Posts by SpankyMcFlych

I don't watch TV anymore because of ads. I don't buy magazines because of ads. I don't even read the paper anymore because of ads. I think I can survive without random generic "news" website, and if it comes down to it without most websites. There will always be people out there who don't sell their souls to fund their website. Advertisers deliberately lie to and manipulate people in order to con them out of money for goods and/or services they don't need. The world...
The country with the highest "security" spending in the world wants to increase it further. Color me shocked. In all honesty this is the sort of thing that should have been done years ago. It just boggles the mind how much money the states funnels out of the middle class and into the parasitic class by way of military spending. And now that number will continue to spiral further out of control.
If you really believe apple is bricking phones that have received non apple repairs out of security concerns and not money concerns you're more then a little naive.
This is the kind of thing that should get the regulators out with their neck stepping boots to put apple (or any corp that pulls shenanigans like this) back in it's place. Alas, sorry about that oligopoly you guys live in down in the states.
Hey think of it this way. If a corporations lawyers are busy defending against class actions (frivolous or justified) then they're less likely to go off patent trolling or engaging in other scummy shenanigans.
And so it begins. The neverending posts of anecdotal "I bought 1 drive once and it never had a problem". Honestly who cares if your minuscule sample of seagate drives are just fine. Statistically they're not. Win or lose (and lets be real, they're probably going to win), seagate loses either way due to the bad publicity in this.
How is the current lead theory about the earth/moon formation a "discredited model"?
Bailouts of any large corporation are simply wealth transfers from the middle class to the parasitic rich class. Let amd sink, let their patents get sold off to cover debts and let the rich debt holders eat the remaining losses. See if any new player enters the market with amds patents and if not then breakup intel and nvidia. That's what should happen when one company uses shady business practices to dominate a market and establishes a monopoly. Stop giving money to the...
ahh man. There goes the game's lofty goals. Here comes reduced expectations and limited scope. All to fit in gimped console land. When a game is made for pc it should stay made for pc. If the finished game is then cut down and ported in diminished state to run on consoles that's fine, but when a console version gets developed during development it always means compromises forced onto the pc version. oh well.
They missed the boat with me. At release I probably would have bought an xbox one to play halo and crackdown on, if they had been backwards compatible. But they weren't and I lost interest in xbox games entirely when my 360 finally red ringed. so meh. Too little. Too late.