Posts by givmedew

I ran a xeon in a EVGA X58 SLI and had no issue.It was an engineering sample so I don't know if that matters.It was updated to the latest bios factory bios.
You will get tons of people telling you yes it is worth getting... and some people who have been buying newer games that will tell you that half the time it just doesn't work for a few months. Part of the problem is that AMD isn't going to be launching constant beta updates every couple weeks like they used to and like NVIDIA still does. That and issues with developers not holding up their end of the deal (testing). The last driver that AMD put out was 12/7/2014 There...
Aquacomputer makes a killer glass tube reservoir that's just amazing. It is for having a pump on the bottom of the reservoir. They make a DDC and D5 style. I had the D5 one... it was very very well built. I do however recommend the DDC style because the DDC will save you an inch or two when trying to mount it.
Forget about NVIDA they dug their grave with G-Sync and now they have to lie in it. By doing that you either overpay for a GPU and Monitor and end up with a monitor that will NEVER do FreeSync so no AMD cards or you can go with AMD... get a FreeSync monitor later on down the road and when NVIDIA unlocks adaptivesync in a few years you have the ability to run NVIDIA with that monitor... Meanwhile your not even paying more for those monitors and the selection will be...
What dual CPU motherboards can you overclock with? besides the SR2? Would love to find a motherboard for sale on ebay that could do that... would be awesome to have 12 cores running around 4GHz!!!
THIS!!!They could have taken a real life still the photoshoped it to look like it was from a game and people would be like oh that is just crap! GTA2 looked better then this! The trees in the original Far Cry where much better!
Yeh I'm running 2-3 delta max and whatever the loop runs at I have a maximum increase of 1C difference between idle and running several hours of benchmarking. In AIDA64 the GPU temp started at 28C and stayed there the entire time. Never went up at all.Now if I stress test the GPUs... well the water temp is going to rise a little bit. Right now I only have 3 fans on my Black Ice Extreme GTX480 1 of the fans broke. The fans are also only 2200RPM fans so it's not like I'm...
Running coolabs liquid ultra will void your warranty on it's own (erases the printing on top of the CPU). The coolabs usually has more than 1-3c of temp drop and the laping is more of an essential thing to do when your using the coolabs.
Hey guys, I want to add something that maybe you guys have thought about and maybe you have not. As far as gaming is concerned there are already some games that can make use of 6 intel cores and provide higher frame rates than that same chip with 2 cores disabled. BUT!!!! With mantle and 2 or 3 290X (really only the 290 and 290x work properly with mantle and you need 2 of them to need 6 intel cores) you will be able to see real gains with a 6 core over a 4 core. THAT...
Article is from 2008 and still holds true but the temps are much much different now. ASFAIK 2500It doesn't say what CPU block you have...I am running... a DT 5noz and cheap free TIM until I know I am keeping this chip then I will probably lap it and run coolabs ultra or GEILID GC EXTREMEUnder AIDA64 load I am seeing high 50s at 1.3v and and mid to high 60s at 1.35vI am wondering if anyone is stating a specific voltage to stay under? My best guess is that with me using...