Posts by SpankyMcFlych

Only a compete corporate scumbag wouldn't see that fragmenting the market by peripherals is a bad idea. If facebook has it's way then the game market will be cut up into little chunks and if you want to play X game then you'll need a very specific selection of hardware peripherals. Gotta have the occulus, gotta have a razer mouse, gotta have a logitech keyboard, gotta have an nvidia video card, gotta have beats headphones. And if you meet that criteria then you get to play...
Companies only say "it's not about specs" when they cheap out and know that their hardware is low end garbage.
The first one was good, but I already had an xbox. Bought the pc version later as well and it was certainly showing it's console roots. More of the same isn't going to be enough to get me to buy an xbone, and if #2 is as obviously a console port as #1 was then I don't think it would be worth the bother for pc either. I will certainly be watching closely for developments though.
It's like ubisoft is schizophrenic or something. One week they're taking a dump all over pc gamers and the next they're all "Hey we love you guys!".
If it ever came to pass that I needed to grant access to a facebook profile to get a job or a place to live I would probably finally be motivated enough to sign up for facebook. That profile however would be some idealized version of me with nothing controversial in it, with a solid work history at respectable companies, and with glowing testimonials from former landlords. There would be absolutely nothing personal in it. I would be a non denominational religious person,...
meh. Too late, uninstalled. Not downloading it again any time soon. I suppose I got my moneys worth (0$) and the game was an ok experience leveling up, but honestly the rampant cheating is just a small part of why people aren't sticking with the game.
Pretty much anyone with a basic work ethic, the self control necessary not to screw up their lives (teenage parenthood, ect), and ability to control their spending can afford to play video games. A pay gate is a very basic way to screen out only the most screwed up of people.For all that, it does seem like an insurmountable barrier to some. One has to wonder why some people can't even manage basic life planning.
I say guilt by proxy! Ban whole families and their descendants too! Ban their neighbors for good measure. Ban the cheaters until they go crying home to mommy.
I don't think the rest of the world needs to worry all that much, china's neighbors on the other hand are less secure. If china ends up with a lot of unemployed young men causing civil unrest then a couple wars against "foreign aggressors!" with suitably high casualty figures becomes an attractive option for unscrupulous leaders.
I wonder what china will do with it's billions of unemployed peasants once they replace everyone with robots. It will be bad enough in places with low populations, but china dwarfs the rest of the world. I also wonder if china will manage to keep all the worlds manufacturing. Once the people are replaced with robots the cheap chinese slave labor ceases to be a reason to use chinese manufacturing. I guess they'll just have to rely on the abysmal environmental controls to...