Posts by ender475

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and a 2 TB external drive with USB 3.0. I'd like to connect it to my tablet. I've tried using an OTG cable, however, the drive doesn't power on when connected to the tablet. Any ideas how I can get the hard drive to power on and be recognized by my tablet?
My phone screen wouldn't turn on this morning, but the notification blinker was going off so I know it was actually on. I held down the power + volume button to get the phone to reset which, one the phone started up a gain, got me back to a page to enter a password in order to decrypt the phone. Once entered, it said the decryption was unsuccessful because my data is corrupt but the password was correct and I'm prompted to do a factory reset. With no other option (tried...
I've got a HTC One M8 and it's been taking crappy pictures (though it was taking fantastic ones when I first got it). The lens looks like crap, very smudgy but doesn't look scratched. I've tried applying some rubbing alcohol with a q-tip but it had no effect whatsoever. Any other ideas?
@Ghoxt It would actually allow me to select updates and hit install, but the download would never start. It would just sit at 0% complete. I was attempting this after I'd literally just installed the operating system, so some kind of malware/spyware is pretty unlikely. I ended up fixing it by applying some "update readiness tool" from Microsoft which allowed me to actually install SP1 (which was also failing to even install). Once SP1 was installed I was able to finally...
Installed SP1, still won't download any updates.
Activated and service started. Thanks for the suggestion.
I've got that issue I've seen on a number of threads I found on Google where Windows (7) Update won't download anything, it's just stuck at 0. I've tried deleting the files found in "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore" (.edb file and Logs folder) and restarting, no change. I tried stopping/restarting the Windows Update service but it won't actually stop, so that's an issue. Any other ideas on how to get Windows Update to actually download updates?
Another build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mk2h
No offense taken. Thanks for the heads up!
It's part of a combo, so that's actually a $20 difference. I don't really need a bigger drive, I have 4 TB of external storage.