Posts by SpankyMcFlych

Nothing's gonna break. There is too much trade between the superpowers now, and their economics are too intertwined to have anything drastic happen. They both depend on eachother too much to rock the boat. News stories like these are saber rattling at an external boogeyman used to point an oblivious and stupid population to external "threats" in order to minimize and ignore internal issues.
An infinite multiverse is a fun idea to me. To think that any and all human creativity exists somewhere in the multiverse is awesome. In an infinite multiverse Star Wars exists, generic star wars, extended universe star wars, original trilogy star wars, prequel starwars, solo shot first star wars, solo shot 2nd star wars, fan fiction star wars, infinite permutations of star wars, each with it's own fully real universe. And that's just one story. To make you groan sparky...
I thought the whole purpose of having windows 8 and windows phones and tablets was compatibility. ie: apps and programs that work across all of them. So why would they make this game separate for phone and PC?
The people supplying the taxes are the same whether federal, state, or municipal. If the bridges are the responsibility of the municipal level of govt that doesn't mean the federal level is absolved of any responsibility. A dollar of taxes received by the federal govt is no different then a dollar received by municipal, and Joe taxpayer doesn't care if his tax dollars are spent by a federal or a state or a municipal govt to fix the bridge. If the municipal govt doesn't...
This is what happens when you use questionable wars to funnel a ton of your tax dollars through the military industrial complex and into the pockets of your rich overlords, instead of spending it on infrastructure. I betcha the bomb factories in the united states are shiny and new. Unless ya'll outsource gun and bomb making to china I guess.
I wonder who is behind all this "hysteria" about guns and 3D printers. Or which industry perhaps. Which industry or rich person see's 3D printers as a threat to their revenue and wants them banned/regulated ect. This continuous stream of news stories about using 3D printers to make guns seems awfully contrived and one sided when any reasonable person can see that anyone with an ounce of experience and some tools can manufacture their own guns, but this fact is always...
^this. Corporations shouldn't be allowed a voice in politics. Zero tolerance. They aren't people, they aren't citizens. If a politician wants to know something about an industry to make an informed decision he should go to industry himself and they should answer his questions in a succinct and prompt manner.We're all just howling at the moon about this sort of thing though. Nothing will change.
Nobody can give africa political stability, less corruption, a belief in education, a desire to not make war on eachother, and a willingness to use condoms. Africa has to take these things for itself.The west has been sending money, food and medicine to africa for my entire life and all we have to show for it is ever increasing numbers of africans starving and dying of disease and war. I doubt if googles wireless internet will benefit africa in any real way either, until...
Soulless amoral corporation that would skin babies for a nickel of profit*: "Trust us." * this description applies to all corporations and is an inherent aspect of their structure
meh. From their video this is a miraculous and amazing program that has no downsides and somehow solves all sorts of problems that are inherent in 3d mapping. Not just one problem with a miraculous and amazing solution, but multiple. If it sounds too good to be true... If it does work, then I want google earth to put the laser mapping thingamabob on their google street view cars and incorporate this technology into google earth. But color me a skeptic. And did anyone...