Posts by SpankyMcFlych

You keep stating your opinion as fact when it's unsupported by the actual data. There is no need for everyone to have driver assist because each car that has it adds incrementally to the safety of our roads. It would be impossible for everyone to have it at this stage as it's new technology. What you're arguing for is for the technology to never be implemented because it is physically impossible for all cars to have it until far into the future.
I notice you, like all the other naysayers in this thread carefully ignore the meat of my argument: If the system whatever it's flaws reduces accidents and fatalities over unassisted driving it is of benefit whatever isolated cases of failure occur.It will respond how it's programmed to respond. Said programming will with time respond better then humans can do so (and probably already does).
I highly doubt if the driver assist was what set his speed far in excess of traffic. The reports are that he was smoking along well above the speed limit. Doubtful if teslas driver assist would do so. I get the argument that making driving easier (and safer) will make people careless. However you have to prove that overall it will cause an increase in accidents and fatalities for the technology to be an overall negative and not worth using. Sure there will be a handful of...
No, it failed to prevent it. Big difference. The tesla didn't make this fatal collision possible, both drivers making mistakes is what caused this crash and the tesla ultimately just wasn't good enough to overcome human error. The makers of tesla are undoubtedly even now striving to improve their technology to ensure that it CAN in the future. Even now statistics show that this sort of thing improves driving outcomes, and as limitations are overcome it will continue to...
Statistics > Anecdotes
How is implementing technology that will reduce automotive accidents and fatalities risking public safety? Once again anecdotes don't trump statistics.
Anecdotes are meaningless, statistics should drive policy. And statistically I bet vehicles with the driver assist are safer then those without, and once there are fully autonomous vehicles they will also be far safer then manually driven vehicles. Yes errors will occur, unforeseen circumstances will happen, and limitations of technology will cause problems. But assisted driving and autonomous vehicles will still be far superior to human drivers even with theses early...
Nothing's free in this world... I don't know why I'm bothering to repeat this since it's obvious by this point that most people are perfectly content to sell themselves.
You people need to stop parroting this. The hot coffee lawsuit wasn't a frivolous lawsuit and if you were at all honest you wouldn't keep going back to it like it's some example of an overly litigious society.
I thought the way it was now you could install/reinstall windows as many times as you wanted with the only limitation being it has to be on the same computer. And the same computer counts as any hardware change you want except for a motherboard. A new motherboard = a new computer = a new windows license. So now are they going to force you to buy a new license after your third reformat/reinstall or something? Change your ram, then later change your hard drive, and then...