Posts by RogueRage

I actually flush my radiators the same way using the filter and water pump method. It is the best/cheapest method I found so far if you want to do it right. If anyone is looking for how to do it here is a quick video produced by lazyman. Definitely worth a look.
From the receiver the HDMI goes to the TV and I have a KEF speaker sound system hooked up to the receiver. Yup I am sending some of my videos through the receiver as well.
Nice write-up aweir. I am setup using HDMI cables via a 4year old-ish Pioneer receiver. Rep+
Your parts list is fine. You can always switch out various options depending on price and preference at the time of purchase. On using red drives, they will be the best option and give you that added protection needed in NAS drives. You might be able to get a good price for them around the major holidays. That said, I have over 36TB green drives ranging from 3 to 5 years of age and not one has failed. Keep in mind although red drives are best for NAS systems... they only...
Silicondust has started a kickstarter fund me page that will enhance the HTPC experience by introducing a DVR option. As you know, I am a huge fan of Silicondust and looking forward to the release and possibly test the DVR software. Its worth a read.... that has some details on using QNAP devices, FreeNas, KODI and lots more. Details to the kickstarter webpage is below, as well as, a video...
When I am not using my cideko keyboard and mouse, I use a logitech harmony remote with the flirc receiver to operate functions for my XBMC and media center. I also use the software EventGhost to translate what keys are pressed/received from the remote and then perform a given function. If you install eventghost you can pretty much control anything but this will require some effort to setup your given task.
So yesterday this item(Antec isk-110 Mini-ITX) was on sale and I got myself one for a future build. At the time there was no counter on how many were left in stock. However by noon today there was 16 left. Currently, at the moment all is sold out but Amazon has a note that more is on the way so keep an eye out if you missed out on this sale. I cannot say if the price will be the same at that time of restocking but hope for the best. Antec isk-110 Mini-ITX case at $53.02...
Antec isk-110 Mini-ITX case at $53.02 on Amazon -- Jan 21, 2015 This the lowest it has been in a few years. If you are looking for a Mini ITX HTPC case with a built-in PSU you will not find a cheaper price for the Antec isk-110 http://camelcamelcamel.com/Antec-ISK110-VESA-Mini-ITX-Case/product/B0064LWISQ This is also sold from Amazon and not a third-party sale. This is cheaper than what I paid for it originally.
In the TU200 there is a difference between the frame and the case of only a 1/4 of an inch so I was wrong because it looks like the TU100 has about an 1 inch of play room. Wish I could have helped you more but maybe someone with the TU100 will respond with a better measurement. Sorry I could not be much more help.
It might be difficult to clean your RAD effectively if you install the cooler between the front of the case and the frame if it fits. If I remember correctly I do not think there is enough room at 'C' as you mentioned. If no one else gets back to you, later tonight I can measure the space I have on my build. I have the tu200 so if there is not enough room for the tu200 you will definitely not have room in the tu100. But for argument sake lets say there is room to fit a...