Posts by triggerc

You don't have to burn them in. Balanced armatures aren't effected by burn in.
Aura, YGPM
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Rocker But my question is, how big is the sound difference between the Xonar and Prelude? Enjoy your purchase! In terms of sound quality, there was a review posted in the news section, and the Xonar came out cleaner and offering slightly better fidelity compared to the Prelude. But I don't think that it will be anything you can discern by ears unless you have ultra-fi gear, if you do you wouldn't be looking at...
People need to experience John Petrucci in all his glory. There's a reason why he was invited to G3 by Satriani and Vai. I completely agree with Aura that Dragonforce is very good for testing equipment. If your setup is subpar, blast beating overlaid with all the instruments will sound terrible. What separates good sound equipment and bad sound equipment is the instrument separation and detail. BTW I fail to see how Dave Mustaine is any better than the guys from...
The subdued highs is a common trait with most IEM though. Probably not as much as subdued highs as much as strong bass. The isolation increases the bass slam significantly. Etymotic Research makes one of the few brighter sounding IEMs, so check out the ER6i, ER4P/S if you are into the more Grado sound. The Super.Fi 5 Pros are also very good IEMs, as good if not better than my old Shure E4Cs. If you want a more neutral sound for your IEMs, you should also looking into the...
Take a look at the JVC Aircushions (FX66) as well. They are the Marshmallows' bigger brothers.
Here's the thread about the AV710 if you need more info. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ch...r-08-a-230506/
HT Omega makes good sound cards. But for your purpose I think the tried and true Chaintech AV710 would be the better choice. They can be found for $40 on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Chaintech-AV...QQcmdZViewItem
Quote: Originally Posted by Aura Damn, seeing the Paradisea up close makes me want my tubes so badly. Talk about being in good company... I want to do a Head-Fi & OCN Unite meet. With our main players in different parts of the country though, it is very difficult. CanJam 09 is set for late May in Los Angeles next year - I'm probably going to set some cash aside far ahead of schedule, so if anyone else is considering it as well, you'll have at least one...
God, that is pr0n indeed. I'm a sucker for cello suites and sonatas. Is it Bach's cello suits?