Posts by SpankyMcFlych

I was looking forward to this game, but finding out the dev lied straight up about multiplayer being in the game I've rethought purchasing. I don't really care if it's good or bad, I'm not going to support liars. I maaaaay revisit the decision at some point in the future if the devs somehow redeem themselves and if the games price goes way down. Not holding my breath.
As corporations are social constructs and aren't citizens and have zero rights I see nothing wrong with "treating the symptoms" (ie regulating) if that's what we wish to do for whatever reason. If we decide to regulate mircrosoft so they can't use their monopoly to abuse citizens instead of stripping them of all their patents and copyrights and opening up the market to competition like we should then so be it. Personally I'd rather strip any corporation approaching any...
The high profile political dissidents and whistleblowers in the united states recently have all had to flee the country or get thrown in jail.And if you're going whine about chinas human rights record I suggest you look at the body count racked up in the middle east by america in the last 15 years. Seriously. It is the height of hypocrisy for you americans to lecture anyone else in the world on human rights or privacy.
This "but so and so is doing it too so what's the big deal" argument needs to stop. It's like you people are 3 years old and need "two wrongs don't make a right" explained to you. Seriously. Get better parents if this is the best they could do.
Personally I don't see a downside to a country enforcing higher privacy standards either. It would be nice if our govts cared about us as much as France's apparently does. It's past time for the ownership of little data to be given back to the people. As for what they can do... there are treaties for a reason. Microsoft would have to be based in some non treaty bound corporate stooge country if they wanted to avoid this sort of thing. Based in america they're at least...
Look on the bright side. At least they didn't label him a terrorist and have him assassinated via drone strike. They'll just throw him in prison to get raped daily for the rest of his life all so that rich scum can get richer. mmmm smell that Justice.
The only hysteria I've seen in this thread (and that other one) is from the people who're moaning about how the tesla should be banned and elon should get sued because some darwin award contender got killed misusing it when so far the technology (with it's admittedly limited sample size) appears to be safer then normal cars are.
Beta is just a word, brakes were being beta tested by drivers on the roads at some point, ditto seat belts, ABS, disc brakes, ect ect ect. They just didn't call it beta testing back then. Googles car is being beta tested now. They're just carefully avoiding calling it that. Anecdotes don't matter, statistics do. Look at the statistics. If the system increases accidents then there is obviously something wrong with it. If the system reduces accidents then it's obviously of...
Doesn't matter. Insurance premiums will drive adoption and eventual phase out of human drivers.
Dude no offense... but you're delusional.We will see more accidents involving autonomous cars and assist cars as time goes on yes, but overall accidents will decline as human drivers are removed from the roads. And if by taking forever to make decisions you mean effectively instantaneously since it's a computer then I guess you're right. And who cares if autonomous cars won't be able to handle places like budapest? In civilized countries there are modern roads with traffic...