Posts by SpankyMcFlych

As things stand now we're all equal before the law whatever our origin. Once a person is born they're a citizen with full rights, and it doesn't matter if some corporation created them. Imagine the scandal if google had someone cloned a bunch and put all those clones in some experiment. If it came out it would be the end of google and anyone who had any part of it would end up in jail. I know corporations are legally "people" but some things are beyond the pale and the...
We're going to be practicing eugenics on a large scale on ourselves fairly soon. Or more precisely on our children. I expect that sooner or later we will be screening our genetics for flaws and correcting those flaws at the sperm/egg level when we have children. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the rich and powerful were already doing it. And it's only a short step from correcting flaws to choosing things like higher intelligence, or eye color, ect.
I see ya'll have swallowed the "it's a big country" excuse hook line and sinker. It's all lies and bull. It doesn't matter that there is a lot of wildspace and podunk towns, the ISP's are ignoring them anyways. A city is a city is a city. New york has the same sort of population densities as any other major city, and it's a hell of a lot closer physically to most of the internets content then europe and asia, but the ISP's will still try to con you into not holding them to...
Global warming is inevitable because we are on the upswing of warming coming off the last major iceage. This cycle is a natural part of how the planet works and will eventually end with the antarctic and the arctic with no more ice. Accelerated warming... I am skeptical of, but the general scientific consensus is that we are accelerating it to some greater or lesser degree. I'm skeptical because it seems more and more like a scam to push carbon credit wealth transfer...
E-mail shouldn't be any different then physical mail, whoever provides it. It should be a felony for anyone to open mail without a warrant.
Unless you want to kill off 90% of the human population and regress to hunter gatherer lifestyles global warming is inevitable and whining about it is pointless. We should just accept that an accelerated warming period is unavoidable and in many ways beneficial and put plans in place to deal with the downsides. If people were serious about global warming they would be planning for how to relocate coastal cities out of the area's where sea rise will inevitably swamp them,...
But that's the thing, cloning isn't any more exact then identical twins. Twins begin to diverge from the moment they split into separate beings. Clones do the exact same thing. Clones start from the same baseline but environmental factors will begin to diverge their genetic makeup in the same way twins will.This position that clones are exact copies would only have meaning if we had a machine that pumped out xeroxed copies of people (or animals). But we don't. Clones...
You keep describing clones in ways that would apply equally to twins. I don't know what you're trying to argue anymore.
And clones are two (or more) equal parts concepted at different times. Get it together seriously.
Twins are natural clones. A clone is just another human being and nothing anyone can fearmonger about can change that. A clone would still need to be gestated and born. They would still need to be raised by parents. They would begin deviating from the baseline genetic info they started with in the exact same way natural clones do. Anyone who thinks clones are bad took star wars a little too seriously. They're neither good nor bad. They're just artificially created twins...