Posts by InitialDriveGTR

Case lighting added...
Trying out a weave technique on my wiring... Ye or Ne?
As an update to the project, I had some issues with the Z77 and 2600K... I have since upgraded... Snagged a Xeon E5-2670-V3 Engineering Sample (ES) off ebay and stuck it in an Asus Sabertooth X99... Oooooooooo 12 cores
To anyone that comes accross this post in a search, Asus labelled the wrong usb port for the "USB BIOS Flashback" funtionality in the printed user manual. I have E10096. It's the USB 3.0 port to the right. Hope this saves people some frustration....
false I have no idea where this "false" is coming from.... I never typed that.... let alone with no context....
One of the things I learned about Evap Cooling is it's very high maintenance. It's not worth the hassle no matter what way you try it.The waterblock in question is one of EKWB's that I had gotten as part of my sponsorship for Arctic Rain. That waterblock has G1/4 threads pre-tapped like that into the face of the plastic from the factory with a geometrically consistent spacing of the fasteners that bind the plastic to the copper block. In other words, I took the right angle...
Getting back into the desktop computers... Follow my work here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1609874/project-industrious-heavy-rain-mk2
Hey all, it's been a minute. Building up a new case, a lot of the details are still being worked out, therefore I'm taking my time on this build and not revealing my case of choice until later on. I'm modelling the case in software as I usually do, but unfortunately my laptops' aren't the best at CAD, so I'm getting the actual computer hardware operational again for CAD use then getting to work. MY application for this build is primarily for use as a multi-core data...
It's bak in my bedroom due to extreme cold temperatures:
So for the most part, I have the machine done. I've been using it a lot to make parts, and recently I moved all my hardware from my Arctic Rain build into an original Alienware Case, and I needed a new reservoir. I came up with this waterfall concept, and the result should be pretty cool: An earlier version being machined (skip to 1:30 for the close up): And now it exists: