Posts by opty165

I figured this had to due with the "Ok Google" detection. Yet again people will be blowing this out of proportion without having all the proper information on the matter.
They can be toggled off during the first time account setup after Windows has been installed/upgraded. Instead of clicking that express settings button you can manually configure different reporting options. I'm not sure if there are options after the fact to turn these off though.
I'm guessing you yourself have had some bad experiences with gaming on Windows 10? I can't say that I've had any significant issues here. The only time I had any problems was last fall with the first few technical previews. Since then gaming has improved with every build and new driver. I can't speak for Nvidia drivers, but so far the AMD drivers through Windows Updates have been pretty good so far.And a short answer as to why to upgrade. Progress.You don't have to upgrade...
This....No one should complain about this. You either become a tester to improve the OS and get the added benefit of a "free" upgrade from nothing, or you buy a license if you don't already have a genuine 7/8.1.Honestly the whole idea of being a perpetual beta tester doesn't sound all that bad. At this point it will be like beta testing the next version of OS X, except it will be something like "Windows 10.1.3?" I would imagine that once Windows 10 reaches the final...
Please give us performance ITX boards with Zen! I want to build an awesome SFF rig, but not with Intel parts.
I hope they do this soon. Chrome eats up all my RAM on my Surface Pro 3. Granted I only have the 4GB model, but still!
I'm sure I've owned an older AMD 500mhz or slower CPU in random HP towers; but my first AMD CPU I bought was an AMD Athlon 3000+ Venice core. Man that thing was amazing! Overclocking it was a breeze in my DFI nforce 4 Ultra board. This would of been around the time I joined OCN. 2006 I believe. I had a lot of help from many members back then with all my noobie questions!
I've always been a long time Western Digital fan when it comes to hard drives, although I do have 2 Hitachi 2TB Deskstars from 2010 still running like champs in my storage pool. After some searching around on Newegg I noticed these HGST 4TB NAS drives that has a 5 star rating among users! I understand HGST used to be Hitachi, but is now owned by Western Digital; so what drive would you recommend more? Based on the feedback alone on Newegg, I'd jump at the HGST right now!...
One L5640 would be a 6 core with HT, so 12 threads total for one chip. I've been able to support up to 3 concurrent users just fine with my dual E5530's which gives me 16 threads total. Like I said though, Plex will use all cores to 100% no matter how many you give it. I think it will work fine though.
Just looking to see what this kit is worth now a days. I know they were going for quite a bit since Samsung stop production of them. Not to mention they overclock up to 2133 and beyond for some! I'm currently running mine at 1866. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147096