Posts by SpankyMcFlych

... About as much as there is for bigfoots and alien abductions I guess. Perhaps a forum dedicated to myths and hocupocus would be more welcoming to you, rather then one for technology and science.
I doubt if anyone really means forever when they speak of immortality. Nobody expects to outlast the heat death of the universe. Personally immortity to me is living until i choose to die, and not having death forced upon me. Once science solves aging the human race will balance out at some new average lifespan with accidents and chosen death being the way we all end up going. Be it 100 years or 200 or 400 or a thosand. And you're probably in the wrong forum to be...
I hope all the people who're afaid of immortality reject All human advances in preserving life and die at 30 like nature intended.
Wireless may be saturated in urban environments, but rural is entirely different. I think wireless probably is the future for rural internet, but it will take govt intervention to make any sort of improvement (wireless or wired) for rural. The isp's won't bother otherwise because they don't care abount the small number of rural users. As to the plan to subsidize... didn't the govt learn the last time they gave money to the isp's to improve infrastructure? Watch your govt...
I doubt if this will ever happen personally, due to what would undoubtedly be staggering real world costs (as opposed to the "estimates"). But jeebus people, at least read the article before exposing your willful ignorance. Traction was covered, snow was covered, dirt was covered, natural disasters were covered.
Not needing to do snow removal in the winter should be enough all on its own to pay for city roads, driveways and sidewalks to be paved like this (eventually). Considering they always show endless proofs of how solar panels pay for themselves in X time, the fact that nobody ever actually installs more then token amounts kinda makes the big oil conspracies more believable. Either that or their numbers are completely made up and solar panels never actually cover their added...
I'm still scratching my head after all these years wondering why these games are all called far cry when they have nothing to do with eachother. I dunno, am i the only person that thinks "sequels" should have some sort of connection?
What do you chumps expect? If ya'll had refused to buy any multiplayer game where we couldn't host our own servers then this wouldn't come up. Keep paying ea to treat you like trash and you will continue to be treated like trash. And deserve it. No pity from me. Ive come to the conclusion that most consumers are blind and dumb and have the memory of gnats.
The stats ive seen say that there is enough ice above sea level to raise sea levels 90 meters. So meh, 6 feet may be what we'll see during our lifetimes (6 inches sounds more realistic to me) but theres a lot more to come. I live well above that level so i honestly dont care, but sucks to be all you coastal dwellers. Start planning now for the next major city to get swamped like new orleans. I say this knowing full well nobody will prepare and much tragic wailing and...
Was it just terrain data or did they actually have structures and roads and stuff? And doesnt minecraft have a limited vertical scale? Would be kinda hard to accurately map real mountains and skyscrapers and whatnot.