Posts by opty165

This is a post I thought I would never see a year ago....totally agree though. Can't understand all the hate towards 8/8.1. I always thought it was funny when people said the desktop was "gone" in 8, yet all I had to do was hit the Windows key and there it was
So I'm finally to the point where I am expanding on the capabilities of my server. I came across a deal on a nice Supermicro board with two Xeon E5530's that I couldn't pass up. This will give me 16 threads to work with. Now I'm at a cross roads on what to do here. My current server setup has been very simple. Basically just Windows Home Server 2011 with StableBit Drive Pool for storage. Then running any other miscellaneous services like Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, Plex, etc....
I own a G2 as well on VZW. If your G2 is currently rooted, then it's actually very easy to get it on to KitKat from 4.2. I believe there is a tool someone created that does all the magic for you! No need to unroot and flash stock. Mostly what is entailed is updating your recovery, boot stack, and baseband so that KitKat roms are compatible and that you still have a Lokied bootloader.My vote definitely goes to CloudyFlex 2.2 rom for the G2. I've always loved CM 11, but this...
They were moving in the right direction with the Nexus program. Then another step with the Google Play Edition phones, although those come at a hefty price. I don't think we will ever truly see an end to the fragmentation problem. After all the point of android and open source is to make it your own and give you choice right?. Stock Android is great, but carriers lagging behind with Androids updates is not great. Lets get everyone on the same page with updates, then tackle...
It clears the heatsink by just a hair I'd have to say. You might have a bit more trouble with taller sticks. It's hard to say really. There is a little bit of play with how you can position the heatsink.
As requested. The RAM has very little clearance issues with the Kozuti and the Asrock board.
I have a similar problem myself with 4 sticks of RAM not wanting to run at the same speeds. I had this issue with my Phenom II 955 and now my FX6300. All the sticks are 1600Mhz, but no matter what I do only 2 out of the 4 sticks will run at 1600Mhz. The other two will always run at 1333Mhz. Even forcing them to run at 1600 or higher still only effects the two an not all four. I've never found a solution to this problem. The board I'm running these sticks with is the...
They did get what they originally backed. The first shipments of dev kits.
Straight out of the NY Times article here
I couldn't really see any other way to effectively cool the chip without cutting a hole in the top lid. You need that influx of cold air and get the hot air exhausted out the side vents.