Posts by ramicio

Simple. Your sound adapter doesn't support that sample rate. I doubt your PC and PS3 sound any different, especially when it's sending a digital signal to the same DAC. The only reason you think it does is because you can see which one is plugged in.
It works for me, but I still have to start it manually, so this is not a solution IMO.
I guess there is never going to be any solution from ASUS or Foobar with this. The Foobar people avoid fixing anything like this by mocking those that want bit-perfect playback. This pisses me off so much.
Lies. Blatant lies. CDs sounded bad at first because 1. DACs generally sucked unless they were expensive, and 2. most were clueless about the mastering. They were sending vinyl masters to CD pressers. If a digital signal gets so astray from the clock as to shift a whole bit, nothing but noise would come from the speakers (the bit stream would be corrupted). Ever hear of a buffer? Jitter can never make it past a buffer. A 1 is still a 1 and a 0 is still a 0. Only jitter in...
Power like that is just absurd and pointless. Why purposely create a inefficient speaker? Something of only a few watts can deliver all of the sound you need, at much lower distortion (transparently). That kind of power is only useful for squeezing out every last bit of decibel. A sound system shouldn't even need 10 watts RMS per speaker. Why we have 100+ watts per channel, I don't know. A surround sound receiver could be the size of a modem or router, but instead, they're...
What does it capture directly to? If it's uncompressed, you don't have the disk bandwidth to record that rate, and most people don't even have the bandwidth to play back such a file. If it's compressed, your CPU likely can't keep up compressing it in real time. i doubt your PC is fast enough to record games. I've never tried it (I don't game), so I can't be certain.
Even so, I would just take the time to upload it as-is rather than getting generational loss compressing once more than you needn't. It's not like you have to sit there watching it upload. http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings
You shouldn't even need to convert to anything to put a video on youtube. I've already uploaded lossless video files. They recognize a very large amount of formats. Most people use avisynth and x264.exe the commandline encoder.
Ultrafast is the fastest preset, so it will yield the largest file. x264 is an H.264 encoder. It would help to give details as to what your recordings are, like the format and other specs, and what you're trying to end up with.
Yeah, I'm about done with this crap. I am not downgrading my OS to Win7 just to play music well. That introduces its own line of problems when it comes to watching video on a multi-display setup. Aero causes frames to drop and I can't stand the look of things when Aero is off. I tried JRiver, but I don't care for its interface and it has a crappy replaygain system. Winamp is dead. I don't care for the interface of foobar2000, but it's simple and just does stuff right.