Posts by RogueRage

You don't have to go fanless but it helps if you can. The PSU in these Antec cases are fanless. Why I specifically chose the Antec case was the fact I wanted to have a reasonable small footprint for the HTPC. It was going to live on a shelf with limited real estate.
Oops missed your other questions. I would recommend a 150W PSU based on the results you posted. Also you can use this case if you like which comes with the 150W PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129080&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Computer+Cases-_-N82E16811129080&gclid=CK-T2p3Jv8ECFSEV7AodHhEAtw I have not used this case but you should be able to hold everything you mentioned. But it is not the cheapest case...
For me it was just a Minimum of 90W - but Recommended140W for my build if running under 90% load. You have to remember that the calculator tries to compensate for a little padding and also it is assuming the PSU system is running at 90% constantly.
Okayyyy it overshoots by how much? I mean its not an exact science but it gives a pretty good range of what you can use. You should be able to use a pico based on the results of the calculator. If anyone suggests something else you are really going on their opinion. Then, you have to ask yourself what makes their opinion any better over the calculator? How do you know what they say is actually correct and how did they come up with their suggestion? Having the most posts...
Take a look at my HTPC build. It is pretty similar to what you got. I am using the Integrated graphics. You will be able to handle "Bluray movies, Internet Media Streaming, and Emulators" Link to my build: http://www.overclock.net/t/1319808/silent-htpc-build/40#post_22617570 You are going to love the boot times from using the M.2. For the VLC question... I do not use VLC, so maybe someone who uses it will chime in or what they prefer to use as a player. In my 1min Google...
Using the link below to calculate what PSU range you can use. Just enter the components you plan on using/adding then click calculate. Online PSU calculator http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp I am not a fan of Noctua color schemes but I would recommend the Noctua NH L9i CPU low profile cooler.
Thanks Alan, That is a nice piece of info I can use if I run into any issues again. I am not sure what took me this long to get rid of my 4 STB's two of them being HD. Monthly bill is significantly reduced and my wife likes that. Plus she still have access to all of her HD channels.
Thumbs Up! Love the build as well. No complaints.
New Updates: About a few issues like not being able to access some live TV channels from my subscription with Verizon FiosTV. I was unable to view channels like HBO, TBS, and TNT (I was missing approx. 150 channels out of 400+ channels). Also how to bypass DCA testing. Issues I will address for this posting: *Missing channels from HD HomeRun scan list and resolution *Unable to view subscribed premium channels like HBO and resolution *HTPC crashing during Digital Cable...
When you are programming the Harmony remote using the Harmony wizard there is a profile for the Flirc device you can add to your setup. Let me know if you need further details. To control the volume in WMC I use EventGhost to increase and decrease the volume by 5 levels for each pressed button on the volume control.