Posts by Cavey00

Now both slots on the board work and ram is fine. Yeah...I don't know. Maybe I wasn't seating it all the way. Maybe the ram didn't like my previous overclock. Something. Anyway, all working at stock speeds so crisis averted. Thanks for the tips and the good wishes!
Testing one set of ram in my kids mobo today. Booted up just fine, but I'm running memtest on it for the next 3 hrs and then I'll just run the rig off it for a week or two and see if anything happens. Then I'll stick that other stick of ram that I think I might have fried in one slot and see if it boots. Maybe I got lucky and it only borked the ram slot. Edit: All ram tests fine. Nothing fried on the ram, which makes me think that the slot just failed in between power...
Hard to say on the board as it's all black. I'll inspect the ram a little closer tonight but the pins all look shiny, not burnt like I've seen once before when one of my coworkers installed ram in backwards. That sparked and burnt pretty good. This didn't do anything like that. Really that's the kicker, I can't see anything physically burnt or wrong but that doesn't mean that something didn't fry internally.
I spotted that the slot I was testing with didn't have the ram seated all the way....because it was backwards. Turned it around and seated it all the way. No post. Tried a different stick in the other slot (only has two, mITX board). Posted and booted.
Nothing to take pics of. Nothing looks burnt. This is Sammy miracle ram too, so everything is already black @southernyankee I thought about doing that too. I have my kids cheap AMD rig with only half the slots occupied. I could probably test the ram I intend to use in there. If it fries a slot, there are still two other slots and I'll have my answer. The board in my sig rig (bug) only has two slots and that's the one I messed up on. That's being repurposed and in reality...
So....got it to boot. Was testing with one stick of ram in...and not all the way in...and backwards. That's what you get when you don't take your time and work blindly folks. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Anyway, I flipped it around and seated it all the way. No boot. Took it out and installed the other stick in the other slot. Booted! So now I don't know what is fried, or how much of it. I've posted this question in the ram section so I won't rehash it here. But yeah, I'm an...
Yep. I did it. After about a dozen builds or so, watercooling, modding...I made a mistake. It was made in haste but still So I'm not sure what time it happened and when the damage occurred, but here's the facts. I have a damaged ram slot and possibly damaged ram. One slot is currently working with a stick of ram in it. So here are my questions: 1) What do I test? The ram slot or the ram? 2) Can damaged ram do damage to a good slot? 3) Can a damaged slot do damage to...
Unless you have a complex loop. That's still the catch. Otherwise I'd be using it too as I love the look of it. Oh well.
I guess I could, but would a dead bios battery cause it to not even give me a bios screen? I've had dead bios batteries before and they booted up just fine. Just never saved the time or settings of course.
I think mine finally died on me. Last week I switched the psu off and upon turning it back on and hitting the power button I got nothing. Oddly enough hit the reset button and it fired up. Last night was doing a little bit of a rebuild on it and now it won't get past post. Nothing on the display using my card or igpu. The CPU fan stumbles before spinning full speed and gradually spinning down and the reset bios switch glows. I've tried hitting the bios switch, resetting...