Posts by farmers

Yes, quite easy actually. Just edit the shortcut for Waterfox by right-clicking & selecting Properties. In the 'Target' box, you will se the path to the Waterfox program in quotes. After the closing quote, just add ' -P waterfox' (or any name you wish, other than 'default') without the quotes. The first time it opens, it will create a new profile directory for the named profile, separate from the Firefox one which will be called default. I've left out some of the technical...
Just a quick heads up for anyone testing that profiles work. If you have edited your profiles.ini as mentioned earlier in this thread, you should change IsRelative back to zero (the default). Otherwise you won't really be testing whether WF is fixed, as whatever the problem was appeared to be stopping it correctly handling this value.
Much appreciate the post about this. This is probably the only reason why I cannot use the regular Chrome browser. I know that default 'open' settings can be applied to filetypes, but I need an open or save prompt for every download (not programs of course - Firefox long ago dropped the open option for them, for security reasons, and I can handle that). There are many times when I will decide on a per-download basis whether I want it saved permanently or just opened and...
He comes across almost as some kind of religious nut. Apparently the mods are to be thanked for removing all the negative posts, and it's 'only' 3 or 4 months since the developer posted something to twitter (not here mind you) - so what's all the fuss about ? Those of us who are faithful will have our patience rewarded when the next version of WF is released. The same day it happens, the planets will align and a new era of world peace will begin .....
Oh wow - that sounds so creepy. Waterfox is currently about 3 versions behind, in recent months the developer has been heard from just once, and that was a tweet rather than a post to his own thread. Many (former?) users are - quite understandably - worried at the lack of updates or even communication. Yet this person feels the need to rebuke someone for daring to ask what the hell is going on, and remind us that it's only 2 months ago we heard that the program was still...
Yes, both Cyberfox and the htguardmozilla x64 project have had the V21 update out almost a week now ....
Shouldn't that bit read 'the last 2 versions' of Firefox now ? Waterfox is still on version 18.0.1, whilst Firefox is now on version 20.0.1 and fast approaching the end of the version 21 beta cycle.
That's not correct. Flash is available in 32-bit and 64-bit installers, and has been for a long time now. The 64-bit one includes (and installs) both versions of the software. Now it might indeed be wonky, but it's not true to say they only offer the 32-bit version.
Yes, my understanding is that Firefox Nightly is not intended for regular use - Mozilla do stress that obviously. Also, my reading of Mozilla's messages when they agreed to continue the X64 builds was that they're simply continuing to build them as they were doing before. They stressed at the time that their stance on X64 hadn't changed, and they're not actively working on X64 with a view to releasing it, simply providing the 'experimental' build because a number of...
You mean ONE of the other 64bit compiles. The HTGuard one was available for download on Tuesday.