Posts by RogueRage

Yeah it would be nice if they redesign the TU-200B. They usually redesign a couple cases... you never know, maybe it will be the 200B.Yup, exactly on the IMpact, just one lane for now. JJ from Asus (newegg video on Asus Impact) mentioned that they are working on the next iteration that will include more lanes to take advantage of the full m2.ssd potential. That is one of the reasons I would have to wait until late next year maybe later for an itx mobo with multiple lanes...
I agree the bottom is probably the better of both options if the front panel does not get in the way. Funny you mentioned about the HDD/optical drive bay option. I was actually thinking about your build and it would be great for your setup. I actually did think about a similar brand for my build had the HDD cage not pan out.I am actually thinking about building a second HTPC unit that may include such a combo. But I am liking the idea of going super small for a very...
No Problem at all.Just a quick note, you should be ok as is, but just in case you should look at the second and third image on my first page of this thread you will see a small stainless steel lip jotting out across on two sides of the 4 slotted holes where the fan is mounted. It extends about the same thickness of a standard size fan and supplied case filter so you should be okay. That said, you may need to add a couple washers to each of the screws to make sure your...
Sorry MkII for the late response. I was out of the country for a few weeks. Got back and I was sick for another few weeks. Still though I missed your post somehow. To answer your question you will have room. With my setup I have 11.5 inches of room to work with. Here are a couple shots with measurements.Again sorry about the late response.
No problem at all. I am glad it helped. About heat, you should be okay with both fans pulling in fresh air since the back of the case is perforated for hot air to escape. Also, test which airflow works best after your build is complete. That is, if having both fans acts as an intake gives you a better temperature oppose to having one fan acting as an intake and the other as an exhaust.
I love it. More than enough for an HTPC build. I also looked into the Akasa Euler case for a friend. Only reason to change anything is if you get a better deal on a comparable product at the time of purchase.
Correct, only the SSD can be mounted at the bottom of the case. The HDD can be mounted under the Optical Drive Chassis.1BottomOfCaseWithFilterHere is a view of what the bottom of the case looks like from the outside. You can see that there are predrilled holes to mount an SSD at the bottom-inside of the case. You can also piggy back a second SSD on top of the first SSD if you buy an SSD mounting kit for about $4.00. Notice the removable air filter covering the vent...
Correct the cage can be easiy removed by removing a couple thumb screws. You will have more than enugh room for a full size PSU and a decent GPU.At the base of the case there are predrilled holes to attach an SSD. There is also a vent at the bottom of the cage, but I do not remember if thre are holes to attach a fan at the base. I will confirm once I open my case up when I am home (I am away at the moment). If you have the tools you can drill four holes at the vent area to...
Hey Basilbattery,This case is great for mobility. It has worked well for me. About those GPU's, either of those cards are excellent for building a gaming PC. Air-cooling options for this case were limited due to the PSU taking up a bulk of the space. That said, building an HTPC machine meant silence was a key factor. As a result, choosing a liquid solution gave the best options for silence as well as better cooling results. The enclosed Corsair unit (Corsair H60 in my...
Hey Basilbattery, This case is great for mobility. It has worked well for me. About those GPU's, either of those cards are excellent for building a gaming PC. Air-cooling options for this case were limited due to the PSU taking up a bulk of the space. That said, building an HTPC machine meant silence was a key factor. As a result, choosing a liquid solution gave the best options for silence as well as better cooling results. The enclosed Corsair unit (Corsair H60 in my...