Posts by MetallicAcid

I think the shiny spot is because you sanded too much in the one spot. You need to now sandpaper the entire panel with 120 or 80 grit.Any clearcoat which is used on cars will be perfect. I cannot recommend a brand as I do not know what brands there are where you are located.Scandinavia for the win. I found a Swedish girl and married her right away! /J
If all else failed, you can always find 1mm aluminium, brush it and clearcoat then stick it over.. /J
240 should work. Just try sanding the entire panels so that the same grain size matches throughout. You could try going to 120 as well. /J
You could try researching for some solution to clean it off which will not remove the anodized coating. You could also sand away the anodizing coating for the entire front panel, following the sanding grain.. Then do a clearcoat from a rattle can. /J
Hey, no problem. Thanks for mentioning me in your post I did have the Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI in my project. A nice little board good for midrange gaming PC not as overclocking friendly as the more expensive models from other manufacturers though.To remove the logo, I just scratched it off with my fingernail. This logo is painted directly onto the anodized aluminum, so it comes off with ease./J
Hello Awesome to hear that you have been inspired to build your own Metis project! I wish you luck /J
But of course /J
Nice work on the build mate!/J
Thank you all for the nice comments. I understand that the colour choice is a personal preference, but I really liked the mutual sand colour with white as contrast. In the end it was for my enjoyment I have an mITX project in the works called Elegance. Give me and the project name a Google and you will find what I promise, total awesomeness. Think brushed aluminium, custom panels, modded wrapping windows... And much more!! /J
Nahh, where is the challenge in that?/J