Posts by Shaitan

I'll toss in a second vote for the Dell U2713HM monitor. It is a fantastic monitor.
My advice would be the Asus vg248qe.I have had the XL2420T and the new XL2430T. I have not been able to get near the color quality out of them that I can get out of my VG248QE. I have almost got it to the point where it is near identical to my U2713HM ips panel.
If anyone has been looking for a 980 w/ aftermarket cooling, the MSI 980 Gaming is in stock at Newegg:
Skyrim was one of the main deciding factors in returning the Swift. I had to disable all features of the monitor to play the game properly. Bethesda games do not like G-Sync or > 60Hz refresh rates.My main games that I play on PC are Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Fallout: 3, and Fallout:NV. Along with the occasional Civ 5 or other point and click game.All of the above either work well with 21:9 or you can at least use an app like flawless widescreen to make them compatible.
Madara Uchiha is the name of another player. The game will randomly assign them to you when a captain kills someone else that is playing the game.
I just recently returned my ROG Swift and will probably go with a 21:9 in the near future. It just makes more sense for me since I don't really play many fast paced games.I will say that G-Sync is amazing though, and if they put that in a 21:9 monitor I would buy it in a heartbeat.
You'll be the first to know if I ultimately decide to, I know you've been looking for two others for some time.
I had the same problem with my VG248QE that I used to have. If I set the system to 144Hz, my card would not downclock properly. Same thing with the Swift, even if it is the only monitor connected. On another note, I am contemplating parting ways with my Swift. Now that I have seen that Dell is finally releasing their 3440x1440 IPS panel, I am thinking about eventually switching to that. I have found that lately, I am mainly playing Skyrim or going back through Fallout...
I usually switch through cases left and right trying to find the right fit, and I think I finally have! I also think this was the quickest build I have done in a long time. There is soooo much room for cable management, it is ridiculous.
Might as well post my setup seeing as how I lurk in this thread all the time Excuse the crappy phone pic