Posts by Adian

That's the way I was leaning as well. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some better option that I was completely unaware of.
I'm hoping that this is the right forum for my question. I have a Corsair 600T currently running a CM 212 Evo cooler. I'm switching out the 212 for an H100 this weekend, which will change the airflow of my entire case. Right now, and after I install the H100, all my fans will be stock. I've found some information on the throughput of some of them, but not all. What information I have is below: 200mm Case Fans: 1000 RPM 92 CFM 28.8 dBA 120mm Case Fan: Unknown. I...
Ah, ok. That's a bit of a relief, heh.I double-checked my fans. The rear exhause is blowing out, as is the blowhole above the heatsink. The single heatsink fan is set up in essentially the default configuration - mounted to the front of the heatsink, pushing air back through. I don't think thered be any contention over airflow there.
My heatsink does support push/pull, but from what I've read you only gain 1 or 2 degrees by doing it. Better fans might yield more, but probably not by a lot. I use this rig for both gaming and day-to-day, I don't mind higher CFM fans as long as I can have the BIOS spin them down when they aren't needed.Yeah, I figured 1.3 vcore was too high, but I just wanted a quick test to see what kind of temps I'd get with an overclock. Even a minute and a half of that, according...
Well that was faster than I expected. Set the multiplier to 40 and the vcore to 1.3 (That's about where it went to when I set it to auto) and hit 75C (at 22.2 ambient) in about a minute and a half of the blend test. I can probably work the vcore down further, but likely not by THAT much. So if I work down the vcore, I'm looking at roughly a 4 GHz overclock at 70C at load. It was idling around 45C. This is extremely rough napkin math, of course.
I'm using Arctic Silver 5 right now, but I could have easily put too much or too little on. As for the seating, I'm not sure how I could have screwed that up? It's pretty fool-proof.Edit: That sounded more argumentative than I intended. What I meant was simply that if there is a failing, it's most likely with my inexpert application of the thermal compound. From what I understand Arctic Silver 5 isn't bad stuff, and the odds of me flubbing the physical installation,...
VCore is at 1.125, I don't think that's high? CPU Current Capability is also at 100%, haven't increased that. Most of the other settings are still at default, if I wasn't sure what it was I didn't touch it.I'll increase the multiplier and run some more tests. See how high I can get it before I hit 70. I just wasn't sure if the temps I was getting were unusually high, and I reasoned that if I was getting high temps at stock, then I'd also be running hot when I started...
I was thinking along the same lines. If I have to dump a significant amount of money into new fans, why not just buy a better cooler that comes with better fans? And if I'm spending $60 or $70 for a better cooler, why not just go to $99 and grab the H100? That's the thought process that lead me to consider it, anyway.I'm sure I can do this with air cooling. I just worry about what happens when my video card spins up. I expect it'll increase the heat inside the case by...
Alright, so no matter what 60 is a ridiculous expectation. I'd still like to keep it around 70. I won't worry about a couple degrees over, but sometimes my apartment can get upwards of 26.6C, so I want some wiggle room in case ambient goes up 3 or 4 degrees. That would put me in the mid to high 70s at full load, which I hopefully won't be hitting outside of tests.
I'd considered a custom loop when I decided to put this together, but I wasn't sure about it. Mostly because I'm not wonderful with the hands on stuff. I'm sure I could cool the CPU just fine, and anything that I didn't have to remove a pre-existing heatsink from. But water-cooling, say, my video card? Probably a little beyond what I'd be comfortable with. And if all I'm cooling is my CPU I figured why not look into one of the self-contained models.