Posts by RogueRage

No verbal abuse man ..lol. It happens. I agree with Cyberlocc you should get a beep if it is not detecting memory with the RAM removed. If you do not have a speaker they usually run about $2.00 on Amazon or take one from an old machine lying around. The monitor should work with VGA at a minimum to receive some sort of signal. I would return the MOBO if you do not have a speaker or will get one in time to test posting.
Here is a link to a PSU calculator if you want to double check what you will need. http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp Just add your components or next best match, future addons and click calculate. I like the look of the HD plex but I have never used it. Sorry.
I just did a quick browse on newegg. I do not know what your taste is when it comes to cases etc. But here are two newegg links that satisfies your request. All below your price point. As of today newegg has a 30% ($69.00) sale on the bitfenix mini itx case. I would grab this while you can. It is one of the best looking itx cases. Granted its not small but it looks nice and will fit all of your components nicely. Here is a link to all of the cases that fits withing your...
Well I am happy to say I have solved my network wireless buffering of large 35GB+ iso files. The use of the Asus router RT-AC68U along with the HTPC above that supports the AC frequency, I was able to stream wirelessly throughout my home without issue. Problem solved! No more cables! I had no issues with firmware or random disconnects as others in some reviews experienced. So far so good. The newer ASUS router on the market is a beast (RT-AC87U). The nice thing about this...
I agree with herkalurk. I would trim down on the 5T drive unless there is great need for it. But nothing wrong with having one large drive. It really depends on if you have some sort of network storage already or if this is your only source solution for storage. If this is your only source then I would add two smaller drives instead and have one serve as a backup. I also use the Noctua L9A low profile cooler and I share all of the same comments from herkalurk. I am sure...
Thanks Mr. Bear. I spent 3secs trying to swat a bug of my screen. ;P
Looks nice and clean.
SMALL WIRELESS MINI SILENT HTPC with Performance. Well it has almost been a year since my last HTPC build. Everything is still running peachy on my home network. I am really happy about that. I needed to build a smaller HTPC than my previous build to make it more portable and of course still being wireless. As noted in my last post I have been waiting to take advantage of the somewhat new technology regarding AC bandwidth, as well as, the new m.2 SSD drives. I am happy...
Yeah it would be nice if they redesign the TU-200B. They usually redesign a couple cases... you never know, maybe it will be the 200B.Yup, exactly on the IMpact, just one lane for now. JJ from Asus (newegg video on Asus Impact) mentioned that they are working on the next iteration that will include more lanes to take advantage of the full m2.ssd potential. That is one of the reasons I would have to wait until late next year maybe later for an itx mobo with multiple lanes...
I agree the bottom is probably the better of both options if the front panel does not get in the way. Funny you mentioned about the HDD/optical drive bay option. I was actually thinking about your build and it would be great for your setup. I actually did think about a similar brand for my build had the HDD cage not pan out.I am actually thinking about building a second HTPC unit that may include such a combo. But I am liking the idea of going super small for a very...