Posts by givmedew

Upgrades won't be an option these guys are being super cheap... When I took over this location I had (1) decent computer with 3 people fighting over it. It takes 20-40 minutes to assist a single customer. Best case scenario is having 2 computers per person lol not 3 people sharing 1. Anyways, I had to take "broken" computers and fix them to get 3 decent workstations (an i5 and 2 recent i3 based computers). To them broken computers are just perfectly fine computers...
Hey guys, This is in Windows because I think I am looking for Windows tweaks and what not. Work isn't going to replace or upgrade these things and luckily they are not our primary machines but when we get busy we do have to use them. Some locations actually rely on them or might only have (1) "good" computer besides these ones. So anyways... it is an AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz quad. This is the lowest performance CPU I have seen in years! We have a dual-core AMD workstation...
ordered it $294 shipped with 15% off discount and 1.5% discount for debit card. Free return shipping if I decide to get one of the new korean monitors.
Good to know... also always makes you wonder if when a company has increased clock speeds did they bin the GPUs or did they just figure the large majority will be able to handle an increased base clock. Because unless they bin the GPUs its not worth paying extra. For example sometimes the ASUS TOP cards are binned and usually cost around $30 more than the exact same unbinned card... worth the $30. When a card just has the clock increased... do your research.
Hey guys this thing is $300 on jet.com shipped. $293 if you waive free shipping on return. I'm not going to waive the return shipping just in case I get a dead pixel or 2. Is there anything else out there worth looking at in this price range? I would prefer a 3440x1440P monitor over 4k but have not seen one near this price. I'll be running (2) R9 290X water-cooled w/ 4.8GHz 4670K.
First I'd like to say I would prefer to spend less than $400 but I will make the stretch to $600 and maybe a few more if it is for a 3140x1440 or 4k monitor. Most important thing is it has to be FreeSync. As for the freesync range... well wider is better but I'm not too woried as long as it gets me at least something like 45-70... I'd prefer to run the card at the maximum refresh rate of the monitor. I had 2 R9 290X and 2560x1440p sold a card and the monitor but plan on...
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g/c95/s667/list/p1/b192/Watercool-PC_Water_Cooling_Radiators-Extreme_Radiators-Page1.html http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/wamo9xltblra.html Mora radiators "can" passively cool just fine. That said!!! Nothing is wrong with running a few gigantic 200MM fans at ultra low RPM on a temperature switch. I can't remember if the mora-3 fits 4 180mm or 4 200mm fans... I want to say its 4 200MM fans. I had 2 200MM fans zip tied to mine through...
Hi guys, I have a bunch of 4TB HDs I bought a little more than 1 year ago. I had a lot of trouble with them and I am very hesitant to buy more from any company... Anyways I'm on pcpartspicker https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/internal-hard-drive/#S=4000000,10000000&sort=a7&page=1 I'm trying to find one of the hard drives on that list that are not going to flop on me. I'm looking for some guidance LOL. Price per GB is probably most important to me followed by the...
just so others know in case this happens to them... microsoft chat is the best way to go. they confirmed the issue was from installing single language version. then they activated it with their own key so now i have an activated single language license! I doubt that would be common but bottom line 2 things i found out... chat support is great and you cant use single language to save space unless you already had single language.
Meeting the minimum needs and cost are the MOST important things. Second goal is education. I would like to use all business class components so that I can learn how to set them up as part of getting into the beginning education for CCENT then CCNA. What it MUST be capable of doing... I need to get 100mbit ethernet internet connection to 3 gigabit capable devices which are a PC, unRaid server, and a consumer grade gigabit ethernet router w/ wifi. I would prefer to...