Posts by navynuke499

I am also willing to take reasonable offers
If you just enable XMP it will set your ram at the speed you purchased it at, so 2133. If you dont set it, it will go to default speed. Im not sure what this is for yours as I don't use DDR4. With XMP enabled, you can choose a higher speed, such as the 3000 you are shooting for, but it will auto adjust the timings as well, thus not really making it any faster, if at all. If you really want more out of the ram, you will have to get down and dirty with the overclock which...
Overclocking your ram will have very little to no effect on your machine for what you are using it for. Frequency is also not the only thing you need to look at while overclocking ram. Even if you manage to get the frequency up, if the timings go up as well, you may get worse performance. The trick is getting the frequency high and timings low. Unfortunately this also will end up causing instability while overclocking the cpu. Adding extra voltage to the ram can help but...
$200 each with block and backplate. Will also be including the boxes I have, air coolers and any of the extras that I have as well.
Well I have it up and running now, showing 8GB which is better than 4 so thats a start. I pulled and installed the chips a few times, tried Memok and 2 of the 4 chips ended up booting. Im not sure what memok did since it made no changes but im just glad to be up and running again. I think it may have something to do with the memory controller on the cpu because the cpu is also not overclocking as i direct. First time ive ever seen that happen. I guess ill just stick with...
Well i tired pulling all the sticks today to see what happened. I left the stick in the A1 slot and started it up. Worked just fine, showed 4GB in the system. Swapped it out for the next stick and got a q code 53, tried the other 2 sticks and got the same. I thought it was odd that 3 of 4 sticks would fail so i put the first stick back it, the one that worked, and am now getting q code 53 for all of them. I cant get it to post. Ive tried all sticks in all slots, used...
A little more info. CPUid seems unreliable as every time i restart the computer it switches between single, dual, triple and quad channel that it senses for the ram. it also wasn't noticing my overclock, showing the stock 3.7GHz when i set it to 4.7 in the bios. The bios also shows the memory 2 different ways. In the main system info section, it shows 4GB but in the extreme tweaker section under dimm post, it shows all 4 sticks. My recent runs in timespy also show in the...
I have had my system up and running for a couple years with no real issue. I just upgraded to a 1080Ti and got Wildlands as a free game. Upon installing and playing the game, a little warning popped up in the corner saying that most of my 4GB of ram is being used and this may slow down the game. Problem is, I have 16GB (4x4GB). When i check the system info in windows it shows I have 4GB. Checking CPUid shows that I have 16GB but says its running single channel vice quad....
Recently upgraded to a GTX 1080Ti and no longer have a need for these cards. Ran them in 3 way SLI for a couple years until I started getting some blue flashing on my screen (see video below). After doing some testing, it seems my primary card doesnt want to work well for SLI but runs without any problem by it self. The other 2 cards run just fine alone or in SLI. They currently have EK water blocks and back plates on them that I would prefer to sell them with but they...