Posts by SpankyMcFlych

Global warming is inevitable because we are on the upswing of warming coming off the last major iceage. This cycle is a natural part of how the planet works and will eventually end with the antarctic and the arctic with no more ice. Accelerated warming... I am skeptical of, but the general scientific consensus is that we are accelerating it to some greater or lesser degree. I'm skeptical because it seems more and more like a scam to push carbon credit wealth transfer...
E-mail shouldn't be any different then physical mail, whoever provides it. It should be a felony for anyone to open mail without a warrant.
Unless you want to kill off 90% of the human population and regress to hunter gatherer lifestyles global warming is inevitable and whining about it is pointless. We should just accept that an accelerated warming period is unavoidable and in many ways beneficial and put plans in place to deal with the downsides. If people were serious about global warming they would be planning for how to relocate coastal cities out of the area's where sea rise will inevitably swamp them,...
But that's the thing, cloning isn't any more exact then identical twins. Twins begin to diverge from the moment they split into separate beings. Clones do the exact same thing. Clones start from the same baseline but environmental factors will begin to diverge their genetic makeup in the same way twins will.This position that clones are exact copies would only have meaning if we had a machine that pumped out xeroxed copies of people (or animals). But we don't. Clones...
You keep describing clones in ways that would apply equally to twins. I don't know what you're trying to argue anymore.
And clones are two (or more) equal parts concepted at different times. Get it together seriously.
Twins are natural clones. A clone is just another human being and nothing anyone can fearmonger about can change that. A clone would still need to be gestated and born. They would still need to be raised by parents. They would begin deviating from the baseline genetic info they started with in the exact same way natural clones do. Anyone who thinks clones are bad took star wars a little too seriously. They're neither good nor bad. They're just artificially created twins...
Speeding up climate change isn't doing "irreversible damage". Again, this is why nobody takes climate change seriously: because the climate change fanatics deal in fearmogering and hyperbole instead of facts.Personally I figure people can easily adapt to a warming climate as it gradually warms over the next thousand years. More like 30 generations, not 2 or 3.
We're all replaceable when the time comes to automate. It's just a matter of time. I wonder what we're all going to do with ourselves when there aren't any laborer jobs, or cashier jobs, or cook jobs, or mechanic jobs, or driving jobs, or even surgeon jobs. Betcha a bunch of wars break out that require actual soldiers instead of drones and our populations are all heavily reduced by said wars. It will all be a coincidence of course.
Jeez, this thread went to crap fast. I would encourage everyone who thinks we shouldn't play god and that we should live as nature intended to not use antibiotics or vaccines, and to die at 30 like we did for a hundred thousand years. Like nature intended. Meanwhile the rest of us will be reaching for immortality and we will choose when we wish to die instead of leaving it to chance and mother nature.