Posts by Mrip541

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure what section was correct. I've had a stable system (2500k @ 4.3 on air, 8gigs GSkill, 7970, crossfired a few months ago, 2 Crucial M4s) for a long time. I recently left town for 2 weeks and when I came back my system started acting up immediately. How it broke itself while it was turned off I have no idea. I'm getting what I can only describe as a slow-developing hard lock that leaves no event log other than 2 events...
I'd much rather wait in line for a couple hours than not even be allowed to buy the game.
"Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days." I'm pissed.
I definitely heard this 10 years ago. Believe it when I see it.
Great, thanks.
I want to move my gf's iTunes library, completely intact with all her metadata, playlist, etc, to a new build. I've had this issue before and figured it out with some help but have now totally forgotten what I did and can't find the thread. My plan is to copy the entire iTunes folder to an external drive, copy her media folder to the same external . Then I make new build, install windows, hook up external, give it the same drive letter her media folder used to be on,...
Great, thanks. I was just wondering because the instructions that came with mine said to place thermal conductive tape over the vrms (to prevent shorting) and then glue the heatsinks to the tape, which doesn't really work very well. The tape simply doesn't stick even after I thoroughly cleaned the vrms with alcohol. In addition, the thermal glue has dried overnight to the consistency of a putty rather than, say, dried glue and it inspires little confidence of success. I...
Shilka, it looks like there's not adhesive tape in that video. Is it ok to put the glue directly on the vrms?
Great, thanks. With my fans on auto it will go above 90 well before the fans ramp up to 100%. Kinda strange. I'm kind of looking for an excuse to use a different hsf anyway!
I've been trying to figure out the maximum safe temp for my XFX 7970 Double D Black Edition. The posts I see about 7970 temps are people saying things like “I like to keep mine under X temp” or “You’ll be safe it you keep it under X-ish temp” but as far as I can tell these numbers aren’t really based on facts from the manufacturer, so they’re really just guesses. Does anyone know the manufacturer’s official maximum temp for XFX 7970s or any other 7970? Thanks!