Posts by BiG StroOnZ

But we aren't talking about workstation parts, they are workstation parts because they made it through the binning process. The downgraded versions don't pass inspection.I'm not really sure how it contradicts basic electronics, you can see degradation of components from just daily usage. Now you're taking out the factor of daily usage, and saying let's put it at full load 24/7. If it's degrading from daily usage, why wouldn't it degrade from 24/7 usage? That contradicts...
If you run a GPU at full load 24/7 for 6 months to a year it is going to fail inevitably. If it doesn't fully fail, it will have a slew of problems. Like all the second hand mining GPU's that were sold to gamers and had problems shortly after.
GPU's aren't meant to run at full load for overly extended periods of time (24/7).
If the GPU was second hand there is a good chance it could have been used for mining. I would keep an eye on it. Mining GPU's tend to fail sporadically.
Where did you get the GPU, second hand? Or did you always have it? You don't mention what parts you swapped out. Jonny Guru rates that Power Supply pretty well assuming it's the ST45SF.
Yeah except if it's simply GPU related, it would crash from Furmark alone.
What makes you think it's PSU? It doesn't happen in Linpack LinX (Same as Prime95 or Intel Burn Test). Just happens in games or Heaven Benchmark 4.0. I also don't like Furmark, not really a safe program to use these days.
EVGA GTX 760 4GB w/ ACX Cooler i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz Corsair H90 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz XFX Core Edition PRO650W Windows 8.1 Problem started about three weeks ago. In various games from Day-Z to Gary's Mod to Minecraft. This is my brother's computer so finally today I had a chance to go over to his house and take a look at it. First decided to see if it was the CPU overclock. Ran Linpack LinX for 20 passes @ 80% memory utilization. Passed with no...
Uninstall Ai Suite, and try again. If you want to monitor temps use RealTempGT
No problem, I wouldn't use AI Suite, I would just go into the Bios. It's more efficient and once you learn the terminology it will become second hand nature. Additionally, most people recommend uninstalling Ai Suite to not encounter any problems.