Posts by givmedew

Hi, When I originally read this I thought that the modified ram timings meant that someone had taken the 290X bios modified it to work with 4GB of ram and then on top of that modified it to work better for the 290X Hynix or Elipida ram. Then reading a few posts up it seems that the ram timings are timings from the 390X... Is that the case? Doesn't anyone remember people ruining their 6950 from running an unmodified 6970 bios simply because the ram timings where...
Is there absolutely NO block available for that GPU? Just sell the GPU on eBay and buy another 290X that is compatible... ALSO, It's a little more involved but will work just as well to buy a universal block and bits and pieces to add air cooling to your VRM and memory. It removes the majority of the heat from the card and usually a fairly quiet fan is enough to cool the VRM and memory heat sinks. Many people have made very good performing VRM/RAM heat sinks from the...
That you should go with the dual radiators has been covered a few times. I want to expand on this a bit. I would NOT buy a 240 based radiator unless you need the room for something else... Radiators are the least expensive thing to increase performance wise and while thickness barely improves the radiators performance surface area GREATLY improved the performance. Also a 280 is nearly the same size as a 360 so if buying the 240 is for room see if a 280 would work out...
Don't NOT buy this card because of this persons experience with it... just use it heavily in the first 2 weeks or whatever your return policy is. That said NVIDIA is basically an evil BS company for ever selling this card as a 4GB. They really crippled some of the memory on some but not all units. It depends on a lot of circumstances. I would pony up for the 980 or buy a used 290X.That said I want to address the OPs problem.I have had countless video cards over the...
I second what this guy is saying...I just started re benching my CPU to see where I could get the Cache Multi and Memory running too so I started the process from scratch.I have been running 1.353v in per CPU-z which is not exactly what it is set to, for over a year now on a 4.9GHz water cooled 4670KI have had NO degradation of performance. I can still run the CPU at 5GHz and BOOT windows at the same voltages I did a rear ago. It works great... if having issues with...
Are you having issues with temperatures? If not it isn't worth upgrading. If you are having issues you need to consider a few things first. Like if your CPU is delidded or not and also is it a situation of where your temperatures are ok when you first start loading the CPU but they rise significantly over time? If they are raising over time then your fans or radiators are to blame not the CPU block. Truth is I have ran some pretty old blocks that where not top...
The issue you are talking about sounds like it could be going over 4GB of usage. Although yes you have 8GB it is 4GB duplicated. Whatever is on one card is on the other. I am sure you already know all that but what I am getting at is most games when they say they will use 4GB they mean 4GB of data therefore 8GB on your cards because that data is duplicated.When you run a new game that requires some horsepower you really need to run something that keeps track of GPU...
I ran a xeon in a EVGA X58 SLI and had no issue.It was an engineering sample so I don't know if that matters.It was updated to the latest bios factory bios.
You will get tons of people telling you yes it is worth getting... and some people who have been buying newer games that will tell you that half the time it just doesn't work for a few months. Part of the problem is that AMD isn't going to be launching constant beta updates every couple weeks like they used to and like NVIDIA still does. That and issues with developers not holding up their end of the deal (testing). The last driver that AMD put out was 12/7/2014 There...
Aquacomputer makes a killer glass tube reservoir that's just amazing. It is for having a pump on the bottom of the reservoir. They make a DDC and D5 style. I had the D5 one... it was very very well built. I do however recommend the DDC style because the DDC will save you an inch or two when trying to mount it.