Posts by Xylene

YHPM
I think I am going to go with an EVGA 650Ti and just cut the case. I'll be using an i5-2500S (2.7ghz quad). I also have some single slot brackets that'll fit nVidia cards like the 650ti, but will block the mini HDMI, which I wouldn't use anyway. A refurb 650 ti 2GB is $110 on NewEgg.
Looking for a 650 or 650ti, has to be the really short kind.
I can't speak for that board, but with my Z77 Mpower, I lose them. Even if I save them to a USB drive, they don't work on any BIOS but the BIOS they were set up on. I'd write everything down just to play it safe.
I am looking for a GPU that'll fit in this case. I don't care if it's single or dual slot because I don't mind cutting it and removing the hard drive bracket for it to fit. Preferably something under $100, but about as strong as the GPU in an APU. Any suggestions? I am bummed my 6870 doesn't look like it'll fit, even though it's one of the shorter non-reference ones at about 8.5" I was thinking maybe something like this might be my best...
Temps seem way to low for an H80i. I was hitting 92c on my 3570k @ 1.325v 4.8ghz with an H100i at full blast with IBT. Prime95 blend gave me temps around 60.
Sent PM.
I went from an H100 to an H100i and the build quality seems a lot better. After a few times of removing and reinstalling the block on the H100, the top part where the fan speed selector is snapped right off.
Sent PM.
So what you're saying is 1.65v on IB is fine? I've read both opinions and just want to play it safe.