Posts by Cavey00

I think I've been water cooling for about 3 years now. No components destroyed but I've taken a lot of time mounting things and testing thoroughly before firing up a rig. I also do periodic visuals to see if anything is amiss. What Hambone said about mounting blocks using cheap tim is advice I wish I would have had. +1 rep for that. I have a pair of GTX670's with XSPC blocks on them that I'm not happy about but they work decently and haven't given me any reason to remount....
Same here, but since mine is mounted directly to my case with no rubber dampner I get a low audible hum. Reminds me of an aquarium air pump actually. Can't hear my fans over it though and it's still quieter than air cooled, or at least the frequency is more pleasing.
Ugh, I don't know. Acrylic is not that easy to work with and I honestly wouldn't recommend it for the first go around. It's daunting when you first start off and can be off putting when you screw up your first bends, not to mention the measuring involved. Looking back on the difficulty level I'd give soft tubing a 3 and hardline an 8 out of 10. Even getting sli cards lined up while using hardline was a total pain in the butt. It doesn't flex...at all! So if you have some...
Initially that's why I never made the jump from XI to this when it was version 1.0. However now that I have kids and a wife I welcome the casual gameplay. A lot of us just don't have the time that XI took. There are a few things I miss though, like the fear of walking past something even match to IT and when it spots you...well run! No sprint though and you certainly couldn't train a bunch of them and survive. This is a lot more single player too. The mechanics are more...
In! I've got a board this will be perfect for! Thanks for the chance.
Could not have said it better.
Fair enough. Even as a heavy user of it I don't have it set as my default. I do however have PowerDVD as the default and that's equally as annoying, although it will play almost anything.
Very stoked for VR tech to release and I'm glad there are competitive choices coming. Just hoping I don't have any eye issues as mine tend to get sore after a couple hours of playing. I've been told I don't blink enough by a doctor. They say you should take breaks anyway, right?
Me and my family, heavily. Now if I wasn't married then I wouldn't need cable and therefor might look into a different setup. But again, if you want to DVR encrypted cable it's your only choice. It works very well and is easy to setup and operate.
Guess my two HTPC's will be staying on 7 then. That's a shame, I was looking forward to upgrading them. The two Win8 rigs will go to 10 though as they don't ever get used as media centers. Just to be clear for the people suggesting the alternatives, there is still NO alternative for encrypted digital cable using a cable card. I've seen a kickstarter project by HDHomerun that looks like it might become an alternative as a standalone DVR including encrypted cable so I'm...