Posts by amd955be5670

Now I am itching to try 1569.5mhz @ 1.312V again. What have you done...
I am still lurking too!
Why isn't anyone benching the 970 with a pagefile on the ramdisk? I only have 8gb ram otherwise with 16gb I would definitely make 6gb ram drive with 4gb page file. I better put 64GB RAM on the list of things to buy. Use 48GB of it as hdd cache, 6gb of it as temp file + page file and the rest for OS.
We need moar guinea pigs. Although his conclusion previous page is pretty much in line with mine. 1.275V in bios at 1557mhz. After that, even 1.312V in bios above 1557mhz spits out artifacts in firestrike. In this scenario I dropped back to 1.225V @ 1519mhz, no point adding 50mv more for just 39mhz more. Plus its got a little hot here, and even with my aggressive fan curve (2000RPM @ 65C), games like BF4, FC4, which are TDP hogs, reach 67C easily. Its going to get worse...
Only reason I'm not returning my 970 is I do NOT want to EVER deal with SLI again. Not going back to 760s in SLI. I swallowed my pride and optimized skyrim with 2k textures globally. Uninstalled Shadow of Mordor because I was bored of it anyway. Ostrich strategy of digging head in sand successful so far
Ubisoft games might need this very soon. Regardless, don't give a crap about how games and vram works. If skyrim needs it, I buy. Crappy ports are just a hair away from eating up this memory. 12GB is more than 3.5 anyway. Though not at 999$. Considering that I pay 999$ for an annoying blower style cooler with worse temperatures and no backplate, just no. I thought gigabyte would offer the 600WattOut cooler like they did with titan black as a DIY kit but this time they...
Give me 20% more Single core IPC above a 4.6Ghz i5-4670k, and I'll buy it. I need like 150% above haswell to run the first Crysis smoothly with increased shadow draw distance AND render distance @ 200
Its ironic how dxdiag showed 3612mb of vram when my friend checked the card and told me to return it, something isn't right based on his gut feeling (Note: He's not a technically sound person) Well in other news, I saw a game on discount on indiegala, did a lot of research and proceeded to buy it, only to find out its already there in my library -_- I placed a bet against my friend for a 5$ steam game that GTA5 will be a piss poor port and further ridicule the 970's...
He wanted extra 0.5gb of vram?
Not sure what you are smoking. If only I had a DMM and knew where to measure volts. Pretty sure the 980s have NCP81174 as well and they're reporting 1.3~1.325V with a DMM in the other H2O bios thread. Probably my board goes to 1.325~1.3V as well however I pretty much can't move past 1557 regardless.