Posts by jacobwt226

Well the client isn't very tech "savvy" and I was thinking if I added a sub-domain to their website with a easy to use system of "posting" information I could code AS3 to check the sub-domain, find the info, and then fill the app with the info.
Well, it's for a client who wants a app made but with the ability for them to update information about 4-7 times a week. Since I don't want to be running maintenance on a flash app that many times a week I am trying to find a easy way for a Android/iPhone app to go to a webpage, gather information, then use it to fill the app.
I haven't spent much time with AS3, and I haven't touched HTML since HTML3. But I was wondering if there was a way to use HTML to identify, let's say a textbox. Then using Actionscript, going onto that domain (that the HTMl is on), identifying the textbox, and importing/downloading the textbox for offline use (so that people can still view the information without begin connect it just can't be updated)? Is there a easy way to do this that I am not aware of? Any advice...
I tried that, still didn't work. But I somehow (don't ask me how I just did) get it working...I have decided Samsung doesn't know what the term "user friendly" is (thank god I'm a geek).
So I bought this portable hard drive for college. First week of class it worked like a charm, now though (a couple weeks later), it won't allow me to access the files from any other computer than my own. As far as I know I haven't turned on any security, and I can still look around on my drive (file explorer) on other computers. I just can't access any of the files. I have no idea what to do and I NEED this fixed by Monday night so help is very much appreciated. This...
I have a ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard board (This is the tigerdirect page i got it from years ago http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5235299). Anyways I'm hoping to use it for a media center computer running SteamOS, But the Motherboard needs UEFI Boot! Can I flash the BIOS to UEFI and how?!
I was after more about $175 for Motherboard and RAM, and that extra $100 for the new NZXT Phantom!
I just bought a FX-8150, with AMD's water-cooling unit, but I need a couple more upgrades (including Motherboard, Memory, and hopefully a new Case). I have about $185, *but I can add another $100 worse case, any recommendations? Also, I need it to have CrossfireX and SLi...
Hey, been awhile sicne I posted anything, anyways, I am looking for a Computer upgrade from my oldish computer, I do a lot of gaming and some model design and texture work. I also need to include a Monitor. Here are the spec's I have now. CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 2.5Ghz AM2+ OEM CPU Motherboard: ASUS M4A785-M AMD 785G Socket AM2+ Motherboard RAM: Corsair 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (x2) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520 Copper Heatpipe CPU Cooler GPU: GTS 450 (6 pin...
I would like a in-ear headphone, what are the best ones?