Posts by broadbandaddict

I bought these to use with my Alienware 17 but I upgraded my video card and I lost 3D functionality so I can't use these anymore. They are like new, I only used them a handful of times. I only have the cases and USB cables, no boxes. $40 plus shipping for one $70 plus shipping for both NEWEGG LINK I ship worldwide, contact me for a shipping quote. I take Paypal only and I will only ship to your Paypal address. Thanks!
I bought a used XBOX 360 a few months ago and sold all the games I didn't want but these games and Kinect were not sold so here they are. Looking for $33 plus shipping to wherever you'd like them to go. I only take Paypal and I will only ship to the address on your Paypal. Games: Kinect Adventures! Dance Central Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Fallout 3 Mass Effect 2 NHL 07 The Elder Scrolls Oblivion FIFA Soccer 12 NHL 11 Chrome Hounds NHL 12 MotoGP 06 Halo 4 Disc 1 I'm...
Hi all. I purchased this motherboard/CPU/RAM about 3 year ago for a family members HTPC. It was used rarely, and only for internet and Netflix. The Silverstone heatsink was purchased about a year ago for a RVZ01 build I did, I only have the mounting hardware pictured, it looks like it will mount on Intel as well but I can't guarantee it. It also has a second set of fan clips. Looking for $120 Paypal, shipped US48 for the bundle. I can ship out of the country but shipping...
Speed isn't bad in general use, I don't really notice any slow downs but as long as it is fast enough to stream my movies I don't really look into it. CDM says my current VM array reads/writes at 750/263 MB/s. Each of the 12 VMs runs as good as they would installed to their own SSD although I am tempted to try out a striped storage space with 4 drives, 3 of them netted me 1600/1300 MB/s! The other two ReFS storage spaces are hard to test, no drive benchmark gets along well...
I ran my 5 x 3TB in parity for a while and they seemed to do fine. I even had ReFS on top which really slows them down and I was still getting close to or over 100MB/s reads and 40MB/s or more on writes over the network. I decided to switch to mirroring with how cheap storage is now (5TB for $140!) and considering how likely a second drive failure will be when rebuilding multiple big arrays over days.
I really like storage spaces. I've always been a fan of software RAID and this seems to be the next step. There are a few arbitrary limits I don't like or features that aren't implemented in Server 2012, like rebalancing an array, but Microsoft seems to be adding a lot of stuff in 2016. You can add multiple drives at a time (dependent on virtual disk settings) and the only problems I've had are with controllers that aren't supported. It's pretty neat to be able to hook up...
Traded a family member an old laptop for this HTPC. Here it is with the hard drives and optical drive pulled out. Test fitting it in my TV console. It doesn't fit. So I drilled out these rivets on the front.... Busted out the tin snips and ended up with this: I wedged the front piece between the motherboard tray and case. Snapped the front panel on and zip tied everything to keep it on tight. It turned out pretty good I think. I'm going to finish...
Second hand is preferred with the amount of money the new ones go for. I was looking a bit on eBay and found this i350-T4 but I'm a little overwhelmed with all the choices and the constant rebadges from OEMs. I just need something that will work with Server 2012 R2 and Hyper-V, nothing fancy.edit: I don't want the cheapest of the cheap, I'm fine paying up to $100 but if it isn't worth spending more then I'd rather not.
Here's a picture of my current work in progress server. After a busy summer with a very inconvenient drive failure I'm hoping to get the finishing touches done in the next couple months. Specs: Intel Core i7 4790K 16GB DDR3 (2x8) Fractal R5 w/ Seasonic 400W Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 2 x 128GB Crucial M4: Boot, RAID 1 4 x 256GB Crucial M4: VMs, Mirrored Storage Pool 5 x 3TB WD Red: Data, Mirrored Storage Pool, ReFS 3 x 5TB Toshiba: Movies and TV, Mirrored...
And we have our winners: #36 - sasuke256 #05 - zalbard #03 - carlhil2 #08 - Versa #12 - Coolio831 #78 - demps709 #76 - fragamemnon #85 - Keromyaou #34 - cptnighthawk666 #21 - xundeadgenesisx I'll be PMing everyone their activation key and instructions within the next couple of hours. Thanks to everyone who participated and congrats to those who won.