. This is more of a non question since it's difficult to think of a situation...
This is a similar position to the Zalman FPS Gun. I've been using that for a long time now because traditional mice were very uncomfortable for me since I have a claw grip. It's was marketed as a fps mouse obviously but since the sensor is at the tip of the mouse like the barrel of a gun, movements are much faster since you only twist your wrist and the tip of the mouse moves much more. I've enjoyed everything about it aside from the horrible build quality. So if you like...
Use it as a secondary drive for music or photos. It's nice to have a dedicated location to consolidate certain type of files for easy searching.
You don't need quad channel at all. If you want to save money, x79 is able to do single, dual, triple or quad channel so you can just use the existing ram if you want. Or if you want quad, yes, you can order the same kit and there's a 99.9% chance that they'll work together. There's always a very low chance they may not like to play friendly.
I've come across a recent problem that popped up just a few days ago after a few months of mining. Lately, one of my cards would stop mining randomly. I have a 290x and a 270x in that rig and everything's been going fine until recently when the 270x would become idle when I would check up on the system. There are no errors and no bsod. The computer remains on and the 290x is still chugging away. I have them both mining on the same pool and everything so I don't think it's...
Newegg can't sell these at msrp until they cut down their current listing of 270 and 270x's which as of right now, most of the 270's are priced higher than the stated msrp of the 280. The average 270 is around $250 and the 270x is averaging $300. Newegg is going to price gouge these to the tune of $350-400. Most likely towards the $400 end sadly since the 280x is pushing $450 right now.
You need 30mm m4 or m3 screws depending on what's compatible with your radiator. There are m3's on the list but if you need m4, just do a search. Very cheap and you get 100 which is a LOT better than buying a set of 4 from a watercooling site for a few dollars for a single set. http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Plated-Finish-Phillips-Threads/dp/B00DD4ABTA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393392455&sr=8-2&keywords=30mm+m4+screws
I would recommend going with something like in post #6. I'm not doing so because it's great or anything but the main reason is because it'll get you started with the speakers but the most important part is that they are passive speakers and the deal comes with a receiver. That's the most important part if you want sound quality plus passive speakers allow you to customize much more down the line. I'd say get that and then upgrade later as you see fit. If you think the bass...
If you already have options on that things that sound like junk, then I'd highly advise against going 7.1 until you have four figures to spend. At that price point, wanting good sound quality you'd be looking at a midrange 2.1 setup. I can tell you from personal experience, back in the day before I knew much about the subject, I got a cheap 5.1 set from Walmart just to tie me over, and holy crap they sound like a 50 cent pair of earbuds. When it comes to good speakers and...
Does anyone use http://pool.karmacoin.info? I just happen to be looking at some of the stats and I saw something weird. I looked at one of the blocks found that had a high reward and I wanted to check out how much I was getting out of the reward relative to the pool and I can't find it at all.     The blocks are handled in order and block 24799 is missing from my transaction history but it's under the blocks found by the pool. Blocks 24798 and blocks 24805 before and...