Posts by garikfox

Nifty !
To be honest I wouldnt buy anything ASUS, There QC is not good at all, I would only buy Gigabyte or MSI BUT if you insist I would go for the Rampage. The ROG's seem to be better made ASUS products then there basic branding.
To be honest I wouldnt buy anything ASUS, There QC has gone out the window, I would only buy Gigabyte or MSI
Yes the Lycom bypasses the M.2 socket, You put the SM951 in the Lycom DT-120 adapter then install it into the 2nd PCIe x16 slot under the video card. This will let the Lycom run on the PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU.
Ohh i see its jsut the NVMe version thats doing this and the AHCI version seems to be un-affected.
Yes it can with the latest BIOS, Yes its twice as fast as 2x 850 Pros in RAID 0, Sure can I use it as my main drive for OS and a few games. Since you have a 5820k cpu Id use it with a Lycom PCIe adapter card because you wont have enough lanes to utilize the Turbo M.2 socket to its full potential.
Hmm wonder why that is, it should be running at PCIe 3.0 x4, Are you using the 2nd x16 slot ?
Intel 750 all the way or even a SM951, There both great
If your using Win7 yes use the AMD Sata controller driver, If your using Win8.1 use the in-box windows driver