Posts by SpankyMcFlych

Personally I think it should be legal to nudge (RAM) people doing less then the speed limit for no reason. Including cyclists. If the cops really cared about traffic safety they'd give out tickets to people doing unsafe speeds above the speed limit, but also anyone doing less then the speed limit and disrupting the flow of traffic. If everyone just did exactly the speed limit traffic would flow so much better.
Before criticizing Snowden for fleeing to russia you should probably do something about the govt gestapo that would have thrown him in prison forever and probably tortured him for sport. I highly doubt if he enjoys the fact that he had to flee his own country and abandon his life and family to live in a backwards place like russia for his own safety. edit: Seriously. What would have been the outcome if he had stayed in the US? He'd be in prison right now suffering all...
This is what comes to mind any time a thread like this pops up. http://dresdencodak.com/2009/09/22/caveman-science-fiction/
The chimera's most scientists are probably interested in are things like inserting a select human gene into a lab rat in order to study that gene. Like taking a disease causing gene from humans and making a lab rat line with that gene in order to study the disease. I know right! Such a scary chimera! But don't worry america. While you're off de-funding education and science while instilling ignorance and fear into your populace the rest of the world will be advancing...
I think most people tend to lump africa together as one big mass because from top to bottom and side to side africa is pretty much one big mass of civil wars, genocides, famines, droughts, epidemics, overpopulation, ect ect. And along with all that negativity africa as a whole contributes almost nothing to the common prosperity of homo sapiens. That list of african inventions is chock full of stuff from thousands of years ago, or from expat africans who had to flee to...
Guys. Guys! It's not a big deal guys! Having your tech demo fail isn't really a bad thing guys! It happens to everyone guys! lol, nothing personal. I know tech demo's fail sometimes, I just find it amusing to see people jump to their defense. Ya, tech demo's fail sometimes... that doesn't mean it isn't embarrassing and a potential black mark about the product heh. Especially when it's a product that costs this much lol. You'd think they'd have the bugs worked out on...
Well duh. The XBone is 2 year old hardware I should hope the steambox beats it. Thank you captain obvious.
How far did that go? If bulldozer has 7 full strength cores and 1 core that's gimped or shares resources or whatever then that seems awfully similar to nvidia with it/s 3.5GB and .5GB of gimped memory. If AMD did release a chip with 7 full cores and 1 gimped core then I don't really see an issue with suing them for it. I would hope they don't get a lot of monetary damage, but it would force AMD to be more honest in their advertising.I kinda think every corporation could do...
Actually the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere are nowhere near historical levels, please don't spout misinformation. And no, what we've done can't be" fixed" in any reasonable timeframe. Unless you advocate killing 90% of humanity to reduce emissions to insignificant levels? Our emissions go up every year and the fact that you're here posting on the internet instead of living as a subsistence farmer shows that you have no intention of reducing your personal emissions...
I think a lot of people find this study laughable because it goes against our own life experiences. Most of the men I know have a console and play off and on. Very few of the women do. I know my life is anecdotal and has a small sample size, but I don't doubt that most peoples real life experience is like this. Does the study count more then just xbox ps wii as consoles? If they count handhelds and tablets as consoles that could change things, but I doubt if any of us...