Posts by broadbandaddict

Absolutely.
One of the 8350s is sold.
All PMs replied to yesterday. Prices dropped as well. Offers are welcome, worst I can say is no thanks.
I'm looking to get rid of my Surface Pro 2 today. I got it new in box in May and it is still under warranty until May 25th, 2015 (as pictured). I've got a Type Cover, two chargers and a mini displayport to HDMI adapter. It in great condition, the screen is flawless and the only scratches that are really noticeable are on the side (picture 6) and the charging port (picture 7). There is light scratching on the back but it is hard to see and hasn't gone through the...
I'm selling two used AMD FX 8350s, an ASUS Crosshair V and a Heatkiller Rev 3.0 Nickel/Black CPU waterblock. All are like new. One of the 8350s is currently mounted in the Crosshair V with the Heatkiller block on top. It's mounted with Liquid Ultra right now so I wanted to make sure nobody wanted the combo before I took them apart. Been a great chip and motherboard. I used them in a backup/LAN rig for a while but they've been sitting idle for the last few months. The CPU...
That's how my EVGA FTW heatsink was. Only the GPU is cooled.
So I got one of these a couple of weeks ago and paired it up with a 750Ti for a light HTPC/LAN machine. Very impressed so far. I'm at 4.3GHz @ 1.2V right now, temps in mid 70s. I'm planning on delidding it tonight but I'm trying to decide if I should buy some more Liquid Ultra or if PK3 is gonna be good enough. Any opinions?
I recently had this laptop donated to me when a family member upgraded to a newer one. I don't really have a use for it so I'm looking to get rid of it. It can crossfire the APU and dedicated card to boost graphics performance. I played around with an overclock on it when it was new and got it clocked significantly higher, high 2.xGhz if I remember right. It was purchased new Summer of 2011. Lenovo Z575 - AMD A6-3420M APU - 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3, upgraded from 6GB - 500GB WD...
I'm doubtful that it's your PSU unless it's just really old, a junk brand, or you've had problems before with it. Generally when I've seen power supplies go out they just die and don't really damage anything else, although we did have one HP all in one at work that popped a mosfet and killed the board when the power brick died. As for the warranty you should have no problem getting a replacement from MSI.
Seems to me it would be a mosfet or VRM or something. Found a nice image of the boards layout: What kind of clocks/volts were your running the CPU at?