Posts by tcclaviger

My Classified does 1506/8800 on air, wedged between two water cooled asus 980s and stays in the mid 70s, so, take your fps and add 20% for the oc. If you buy the lies about "the human eye cannot see over 60 fps", well, tbh you should have bought a 960.....
Titan X stock is about 18% faster than a stock 980. 980s usually pick up around d 20% performance with a normal OC, so yes it IS a game changer. The titan X when OCD will pickup around 16% more performance, and will take the lead again. Now put that OCD TX against OCD 980s in SLI in anything that scales even mildly well and the TX loses. The flip side of this is that the OCD Titan X is going to bump the power and thermal limits much more often than 980s will meaning...
To fix this when in SLI set the two cards apart by at least 30 mhz, so one card at 1580 and one at 1550. When it goes into SLI rendering it will downclock the higher clock to the lower speed.No idea why this works, but people have reported this fixed the buggy offset voltages between cards.It is an NVIDIA problem because they are too busy doing lol terribad SLI profiles to bother actually fixing anything.@KRITIKILLYour clock speeds are not unreasonable at 1493 boost on...
Since you have a 780 I would strongly advise to wait 3 months and see if there will be a Titan X "light" or any GM200 based GPUs that are going to slot into the ~$700 category instead of a 980. If you really don't want to wait, or dont want to go much over $550 I would suggest the EVGA ACX 2.0 (non SC, same card different clocks) or the Strix.For every person I have read "bad RMA" about Asus I have seen someone who has had a good experience... Keep in mind by a very large...
@ Methodical - pcie timing is the likely culprit. Try clock offset in bios, start with -2 value. @scorpcarx - The Vrms are rated at 105c. Also what are you reading VRM temp with? Long story short, you want to have whatever it is closed while running 3d, the way software interacts with I2C causes instability and voltage fluctuation on the Strix badly, like dropping from 1.212 to 1 to 1.22 then 1.212 and repeat that every 2 seconds.
Yep. If you want a moded/delimited one that isn't the ln2 bios let me know, I have them already adjusted on file I can PM you. You will hit the 125 percent limit around 1500 core or so.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/03/26/directx-12-delivers-amd-nvidia-and-intel-hardware-tested-with-awesome-improvements/ First benchmarks of DX12 emerging. It appears it is capable of delivering on the huge performance increases promised, which should give around 12,000,000 draw calls for a GTX 980! Hex/Octo core owners rejoice, this should drastically increase the performance margin between hex/Octo and quads.
Well, the Matrix/Classified/Strix sandwich is complete and working wewt. Here are the day 0 scores, no tweaking or testing done, just bump memory to 8000, the classfied boosted to 1468mhz with no changes right out of the box Now that I have them side by side and have a direct comparison, the classy cooler is hands down better than the Asus solution. I have it air cooled still wedged between the watercooled Asus cards and it still stays cooler at benchmarking than the...
Sloppy
As Methodical says but, it depends on your build, but most people will be ok with a 750w with 980 SLI, and probalby all 4 core i7s setups. The only people who need to look higher for 980 SLI are 6/8 core i7s highly OCd when using 980s high OCd at the same time.