Posts by oldcompgeek

Yeppir. Sum'n is weird as I have a plextor (new) M3 that I wanted to format, and plugged into the external sata port and it doesn't even show up in BIOS. The BIOS in my 990fxa-ud7 is different than what I am used to as I had normally used MSI GD-80's but with the FX9590 I went with the UD7. If I try to update it through magician it still errors out.
I had thought that it worked, but noticed the original firmware listed in magician. I tried to boot from the ISO again, and it ended up at a command prompt with an exception listed above it...? I then just tried to boot normally and it blue screened until I took the ISO out of the disk drive...?? Maybe I'm just a SSD rookie but it sure seems a bit too difficult to upgrade the firmware on this baby. My older crappy corsair force 3 updated no problem although thats like...
Worked perfectly. Thx!
Hey fellas, I have a samsung 840 evo and am having issues with the firmware updating process stopping a bit over halfway there and erroring out. I was hoping that getting it to update would stop the issues that I am having when watching movies on Media Hub... I have downloaded the firmware file seperately, but am not a ssd guru and don't know how to manually update it (and don't want to brick the drive). Any suggestions? Thx.
Hey all! I have been reading, researching, and reading about how to try to get the buggy initial firmware updated as magician won't get past 2/3 without stopping and saying it can't update. I downloaded the updated firmware file (like when I would update my bios) but am not sure how to install it. I have an 840 evo with the 0 firmware. The rig is all new ( AMD based) and freezing issues are aplenty.If y'all have any diretion, I would surely be appreciative! Thanks.
pm'd
HALE82-650-M. I have several NZXT products that are great but even I know that power supplies are a different animal...haha
I have eyed the EVGA's several times and love the look of quality and design of them. I think the one that I was looking into was a multi rail design though and thats 1 reason that I didn't pull the trigger. I also have the chance to get an NZXT HALE82 650 for 40 bucks but read about a weird electronic noise during low draw times so that as that... I will see if the budget allowsw for the 109 the EVGA costs, although it does have a 20 dollar rebate I think. The 750 watts...
pm'd