Posts by SpankyMcFlych

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they could build an autonomous race car that would fairly quickly learn to consistently beat the pants off of human drivers at any race. Which would result in people tuning out because how boring would that be. Thus we'll never see it because the racing industry isn't interested in going out of business.
Just think how much safer riding a motorcycle would be if the cars and trucks were all automated. You would never have to worry again that someone might change lanes into you because they didn't see you, or turn left across traffic right in front of you.I would imagine motorcycles would be one of the last holdouts for manually driven vehicles, but sooner or later I would imagine the insurance costs would become prohibitive.
what happens when people hit bad weather?? Snow? Whiteout? Hail? They get into accidents and go into the ditch in huge numbers. Self driving cars will have visual camera's as well as other senses like radar so I bet they'll be far better equipped to deal with reduced visibility weather then humans are. And again, all they have to be is better at it then humans are, and driving to conditions would probably be all that's required to better humans.The first day of snow in...
It doesn't matter what all the Luddites think, all self driving cars have to be is better then human drivers and the hurdle for that isn't very high at all. They're already better then human drivers at select things, and will soon reach the point where they're fully road worthy in all situations and weathers and on all roads. Once that happens the economics of insurance will drive adoption and eventually phase out manual driving altogether. The cost of human error in...
That's the problem, gene roddenberry invented star trek. Not an amoral sociopathic profit machine that would skin babies for a nickel (aka a corporation). Everything is created by people, but somehow the corporations always end up owning everything, and through them the 1% who create nothing, who invent nothing and who build nothing.The copyright and patent system as they are now have been bastardized to do the opposite of what they were originally intended to do, all at...
Oh has Gene Roddenberry come back from the grave to defend his creation? Cause I perfectly understand where an artist would want to control their creation to see it cared for and to prevent it from being debased. No? It's just a soulless corporation who now owns a part of our culture in perpetuity? Well screw them and screw their copyright. Fine, corps can own patents. But corporations don't create art, and they shouldn't be allowed to own the copryrights of our cultural...
I don't think it's counter intuitive. If you smell rotten eggs somethings gone wrong and you should be evacuating and informing emergency regardless if it's from a well or tank or pipe that's leaking H2S or from a pipe or tank that's leaking natural gas with the additive. Where I'm from they add the smell to natural gas everywhere (heck, I thought it was a universal thing, but I'd still think it's regulated with the additive all across canada), we also have sour wells all...
Hey lol, what's that quote about giving up freedom for security... A perfect example right here.
I guess this is just collateral damage from all the fear-mongering about drones you see in the media. Gotta keep the populace terrified in order to herd them in the desired direction. If banning RC toys because they're technically drones in the same way military drones are is the result then so be it.
So it's not a production well that's leaking, it's a natural formation in the ground that they've pumped methane into for storage. I wonder if they pressured it up too much caused fractures to leak outside the well location or if the well itself is busted in such a way that they can't repair it (which seems hard to imagine. At worst they should be able to just cement the heck out of the whole thing if needs be). Either way since it's a storage formation there'll be way way...