Posts by opty165

Thanks a bunch. I've got it setup exactly as shown. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it screws up again.
Which fan header are you plugged into, and what settings are set in the BIOS under Hardware Monitoring for that header?
This is mine now since powering off. Previously with the pump at 100%, and all the fans at 100%, I was unable to get lower than 46c. It seems that sometimes the board will control the fans, and other times the Corsair Link software will.EDIT: Also, if you don't mind me asking, what have you been able to get your RAM to run at now? I'm only able to get 3066 using XMP.
Ok, I'm pretty well convinced that the H100i does not like being plugged into the fan headers of this board. Once again I was idle at 46c and no lower. After a complete shutdown, and unplug from power for 30-60 seconds, I'm now back at 33-35 idle. Either it's the Beta BIOS, or something to do with the built in fan control of the board. I think going forward I'm definitely plugging the H100 into the PSU direct.
I might have discovered my issue. I didn't realise that the h100 3pin connector was plugged into the cpu-opt header on the board. I moved it to the regular cpu header and I'm seeing more normal temps in BIOS (38c). My room is a bit warm at the moment, so 38 is about normal for my setup.EDIT: I'm wondering though...Which header should I be plugging the H100 into? I'm finding that the motherboard is overriding the Corsair link software, so I can't control the pump speed or...
Is anyone seeing higher idle temps on the beta BIOS? my 1700 is sitting here at 45c idle with an H100v2 at 100% pump and fan speed. Sitting in the BIOS raises the temps to the 60's. I think I'm flashing back to stable for now....
I just got my Taichi hooked up last night, and I'm wondering if anyone else here who has there's have had issues or not with RAM and NVME drives? I've updated the bios to the latest beta, and I've tried every combination I can think of for components. However I cannot get my Samsung 960 NVME to show up at all. Let alone get my RAM (Trident Z' 3200) to run at anything but 2133. Also this board has a very slow boot time, and initially when I had both my video cards...
Looks like Newegg got their stock of Taichi's in! Just got an order verification email that it should be shipping within 24hrs. Finally! Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Yea I did notice after the fact that the price was raised. I was able to snag it for $189 + the rebate, but I think you can get an additional rebate through Asrock as well. I'll have to double check.
Well I checked in with Newegg again this morning about the Taichi, and all they could tell me is they are expecting stock this month. They don't know exactly when, but they said they are going to have over 350 units. Hopefully this board is worth the wait....