Posts by opty165

Whats the point of a tech preview, if not to test to see what does and doesn't work. Some people may want to see if Windows 10 ,as it is now, works with Server essentials 2012. There isn't a lot of information and feedback on this particular topic yet, hence why I figured I would try to leave some useful feedback for others that may be looking into this. Besides, you'd think that Microsoft would at least enable this feature on the new Windows 10 Server essentials. But as I...
Just thought I would chime in and let everyone know that Windows 10 will not work with 2012 server essentials connector software. You can still join it to a domain like normal, but you won't have backup functions, file history, etc. From what I've searched, not even the Windows 10 server version with essential roll enabled will work. I'm sure support for it is coming though.
After playing with this TV for the past few days, I can say that you won't regret purchasing this. I did some color calibration from posts on AVS, but even out of the box it looked good to me. Haven't had a chance to test PC games at 4K yet, but I uploaded a 4K vid of some Destiny upscaled on this set from the Xbox One. I honestly think it upscales better off the PS4 though.... Would of been nice to save a couple hundred now that this deal has come out!
Do we have an Official owners club on OCN for this TV at all? Just something I was thinking about. I know AVS forum has an entire thread on it as well.
Is there any way to tell by looking at it? My 50in P series is being delivered tomorrow. I can at least conform it for everyone else.
I thought the only one of the P series that was confirmed to have an IPS panel is the 55in? The rest should be VA panels.
Is there data on these drives currently? Or are they blank drives? I've always used StableBit from the beginning, so I never had to worry about switching from WHS v1 storage pool to something different. I know when you add disks to the StableBit Drive Pool, it won't erase them or initialize them. But I would double check in the StableBit forums.
I can definitely give you some advice concerning this upgrade path you are taking. Just this past summer I moved my Windows Home Server 2011 over to Essentials 2012 R2. Be aware though, that Essentials requires you to setup a domain for your network. This is so it can handle PC backups, file history, and management. As for storage spaces, I can't really tell you much about it. I've never used Windows Homer Server's or 2012's built in storage pool solution. I've opted to...
Yea I did read your post lol. I only said that they are upping the speeds in certain area's. I don't know how you can say that I will never see those speeds though. Did you even read through the DSLReports thread I linked? If you did you would see that people are getting their advertised speeds in the deployment areas, and that a modem upgrade is required to support those speeds. During peek hours of usage however, the speeds would be less then advertised. This use to be...
Um... I think you need to read a little better before you decide to comment. I was definitely talking about TWC(Time Warner Cable) and not Comcast. The speed increases are already happening in the TWC market area's. I believe they started in NYC and Los Angeles with the roll-out, and now it seems they are pushing it out to more area's. A friend of mine got a call last week from TWC asking if he would like to upgrade to the new speed tier. It's called TWC Maxx, but I think...