Posts by oldcompgeek

PM sent.
PM'd 1/15/14
Hey fellas, for some reason, my Trident 2x2gb 1866 kit is only scoring a 5.9 on WEI in the new mobo... M5A97 R2 It was in a cruddy 960+ b4 an scored 7.7. Its set at 1600 which is the highest I think that this mobo will let me go... Volts and timings are set to auto. Ideas?
I wish ya lots of success with them! I'm still playing with this old MSI NF750-G55 / Athlon II X4 620 combo that I dug outta the junkyard. I have read and heard so much about the VRM's "catching fire" and "blowing" but so far so good, and it actually has some nice features too for a 2009 era mobo. I didn't really expect it to boot anyway as I had removed it from a customers rig awhile back and it was in a stack of about 12 as well... It seems fine for stock speeds and runs...
Apologies, as the actual source at Gigabyte support couldn't confirm the compatibility and/or safe oc'ing of the 8320 or the 8350
The 6300 is fine in my book, but then again I am partial to 4 and 6 core CPU's... If you're planning to overclock though, I might stay away from 8 cores as the phase count is going to be barely enough to cover the TDP if that... Good luck bud.
Well I can say that a Giga 970A-D3 that I bought back in September of 2011 is still going strong albeit a lower grade mobo than you're considering. I had to add heatsinks to the vrm area but it's one mobo that has started EVERY TIME reguardless of the cpu. It's had Phenoms and Athlon X4's and even a Semp 145 and ran every time. I can't say if the BIOS is the same but the only thing I didn't care for was the Memory settings, but then again, it was over 2 years ago when...
Wow!! Thanks.I play baseball with them, and softball practice with my daughter but they think that all the board games that I grew up playing are "dorky dad" lol... The younger 2 boys have scouts but I get the feeling that they don't want dad there embarrassing them... So it splits the screen into equal parts or what? We do have a 46" HDTV in our living room so we could use that to play it on right? Here's a couple pics of the controllers that they have. I got 'em from...
I have no idea how to set up a co-operative setting on one rig though. They have 4 USB wireless controllers, they look exactly like PS3 ones but they plug into the USB ports. The thing that made the Quad necessary was the 13 yr olds games. Those were the most intensive ones -- Bioshock, Black ops, etc... The younger kids play like Lego online, and all the Daughter does in gossip with her friends on facebook ... lol. ( same as her mother )Thanks y'all oh the kids are 19,...
Hey fellas. I dug an old Athlon II 620 with the correct coding to possibly unlock the l3 cache as it's already an x4. The thing is, should I increase any voltrages to help the l3 work stable? I wasn't sure if the l3 had a separate voltage? Thanks