Posts by SpankyMcFlych

I'm sure by the time they have the technology they'll have the skill to program filtering to pass through useful picture data without it becoming a wash of static.
I think it'll be interesting someday when they have camera's the can view the entire electromagnetic spectrum and combine it all into one picture for the human eye to see.
This shilling needs to stop. Games shouldn't be 100$ per. Prices are determined by competition and by what consumers are willing to pay. Game makers are making record profits every year because while the price hasn't really changed in the last 20 years the market size has skyrocketed. Game makers sell many many many more copies of their games then they did in the past. That's where the ever higher profits they make are coming from even though prices haven't really...
I don't know why those 3 incidents are dilemma's. If a bunch of morons are crossing the street illegally then I expect my self driving car to do it's best to avoid them, but if the choice is killing them or me then I expect it to laugh while it runs the jaywalkers over.Likewise if the choice is running over 10 jaywalkers or one law abiding person on the sidewalk then it should again run over the jaywalkers.I would expect the car to prioritize people who are obeying the law...
Consumers as a whole are uneducated, stupid chumps. They don't want to be educated, and they don't want to learn from the past. They don't mind being ripped off, they don't remember that they were ripped off during a previous purchase. They don't care if a game is pay to win. They don't have the basic human intelligence to add up all the microtransactions they shell out to see what the true cost is. Just like in many aspects of life, video game consumers as a whole...
The same way research stations on Antarctica don't give the nations who build them a claim to the land, research stations on the moon or mars won't count as claiming the land there either. There has to be some sort of temporary ownership of the immediate area around a building that everyone agrees to for things like this to work, but it doesn't mean a nation owns the moon just by building something on it.Going by your logic satellites are breaking the treaty by claiming...
Article 2 just says nobody can claim things in space for a nation. Like, europe or russia can't claim the moon as part of their nations by putting an outpost there. But that doesn't mean they can't put a base there I wouldn't think. The eventual mars mission will work the same way, some nation can build a base there for exploration and research, but they can't use that base as justification for claiming parts of mars for their...
The "dark" side still gets a light and dark cycle with the sun, it's only dark to the earth. When it's between the earth and the sun the dark side is in daylight and when it's on the far side of the earth it's in night. So the dark side will still get the temperature cycles brought about by a day and night cycle.The dark side though is probably the closest place we could put a telescope where it would spend half it's rotation blocking the sun and the earth out of view...
The "dark" side of the moon would probably be useful for telescopes and whatnot. Get a much better view of the cosmos when the dark side is facing away from the sun.Those people should grow some food then or something, it's nothing to do with us. We can't force the backwards parts of the world to accept the rule of law, to form stable governments, to reduce their populations to manageable levels, and to stop killing eachother. They have to do these things for themselves. ...
I don't think a change to autonomous cars is some evil dystopian future of mindless drones being driven around. It's just a natural progression of technology. If we ever develop practical personal flying technology it will make roads entirely obsolete and nobody would complain about wanting to drive around then. If we ever develop teleportation technologies (ala star teks transporter beam) it will do away with vehicles altogether, and it wouldn't be a terrible change then...