Posts by givmedew

So yeh that my board but I am still confused as ever... you say 10GBit or 700ish MB... which one is it? Because if it's a choice of 1250MB vs 700MB I'll take take the 1250 or if it's a scenario of having a 66% spread increase over sata iii I'd take that and being ready to take advantage of the next board I buy is def important as well... so if that port isn't top speed I'll be fine with 66% faster 6gbit vs 10GBit because my next board will be full speed.Still though it's...
I have a z97 fatal1ty cheap board and I have a z87 gigabyte pro extreme whatever but it might have issues (why I bought the fatal1ty) So does the fatal1ty do full speed?
Also I'd say you want to do some research on this guy https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UniFI-Outdoor-Wi-Fi-802-11/dp/B019LB25M4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477448434&sr=8-1&keywords=Outdoor+wireless+AP It solves several of your problems... it can have multiple SSIDs and can set certain ones to have certain bandwidth it also allows you to isolate users from local area network Some research into wether or not there is a different model that is better for your situation is...
Sorry for no reply... you still working on this?What's the distance from that building to the other units? Why is powerline not possible? Are units individually metered with their own drops? I've seen people use powerline Ethernet in apartments over great distance and still get usable speeds. They all had their own meters but it was a single drop from the power line itself.Given the L shape you may want to buy an access point that uses a directional antenna that is...
I need a new SSD now to replace a dead one. It needs to be around 500GB (400GB would be just fine) I really don't need bigger but 256gb won't cut it. Price matters and speed matters. I DONT want to pay $150 for Samsung 850 that came out 2 years ago when there are drives that are 2-4x or more faster. I see an intel 400GB 750 series that uses u.2 I'm guessing it will work with my z97 fatal1ty with some sort of adapter for the mini pcie slot it has. My question... what's...
Ok so find out your budget and seriously try and implement some of these... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H74VKZU/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=WC30800&th=1 Or https://www.amazon.com/Tenda-1000Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet-Compliant/dp/B00L2ZFUZW/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1476411348&sr=1-8&keywords=Av2+2000+powerline The first costs $100 for 2 the second costs $40 for 2... the better is 2x as fast. Both are faster than wifi. You can only use a max of 16 units. ...
There are routers that can "isolate" connections. In other words users can not see other users on the network. This is typically the default behavior for "guest networks" or at a minimum guest networks are at least isolated from the main LAN but it might be possible for 2 users on the guest network to see each other.To this date I have not seen a consumer router with consumer firmware that had the ability to isolate users on the primary wifi network that's not to say I...
For gaming it doesn't matter. That said if you need to turn on QoS or do a lot of torrents or other types of serving then it makes a big difference. A $30 100mbit router is going to be just as good as a $300 gigabit router with beam forming when playing first person shooters. However let's say you have several people in the house and you need to turn on Quality of Service systems because you have kids or roommates or a wife... For example your roommate downloads...
Hi, I can't tell you WHAT TO DO... BUT I can give you my experience in this scenario. I work for a cell provider and used to work for a different cell provider. I have worked inside of at least 10-15 different location between the 2 companies. They all have 1 thing in common... A lot of people using Wi-Fi. 1 company almost all directly owned stores regardless of traffic use extremely high end business grade equipment and at those locations... No issues with 20-40 wifi...
anyone have any luck moddifying the freesync range on this? Just had someone tell me about CRU and it seems it can modify the freesync range. CRU from mister 300