Posts by Fightar

I would say it weighs as much as a big laptop. And the majority of the weight is just from the bulky power supply I have, which I plan on replacing in the next few months.These newer pentiums have got to be the single most cost efficient and cool cpu's out there right now. A 3.1ghz cpu stuffed into a tiny box, surrounded by cables, and put on a stock cooler and I've never seen the temps go above 47 C even on load.
Look for a program called Speccy.
Many months ago I said I was going to make the DIYPC V3Plus-B my new mini-itx case of choice. I really wanted a low-profile, super-light LAN PC that fit an extreme budget and can still play just about everything on ultra. Well, I finally got around to doing it and I still haven't seen any other builds for this case. I must say that this is one of the best cases I've ever worked with. For a case that has no fans, it stays really, really cool, which may be partly due to...
I'm going to be getting this case. Finally! A SFF case that ditches the optical drive and over-abundant hard drive bays. I'm going to stick my tiny 650 ti in there and parade around town.
Vsync and screen tear can be a tricky fish sometimes. Sometimes, it's just game related like with games such as Deus Ex:HR or Mirror's Edge, and nothing you do will stop the screen tear.
When it comes to gaming laptops, I can tell you from personal experience that the Sager NP6110 is the best one when it comes to a balance between power and portability. You sacrifice a slight graphical edge for the portability of an 11 inch notebook. It's also one of the easiest laptops to change out harddrives and ram that I've ever used. No unscrewing a thousand tiny screws. You can simply slide the back panel off. The only downsides this thing really has is that the...
I'm building a new SFF rig with the intent of gaming and wasting as little space as possible. I have no plans to overclock. My current equipment choices include: Sugo SG05BB-450 case Samsung 830 SSD Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600mhz i3 3220 with stock fan Asrock B75M mini itx motherboard MSI-N660-2GD5 Geforce GTX 660 And whatever slim dvd drive that's not ****. This will be my first sff build I've attempted on my own. Anyone see any problems with this build I might...
The problem comes from intel laptop cpu's having built-in power saving features that constantly throttle the cpu down during certain periods of idleness and tempurature spikes. Either in your bios or with throttlestop disable C1E or both C1E and EIST. Note that disabling EIST will also disable turbo mode, so if you want to keep your clocks at max you'll have to set it in the multiplier either in bios or throttlestop. You do this at your own risk to your cpu. I don't...
My monitor is only about 2 feet away from my face, so I guess that's why it strains my eyes.
I'm pretty sure most of you won't agree with this, but I've found that I prefer a smaller monitor over a larger one. I've used a 23 inch 120hz monitor for almost 2 years but recently switched to an 18.5 inch with 1366x768 res. I really prefer it and I feel like I have a lot less strain on my eyes. And, while it may seem silly to have a GTX 670 on such a small resolution, I get the bonus of always being able to use vsync in every single game I play without the possibility...