Posts by BiG StroOnZ

I understand they both use GM206. But my point is why gimp the 970? Makes no sense to do. Other than having a legitimate reasoning behind doing it. Something that would force you to do it in that manner. You are asking me why they are not able to do it, and my answer is, not why are not they not able to do it. It's why they didn't do it correctly in the first place. You are saying it can easily be done, and I'm saying if it could be done so easily why not do it in the...
I think so because if it was possible, NVIDIA would have done it correctly the first time. Not have this backlash afterwards. There is no way they could have thought for anyone not to discover the 500MB section. It's just not possible. There would be no reason to hinder the second top tier card you offer in any way shape or form, unless it had to be done that way for a very specific reason.Do you have a source for that claim? Because they didn't want to because of yields?...
If it was possible for the desktop cards, then NVIDIA would have done it the first time with the 970, which they didn't as everyone now widely knows.
This is pretty similar to my predictions except the Ti version.It would make absolutely no sense for the Ti version to have the same core count as the Titan X. Because that would undercut Titan X sales, and NVIDIA doesn't want that to happen. There would be no incentive to buy the Titan X if the Ti version was just as fast but only with 6GB of VRAM and for $300 cheaper. Because 12GB of VRAM isn't really a requirement even for 4K gaming. So I severely doubt the next Ti...
I cant give you exact core counts or specs but I'll give you my estimated predictions."700 Series"Titan Black / 780 Ti - 2880 CUDA CoresTitan (OG) - 2688 CUDA CoresGTX 780 - 2304 CUDA CoresGTX 770 (680 Rebadge)GTX 760 (Sort of 670 Rebadge, basically same performance at least)Now the problem with the 700 series was they did the Titan release was backwards, they didn't release it fully unlocked. Which left them open for AMD to match or surpass them in performance. Which is...
As already explained above by go4life, like the 700 series. The Titan launched first, and then 700 series followed afterwards. Starting with the 780, a cut down version of the Titan.
1080 is going to be cut down GM200, so no point in waiting for that.
Okay but this is confirmation that they will be doing business with them, anything before was just speculation.
Subject: General Tech | March 21, 2015 - 12:09 AM | Sebastian PeakArticle came out today. So no not old news.
Source: http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/SEC-Filing-Reveals-NVIDIA-Now-Using-Samsung-Some-Manufacturing