Posts by opty165

This has been quite the thread... Honestly doesn't seem like you guys have much to complain about. You already have the Windows 7 "Gamer Edition" that you can pirate or make your own, and now HyperV 2012 CLI thanks to bavarianblessed recommendation above lol... This is all very ridiculous. Damn slow mondays
Well that sums it up pretty well! I can understand being an enthusiast, but nit picking about RAM usage that much? Damn....
Trying to understand, but I'm at a loss. Windows 7 works great for gaming, as does Windows 8.1 and even Windows 10 (9901) that I'm currently running. Why would we need a stripped down version? Each successive version of Windows since Vista has been more optimized, and easier on resources. I guess maybe if you are trying to run it on something of 2GB or less.....
You know.....They use to say that we would be just fine on 1.44MB floppy disks, and no one would need more then 8MB for anything
It's funny though, I use to see articles years ago that always said we were "running out" of bandwidth
For a singular average user, Gigabit is may be a bit of a waste. It all depends on what that person does. However for an average sized family with multiple internet users; that's where Gigabit shines. Within the next 1-2 years, 4K streaming will start to become the norm for a lot of people. We already know that 4K streaming from Netflix can take up quite a bit of bandwidth. Now times that by multiple users watching Netflix in the same house, plus maybe someone streaming a...
Whats the point of a tech preview, if not to test to see what does and doesn't work. Some people may want to see if Windows 10 ,as it is now, works with Server essentials 2012. There isn't a lot of information and feedback on this particular topic yet, hence why I figured I would try to leave some useful feedback for others that may be looking into this. Besides, you'd think that Microsoft would at least enable this feature on the new Windows 10 Server essentials. But as I...
Just thought I would chime in and let everyone know that Windows 10 will not work with 2012 server essentials connector software. You can still join it to a domain like normal, but you won't have backup functions, file history, etc. From what I've searched, not even the Windows 10 server version with essential roll enabled will work. I'm sure support for it is coming though.
After playing with this TV for the past few days, I can say that you won't regret purchasing this. I did some color calibration from posts on AVS, but even out of the box it looked good to me. Haven't had a chance to test PC games at 4K yet, but I uploaded a 4K vid of some Destiny upscaled on this set from the Xbox One. I honestly think it upscales better off the PS4 though.... Would of been nice to save a couple hundred now that this deal has come out!
Do we have an Official owners club on OCN for this TV at all? Just something I was thinking about. I know AVS forum has an entire thread on it as well.