Posts by MenacingTuba

This 170$ adapter is the only adapter proven to consistently work. I'm in the same situation as you since I also have two Qnix/X-Star monitors, but don't want to spend 170$ on an adapter. Amazon used to claim that this cheaper adapter works, but they updated it since it does not work properly either.The new Crossover (official thread; there are multiple models with multiple refresh rates) are much better than the Korean PLS panels since Qnix/X-Star use multiple panels...
Sure as long as you're fine with buying an objectively bad product made by a penny pinching (Flicker Free back-lighting is essentially a cost-free feature) manufacturer who does not care about their consumers, or about the fact that they're essentially selling fake 4K TV's (most of the cheapest monitors are Flicker Free and easily best most TV's when it comes to motion clarity).
Almost all modern monitors and Sony TV's use direct current or PWM/Flicker Free back-lighting, and so do LG OLED TV's. PWM/Flicker Free back-lighting is better for all since flickering back-lights which are not synced with the refresh rate ruining motion clarity and can cause health issues; the images I posted show the motion clarity differences between the two different types of back-lighting.Ignorance is bliss.If you read Rtings reviews of both the Samsung and Sonys you...
If willing to spend 800$ get a Sony X800D (43" VA & 49" IPS) instead (Rtings Review). The X800D series has much better colors (HDR & non-HDR) than similarly priced competitors, and is LED PWM Dimming or Flicker Free unlike 99% of TV's. PWM ruins motion clarity and makes some people suffer from health issues like head aches and/or eyestrain (source).
The first (TN panel with vertically uneven colors and restrictive viewing angles) and the third option (VA panel with horizontally uneven colors and black crush in the center) are not suitable for Photoshop.The VX3209-2K is an actual upgrade in every way compared to your current monitor, but the 480 is kind of slow for 1440p gaming. The other two monitors are downgrades image quality wise, and are not suitable for Photoshop, but the XG3202-C is good for movies and...
The 27UD68 with a black height adjustable stand and 3 year warranty instead of 1 year is available from Mass Drop (free sign up) for 400$. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lg-27-4k-freesync-monitor-27ud68p-b
I tested one of these again, but this time with the Leo Bodnar input lag device which measured 20ms (includes a few ms of pixel response times) over both DVI & HDMI which is interesting since PRAD measured 7.2ms with an oscilloscope and TFT Central measured 28ms with the SMT Tool. This puts it on the same level as its competitors from the time lag wise, but the VP2770 had better quality control and was subject to the good kind of panel lottery since it could come with the...
They all are, and I live in B.C. (western most province in Canada), near the border.
The OP makes a thread about downgrading or side grading his 27" monitor ever few months since 2012, and has zero interest in reading reviews or heeding good advice in order to make an informed purchased.
They're both single input.