Posts by Cavey00

Interesting idea but I'm using this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009USAJCC?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1 It powers the Pi just fine and has an extra port in it if you wanted to charge a phone as well. I'm not sure what capacity you are looking for but I just wanted something small so I wasn't fumbling with it. The only complaint I would have is this backup battery touts itself as adaptive, so when the Pi ramps up the demand you will get that little rainbow square in the corner...
Yup, I'm not local but I could take the flight and visit family up there in Seattle. This would become my main rig and I would repurpose my current rig to be a VR setup after a graphics card update. Totally in. Edit: This has 980's in it. It WOULD be my VR setup!
We got this same thing. It was a pleasant surprise. Picked up another Fire TV and the 3 Fire Tablet deal. Total was 160, but now it's 130 which is amazing. The tablets are not super powerful but will work fine for what we intend on using them for.
If this comes into fruition I would love it. Also wish those lighthouses were battery powered and easily detachable for charging but I am unaware of how much power they draw and it would be aggravating if one of them died mid session.
You may lose that wager. My IT guy has both and prefers the Vive. He was however a little erked over having to wait months for the Rift after preordering on the 3rd day but being able to get a Vive shipped overnight to him last week. Still, he stated that whole room VR is the way to go. One of these days I need to go experience it for myself before plopping down that sum. I will admit one advantage. He is talking about bringing his PC and Rift to work to demo. You can't...
Comes free with my internet sub. Seems things keep going back and forth. I'm not a fan of the entirely free ones, sites say that Win Defender is crap (is it still crap in W10?) so personally I take McAfee free from Cox. Last antivirus I actually had a paid sub for was Panda I think.
I passed on the ones with fans because I wanted zero noise. Not using it as an emulator but for normal operations and media it doesn't seem to get hot. I'd try it first without personally.
I guess if worse comes to worse I could do that. It doesn't look like the 930 will work on T-Mobile in regards to LTE if I believe what they are saying on the Windows Central forums. I know my wife carries insurance on my phone so again, we'll have to see what they come back with. I know one thing that has always been annoying is the lack of support from T-Mobile in regards to this phone. One of the big selling points of their service was Wi-Fi calling. It was important to...
My HTC One M8 just had a battery meltdown on the charger last night. Looks like it leaked all over the connector and now won't recognize the micro usb port if anything is plugged into it. Tried cleaning it but it's a no go, which probably would have been bad anyway had I gotten it to try to charge again. The worst part is that this phone was only available for a short time from T-Mobile. I am not sure what they are going to try to get me to move to as I really doubt they...
If you aren't going to include your gpu, totally just stick with air. Now if it's something you genuinely have an interest in trying for fun then by all means go for it. Stick with flexible tubing and it will be fun setting up but just be aware of the maintenance you will have to do. I'm not a fan of CLC's although they have come along quite a bit from when I last tried one, but since you already have a top of the line air cooler I'm sure there are some people that will...