Posts by SpankyMcFlych

I'm sure you're just a bastion of knowledge on the subject.
One of the best things about living where there is actual cold winters is it kills all the bugs for half the year. Less bugs = good in my book. And no, this is not a threat to the human species, stop being dramatic.
I think we all know this is a futile wish.
You mean the 90% of the general public who think it's a crying shame that those mean scientists took away pluto's status like that? I understand the reasoning, and I don't really care other then the nostalgia factor, my post was just a bit of fun and a half serious way to solve the endless back and forth between the scientists and the general public on pluto's status. Honorary planet status bestowed as a one time thing for pluto given it's history with people, with a...
Take that science! lol
NASA should get together with all the other space agencies in the world and bestow honorary planet status on pluto. Like an honorary doctorate for a famous person. They'e doctor so and so now, but you certainly wouldn't let them do anything with it. Pluto can be a planet (but not really), and everyone can call it a planet without the endless arguing, and scientists can call it a planet (with an included footnote saying not really) without having to argue with all the...
It's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it. It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine. Just like flooding disasters or forest fires or hurricanes or earthquakes our species has incredibly short term memory and planning skills. If it hasn't happened in living memory then on the whole our species will not expect, plan for, or prepare for any disaster and there's nothing much any of us can do to change that other then to...
I wouldn't be so quick to make that call. With domestic spying it's perfectly reasonable to assume that your Govt. IS out to get you, whereas foreign spying they don't really care about the peasants, they're after the elites. There are all sorts of situations where having your own govt spying on you could be very detrimental to your own well being wheres foreign spys wouldn't care in the least what you an individual are doing, unless you become important enough to...
This argument has always bugged me. I can see the rational, but it's easy to sit one removed from the situation and judge. If someone is trying to harm you I think it's nobodies business but your own what force level you respond with. Sure a dude might just be going to punch you a couple times and then back off, but he might be a crazy person who beats you to death with his bare hands. Sure he might just be going to threaten you with a knife, but he might be a crazy person...
Until you change your constitution people are going to legally own guns. Until you change your constitution your citizens have an inalienable right to bear arms and it doesn't matter how much gnashing of teeth people indulge in, that won't change. This is one of the pillars of your founding you're talking about like it's just an antiquated custom your granny indulged in.So change your constitution because until then complaining about guns is about as useful as a fart in...