Posts by airdeano

corsair will sell the blank right-side panel for $15 so you can get really creative on whatthat panel should have. only issue might be the radiator standing too tall interfering withthe lower GPU (assuming SLI/CFX) slightly. i hadn't had a board/2x GPU installed to checkthat aspect. but it is very doable if the clearance is there. when i heard the 750D was coming,i automatically thought a scaled down 900D with 360 radiators instead of 480 radiators.PSU wise, the lower I/O...
good idea..could always tint the window to obscure the PSU placement (removable when system changes)with any % of transparency (limo tint). this idea had occurred to me after my SM8 case. willhave to re-sculpt the lower floor to match the radiator (it sits tight against the front bulkhead).i'd even thought of 900D placement in the lower chassis. just having to config the air-flow.airdeano
its not really the fan access, but the 8-pin power at the top of the mobo.here's a RIVE with a large MOSFET 'sink at the top, with the 8-pin CPUpower plug just under the left-most fan.it'd be a better idea to off-set mount the radiator 8-10mm to alleviate the8-pin power issue and still keep the 5.25 bays (some do not care to cutup their case). but if you are not worried about the 8-pin power being ina bind, your ready to drop some coin on parts.airdeano
it is really close upon placement of the power input on the motherboard. unless it islocated next to the keyboard/USB hub then most 95% of the motherboards will have this junction problem.i was comfortable with the 8-pin binding as there really isn't that much to be worried about. with sleevedcables the extra insulation will easily guard against any chaffing/rub issues for years to come. plus seeingthat the XT45 runs pretty much equally in performance to the UT60 from...
i have a mock up of an XSPC 360/Rampage IV Extreme. it does put the 8-pin in a bind. if that's a deal breakerthen the XT45 would be a better choice. the 8-pin is about 2mm from fan (binding the wires pretty hard, pressingthe mobo pretty firm). in the pictures below, the 8-pin is connected and fans are fine..airdeano
i still use the B-Blaster 140 fans and you won't need four (push/pull for that thin of a radiatorof fin density. you might gain 2°-4° temp drop, but the headache of low clearance comes intoplay. single set (push or pull) with that strong of a fan (even at 7v) is plenty of flow. i use twofor the intake on a Alphacool UT60 280 and 3x120 for rad exhaust and still have a positiveto combat dust. so two FD R2 or BGears 140 in front panel and two on H110 and your setup.might...
with the new 750D with dual 140mm intakes, single exhaust 140 and an upward draft could make it an awesome air cooled case with future hopefuls of water cooling. with a high roof for the D14 to do its job without battling the roof fans, i don't think you did anything wrong. make a build log for it and show us your progress.. airdeano
the panel i/o cables will fit with no problems. i have mine routed behind the motherboard and peakout from under with slack for days. so routing through the 8-pin is a piece of cake. buy on, my friend!airdeano
PM me and lets chat about it..airdeano
ok, one MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC has been sold, but have one last one remaining. all PMs have been replied and awaiting first to pay, first to receive via PayPal. sorry i cannot "HOLD" any parts, because there are too many that are willing to pay sooner. i'd hope you understand. airdeano