Posts by Pittster

The TY-140's were quiter at full RPM but I never really noticed a difference in Temp maybe 1-2 deg but thats not a big enough variable to say its a improvement, best thing was at the time Noctua didnt have a PWM fan available so the TY-140's were the go for me.
I have been running TY-140's for a couple of years now in my 24/7 on PC no noise in bearings still keeps my 2600k at 4.5ghz under 60deg with a 29deg ambient, still super quite. The fan clips work fine from the Original NH-D14 thought they were all a 120mm fan spacing ?
Yeah took some time to do nicely used a dremel to take the raw material off then 1200 wet and dry rub down to give it a smooth edge
Got sick of the air turbulence noise being produced by the side intake fan at full speed. So I ordered a DEMCI 140mm magnetic filter and have put it on the side and removed the intake fins that come standard these created alot of air turbulence.
Slight update. A few things changed over the last year. -Gone to a Samsung 830 256gb -Have ditched the LED lights. -Running Blue rings on corsair Fans -Got a second 670 for SLI action -Got sick of the air turbulence noise being produced by the side intake fan at full speed. So I ordered a DEMCI 140mm magnetic filter and have put it on the side and removed the intake fins that come standard these created alot of air turbulence. Just need to grab another set of...
Weird I have a 2600k at 4.5ghz and utilization on all 8 cores are around 40%-80% but fluctuates alot on 64 maps I also have core parking disabled.
Core parking disabled made a big difference in BF3 for me. Bf4 runs really good on my system and core parking is still disabled. HT core seemed to be affected by core parking. It stopped stuttering I had in BF3.
Being a member on quite a few different forum's the average maturity level & honesty of overclock.net is very high. I have been pondering whether to get this game and its good to see some honest answer's in here.
Doing the same test as above over 30 min with a ambient temp of 25deg my front averaged 32-33Deg Rear tower 28-29Deg on the top of the towers and add 5 deg to both those values while measuring at the lower section of the towers. That was at 4.5 1.31V with dual TY-140's at 1280rpm and I used a Fluke thermal Gun.
Hello all, So following on from this thread that I made http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh....php?t=1076487 Had some good feedback which put me down the path of grabbing a Asus RT-N56U due to lots of reading saying it was very stable and it was $100. So I have a graphic to assist on my current setup. The connection from the Billion is plugged into the 1st LAN port on the Asus as this was the only way I could get the whole setup to work. If it was plugged in the WEP...