Posts by tcclaviger

Just won an auction on an Iwaki MD-40RT for my 1st pump in line, will live outside the house specs are pretty good: (W)MD-40R(T) Inlet/Outlet Diameter - 3/4 (19) RPM - 3200 Max Flow GPM(LPM) - 13.7 (52) Max Head FT(m) -21.3 (6.5) Max Pressure PSI(mpa) - 14.22 (.09) Would think with the high volume and fairly good pressure it puts out it shouldn't struggle too much with a chilled loop with a MCP35X2 and MCP50X inside the chilled box to help it out. I expect 1-2GPM at...
Nice try Desolusional, but top fans ALWAYS exhaust isn't ALWAYS the best idea, and any 900D case with 2x480, 1x240, 1x360 rad installed will prove it. All fans drawing in and passively venting out the back + the 1x140mm exhaust fan on the back will get better temps than a 900D with the same setup exhausting out the top. If the top is exhausting then you are drawing air from 3 other radiators over all the components then through the top radiator. It doesn't take much to...
If you are FULLY water cooled: GPUs, CPUs, VRMs, Chipset, there is NO reason to be concerned with the ambient temp increase that a nearly all pull setup creates. It keeps the inside of your case cleaner if the intakes are filtered and applies the greatest delta temps where they are needed the most, the radiators.When you hare PARTIALLY water cooled, as in just CPU or CPU and universal GPU block, of course you need to focus on airflow, and as I said, but was quoted using...
I suggest change nothing for now. Cycle your pumps on/off/on/off a few times, maybe a lot of times. Tilt case, almost 90 degrees in each direction. Air bubbles will absolutely kill a loops performance depending on their size and location! Get the air out, then look at temps. You should be able to keep Air/Water deltas under 10c with what you have and that amount of radiator.
All radiator fans pull in. All non-radiator fans blow out. Pretty much the defacto best setup for best performance of your loop. 1 set of rad fans sucking air in, and another set blowing air out is like having stacked rads, a well proven way to reduce loop efficiency. That said, if your not cooling the motherboard VRMs with water and they are still air cooled, you will be hamstrung by it. Your ultimate temps and overclock headroom will be dictated by the VRMs on the MB...
After checking the CPU/CPU-Block contact pressure and TIM, then checking flow is proper, I suggest checking case airflow as the next possibility, how is your airflow configured?
PEX not terribly useful on ambient cooling. Samsung vs Hynix, both hit very high speeds, its more about the timings applied to them by the bios than the chip manufacturer. Of my 3 cards 2 are samsung,1 is hynix, all of them top out a little over 8400 on stock voltage. Other I know also run mix memory brands on their cards and hit between 8200-8600 as their cap speeds. 1.6 volts is enough for sammy to clock well into the 8xxx range, and some cards have shown undervolting...
VGA LED being the active clue here.... swap out GPU for alternate, unplug everything except cpu/1 ram stick/gpu monitor and keyboard, boot. If no luck, remount CPU check for bent pins in socket, if no bent pins, gpu is verified in another system, and ram is verified in another system, your problem is either cpu or mb, my money's on mb usually, cpu failures are exceedingly rare.
Yeah, CPU-Z is missing the data entry to distinguish the 2690 from the 1680 so it says 2690 in the portion that uses the CPU-Z database, and 1680 where it pulls from the OS report.
New memory kit arrived See timings below, insane for 64GB in a board not certified to run ANY 64GB kit, let alone at these timings: Yes they are slightly lower timings and slightly less bandwidth than my 16GB kit, but, I'm happy to trade 48GB capacity for about a 1% reduction in throughput at similar latencies.