Posts by RogueRage

Update: On WMC download guide issue: Workaround to download WMC guide (linked above) worked like a charm. I am able to view all the channels for Live TV without issue from WMC. On streaming wirelessly: Using the ASUS AC bandwidth router and ASUS AC equipped Mobo I am able to stream wirelessly my movie collection. In addition, I am able to stream all Live HD TV content I subscribed to wirelessly without issue from the router where my HDHomeRun Prime is connected. On...
Here is a link to a workaround for the WMC download guide issue from jason! on the The Green Button. I must have just missed the posting from jason! on The Green Button since I was on the forum late last night and other related sites searching for a workaround... trying different options. I have not tested this yet but, everyone else after his posting that did try got the guide to download. This should work since it seems the servers jason! listed are updated with the...
I have a question about HDHomeRun Prime with WMC... Activating M-Card was smooth using Verizon Fios Online option: After resolving my HTPC Simerec Issue I began to setup my HDHRP. Everything installed smoothly for the most part. I was able to activate my M-card using the Verizon online setup. This was a pleasant experience considering the various forum posts I read about trying to activate the card via phone. It seems like Verizon Fios made the online activation approach...
I have an update on using the remote Simerec Sensor. I had a bit of a scare today when I got home from work, I thought my new HTPC got fried. Not a good feeling I tell you. It looked like there was an electrical spike of some sort in my neighborhood. Some of my electronic equipment was offline. It has happened before but this is the first time it happened since I built my HTPC. I will be changing my current surge protector that got triggered to a much better model. I...
If your build will look anything like this one then you are good to go. It will fit. http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/11742-htpc-fractal-design-node-605 I was not familiar with the case so I had to look it up and I came across that link for the HTPC case build. Looks pretty sweet too.
Looks Awesome. You should not have any issues with gaming or HTPC wise with all that power. That said you may need to fine tune display settings a bit if that once the system is up and running. As for the water cooling and flipping the switch for the first time. Be sure to have a kill switch immediately at the first sign of leakage like your hand on the PSU kill switch or a surge protector switch. Have a flash light to look into dark areas for those drips that can be...
You can control your fans remotely using the Bitfenix Recon fan controller. http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/recon/ Bitfenix Recon -- also available on newegg "Recon is the world's first internet-connected fan controller. Once setup, Recon allows you to monitor and control your system fans and temps using any internet-connected device, including smartphones, tablets, laptops. Best of all, Recon is not platform dependent and only requires a simple...
HAHAHA I know what you mean. I also use fan spliters and monitor temps using the one PWM connection. In addition I have added a separate fan controller that monitors the temps and controls the RPM depending on the need. It creates a nice headsup display on the front end. The setup on my rig is a bit different though I had to balance 200MM fans with 120MM so it does not create unwanted turbulence or mismatched airflow.
No worries, I am glad it all worked out. No need to follow my suggestion in the future. I thought you did not have a PWM fan hooked up to the Mobo since you were using a Rad, but it seems like you do based on your last post. My suggestion only works if you do not have a fan hooked up to the PWM pinout on the Mobo which will give the same error. In my Full tower build I got two rads with multiple fans in a push pull configuration, hence I cannot use the PWM else it will be...
I do not believe your system is overheating, since you are using a liquid cool system over the CPU? Go into the BIOS and change the CPU PWM fan setting to disable, since you are not using a standard CPU PWM fan. The System is thinking you have a FAN hooked up to the CPU PWM when you don't have one. See if that works. You may also need to disable PCH header fan as well if there is a setting for it and "iff" it is being liquid cooled as well. Nevermind, it looks like you do...