Posts by RogueRage

Sounds Good. I hope everything works out.
Okay I got a couple questions: Is modding your case shell out of the question like adding holes for a fan and do you have tools to perform this task if yes is your answer? Are you really just waiting for the newer GPU's so it can be replaced or is this quest really for a permanent fix? The reason I ask is if you are changing the GPU's you might want to wait before modding the case to see how your GPU performs and fits. I will give you an example, in one of my NAS builds I...
@fade2green514 What made you think I did not look at the case or the GPU. I am not as ignorant as you think I am. Please do not take your frustration out on someone that is trying to help and entertain all suggestions like you said you would and leave it at that. I am not the one that has a view of whats inside your case. Do you see what you wrote "so if u want to try to do that by all means. " It is not I that have the issue and the suggestions I gave are valued based...
It looks like the new GPU's will be out late Q1 or Q2 of 2015 depending on who you listen to. I am assuming there is no room to attach a PCI slot fan based on what you said and you really do not want to spend any more cash for something you will be replacing soon. My temporary poor man's fix?... Use double stick velcro to attach a silent 80/120mm fan to the ceiling of the case facing downwards over GPU heatsink if you have head room or to the floor of the case with the...
The software you use to backup your library should have some features like what size to shrink the backup to (BD-DL/BD/DVD-DL/DVD/CD/Custom...). It should have options like if you want a full backup, keep menus or movie only. Depending on the software all of these features will be available to any of the backup formats described previously.I am by no means a RAID expert so I will have to refer to the RAID-GoDs in here to answer your RAID questions. I do have some...
Yes a NAS can be costly but you might get a deal on a NAS with the upcoming holidays. The tougher decision really comes down to what NAS you want to buy if you decide you want one and not going the custom build route. The short answer: You can use your gaming rig as a NAS and HTPC all in one system. Yes you can have all your drives setup as RAID 0 but you will not have redundancy if there is a hard drive failure... you will lose everything. Anyway, that is your cheapest...
Well first of you could not have picked a better time to figure out what you want. Meaning that if you are in the US you will be able to capitalize on the upcoming holiday sales (Thanksgiving Black Friday and Cyber Monday) in a few weeks. This is "the" best time of the year to get some of the best deals on computer components if you know what to look for. Newegg and Amazon try to capture the sales early ahead on occasion and try to out-do one another. At times they have...
CorrectCorrect the number of devices that can access the channels at the same time is limited by the number of tuners in the unit. In other words two people will be able to watch TV from their own separate devices to view any of the channels. It can also be the same channel if you wish. Each user will have full control to the channel listing due to their device having full access to their own assigned tuner.Yes you can simply add an additional tuner unit to the network to...
I may have some similar information as well for you that may or may not be useful. I am a bit tired at the moment so I will hit you up tomorrow. Some of your questions are answered in my Silent HTPC build posting but its quite lengthy at the moment to read through everything.
The guide comes from setting up WMC to automatically download a 14 day TV listing from regional DNS servers pointing to Akamai servers. I have not personally tried to record multiple channels at once but the premise of having multiple tuners is the ability to record multiple channels that are assigned to the same device or have each tuner being used by a different device at the same time. I was trying to find a youtube clip that shows how to setup and configure HDHome Run...