Posts by givmedew

started an owners club for this thing http://www.overclock.net/t/1599260/official-aoc-u2879vf-28-freesync-owners-club/0_20#post_25128723
Changes from other user input: In one part I quoted FreeSync range as 40-59... the official is 40-60 I had written 40-59 because I get tearing at 60. I have now further explained that.
Noticed there isn't one for this monitor and hopefully I am not breaking the rules opening a club on my own. Did a search for start owners club and new owners club but didn't find anything. I will include: Photos Specs My first impressions Some information on possible driver modification to improve freesync range PHOTOS: Specs Panel size 28" Screen Ratio 16:9 Response Time 1ms (claimed) Recommended Resolution 3840x2160@60Hz (DP, HDMI 2.0) (will not do 60Hz at...
Hi,Wondering what you meant about modifying drivers as far as the freesync range is concerned? Do you have a link on how to do this?Also how do you have your text settings set up? I left them set to what windows recommends for the monitor and the text is NOT perfectly crisp. Nothing like my 1440P monitor was. I ended up turning on truetype for now but if you have specific settings that you are using that work better let me know. I was told to expect scaling issues and...
Sorry it's been so long since I came to this... it is still a problem just not the highest priority except when we get busy lol.I am going to check for the chipset drivers tomorrow... but its a clean HP install meaning when I restored it the system had all the HP software installed so I would guess it has the chipset drivers but I will indeed double check tomorrow.going to try some of this stuff toohttp://www.askvg.com/master-tutorial-to-make-your-windows-8-super-fast/
Got mine in the mail... Have not spent much time gaming on it yet. It def needs 2 390/290 cards but that was expected most games needed that on my 1440P. Trying to figure out what setting to get rid of when trying to run on 1 card is hard. (sold my other when I sold my 1440p monitor). Mine has uneven lighting from the center to the edges I'm OK with that because it's a gaming monitor.
Upgrades won't be an option these guys are being super cheap... When I took over this location I had (1) decent computer with 3 people fighting over it. It takes 20-40 minutes to assist a single customer. Best case scenario is having 2 computers per person lol not 3 people sharing 1. Anyways, I had to take "broken" computers and fix them to get 3 decent workstations (an i5 and 2 recent i3 based computers). To them broken computers are just perfectly fine computers...
Hey guys, This is in Windows because I think I am looking for Windows tweaks and what not. Work isn't going to replace or upgrade these things and luckily they are not our primary machines but when we get busy we do have to use them. Some locations actually rely on them or might only have (1) "good" computer besides these ones. So anyways... it is an AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz quad. This is the lowest performance CPU I have seen in years! We have a dual-core AMD workstation...
ordered it $294 shipped with 15% off discount and 1.5% discount for debit card. Free return shipping if I decide to get one of the new korean monitors.
Good to know... also always makes you wonder if when a company has increased clock speeds did they bin the GPUs or did they just figure the large majority will be able to handle an increased base clock. Because unless they bin the GPUs its not worth paying extra. For example sometimes the ASUS TOP cards are binned and usually cost around $30 more than the exact same unbinned card... worth the $30. When a card just has the clock increased... do your research.