Posts by Cavey00

It's just going to take practice. Don't get discouraged by your first bends. I didn't use the mandrels but an empty roll of Teflon as a guide. In the end I was free handing it. My bends are not perfect but good enough for my first try. Just don't get in a hurry or panic. Do your single bend lines first as the ones with multiple bends are far more challenging unless you have all the measurements and mandrels planned out perfectly. Even then I'm willing to bet the multiple...
Makes a great spare psu if nothing else.
Oh wow, I thought dx11 was just a pipe dream for us. When does that come out, with next year's expansion?
And this is annoying once again. I don't want a console, period. PC's in every room but we miss out on exclusives like this. Very interesting looking game though. I guess next time PowerDVD screws me out of watching a bluray and I have to pay to update the software the PS4 could be a consideration. I refuse to buy one just for the exclusive games though.
Only to avoid potential aggravation. Then again any component can cause that, right? Personally I had a working single card setup and now with two I have some issues to work out. I'm sure my opinion will change once its working properly. When it is working I will agree its very nice.
I did try running one card. 10 mins of Crysis and 3 hrs of FFXIV with zero crashes. It could indeed be a PSU issue, but it's really weird that Valley won't crash it. Maybe because Valley is pulling a pretty steady high load but games fluctuate wildly? It wouldn't surprise me that much. My psu is over 2 years old and I know with the two cards, a 4770k, 9 fans and a D5 pump plus case lighting might be pushing it on 650w. Guess I get to just run one card for a while and save...
If this was for me, this is a fresh rebuild and install. Newest drivers were used, but I've tried a couple previous ones and had the same result. Now I'm back on the newest ones. I have not tried disabling boost clock yet but I can give that a whirl sometime. I have to agree with the above posters about a single more powerful card always being better. Looking back on my newest setup there are definite changes I would have made for barely if any more cost. For now I'll live...
Just want to follow up on my previous posting. I'm having issues with my 670 sli setup. Two games I've tested so far run fine on one card but with sli one can go for a while then crash the pc (reboot) and the other crashes it in minutes. Benchmarks won't crash it though. This is one of those ugly problems with sli that you might want to avoid, hence the reason people always suggest getting one powerful card instead. I had sli years ago with 8800gt's. No issues there. This...
Bumped for any more input. The reboot is what has me baffled. Windows 8 doesn't give me much of a clue after the reboot. Would software crashing cause a reboot or loss of power? I would think a psu overload would shut down everything and not reboot.
Not anything different than what the UPS displays. It has software available but it displays exactly what the screen on the UPS says. My psu is the older ax series, not the 650i.