Posts by SpankyMcFlych

This "but so and so is doing it too so what's the big deal" argument needs to stop. It's like you people are 3 years old and need "two wrongs don't make a right" explained to you. Seriously. Get better parents if this is the best they could do.
Personally I don't see a downside to a country enforcing higher privacy standards either. It would be nice if our govts cared about us as much as France's apparently does. It's past time for the ownership of little data to be given back to the people. As for what they can do... there are treaties for a reason. Microsoft would have to be based in some non treaty bound corporate stooge country if they wanted to avoid this sort of thing. Based in america they're at least...
Look on the bright side. At least they didn't label him a terrorist and have him assassinated via drone strike. They'll just throw him in prison to get raped daily for the rest of his life all so that rich scum can get richer. mmmm smell that Justice.
The only hysteria I've seen in this thread (and that other one) is from the people who're moaning about how the tesla should be banned and elon should get sued because some darwin award contender got killed misusing it when so far the technology (with it's admittedly limited sample size) appears to be safer then normal cars are.
Beta is just a word, brakes were being beta tested by drivers on the roads at some point, ditto seat belts, ABS, disc brakes, ect ect ect. They just didn't call it beta testing back then. Googles car is being beta tested now. They're just carefully avoiding calling it that. Anecdotes don't matter, statistics do. Look at the statistics. If the system increases accidents then there is obviously something wrong with it. If the system reduces accidents then it's obviously of...
Doesn't matter. Insurance premiums will drive adoption and eventual phase out of human drivers.
Dude no offense... but you're delusional.We will see more accidents involving autonomous cars and assist cars as time goes on yes, but overall accidents will decline as human drivers are removed from the roads. And if by taking forever to make decisions you mean effectively instantaneously since it's a computer then I guess you're right. And who cares if autonomous cars won't be able to handle places like budapest? In civilized countries there are modern roads with traffic...
A deer at night is probably one of the easier things for sensors to see. A combination of radar and thermal imaging should be more then enough to see a deer and react to it far better then human eyes can. And this sort of thing could be used for assisted systems as well before fully autonomous cars. You might not see the deer (or the child darting into the street), but the driving assist might see it and brake in time to avoid a collision for you. Sorta like the systems...
Yeah, but in the grand scheme unavoidable accidents are that tiny 1% that won't be eliminated. Wildlife accidents... some might be unavoidable, but I think most will be eliminated by autonomous cars. The sensors they have and will have in the future are just beyond what human vision and awareness and reaction times are capable of. I hit a deer a couple years ago, I just didn't see it in time when it popped up out of the ditch. I still had enough time to slow my vehicle and...
You know, thinking about it autonomous driving is the death knell of the automotive insurance industry. Currently insurance is a multi billion dollar industry and when autonomous driving vehicles reduce accidents by whatever percentage (lets say 90-99%) that is a 90-99% reduction in the insurance industry and a 90-99% reduction of the profit they make. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see big insurance pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into lobbying...