Posts by givmedew

Where should I measure it at? Not at the 5V molex because that is just going to read 5V. Like I said 2 PSUs. I have a multimeter but I also have one of the better PSU testers and I plugged the molex into it and it check out for 12v and 5v if they where out of spec it would report that. There are no other issues at this time so I am hoping that it is just bad voltage monitoring or something... although because of the voltage going up under load I have to wonder.
OH OKThis is not at all what I thought you meant... this is also something that I was not aware of and raises some eyebrows and issues... if you can't read the text on the screen then...
You got that all wrong... or atleast all of this is wrong : "You first assume that you can be at a fixed GPU rate, well, that's not possible in modern gaming and that's the main reason of stuttering on vsync, because it drops below the target. You then say you can match on the GPU what the monitor can do, that again is the main reason vsync has latency."Even the first part is incorrect but the 2nd part is easy enough to explain to anyone. The latency is partially and...
Does steam stream work with the tablets? If so this is EPIC!
I'm confused?What does scaling have to do with anything. Explain it in easy to understand terms please because obviously it is over my head.I thought scaling would possible have to do with putting a 1080P signal on a 4K monitor and if your saying scaling needs to improve I would guess your saying that when you try to put a 1080P signal on a 4k monitor that it looks horrible.If that is what you mean then I am at a loss as to what your talking about since we wouldn't be...
Dead card bad solder. Has anyone seen this before? This is from HIS it is most definitely NOT from any abuse of the card. Does anyone think I will have trouble getting this handled through HIS? These pieces fell off from heat. This last picture is just of the pieces laid on top of where they belong.
Hello guys... I built a computer for my brother in law and until he was sure what board and processor to buy he was using my i7-920 d0. Anyways we ended up doing a MSI 970a-g46 w/ a FX-6300 cpu. Anyways once the new board and CPU where in he immediately started having issues with the computer resetting after several minutes of gaming. I don't know for sure if I have figured that issue out or not as it could be heat related or it could be this voltage thing. Anyways...
duplicate
They are the same card except the chip. It is possible that side by side a 290X would be a bit louder than a 290 because of the extra shaders but most likely not.As far as them being loud... not at all. Only the BLOWER type reference cards that where out the first months the card was out. AMD kind of shot themselves in the foot on that honestly. They forcibly made the vendors sell the cards with the factory cooling unit and now we have people who still think the card...
My opinion 2GB isn't enough on ultra.The ultra setting doesn't look that much better that its worth doing anyways. I'd recommend textures on high, FXAA, Temporal or TXAA (if you like TXAA and have a NVIDIA card).ALSO TO OPTOMIZE FRAMES PER SECONDFor a higher spec computer leave Level of Detail to Ultra for a medium to medium low spec game put it on HighMotion blur is worth turning off for just about anyone unless you really like the effect. It costs you frames and blurs...